Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
As someone who is rooting for Vancouver, knowing that Pickard is likely starting Game 4, it makes me nervous. Because I know that Pickard (though coming in cold) gives the Oilers the best chance in winning. A career college backup.

Hope Skinner starts because he’s been valuable to the Canucks offense.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Im not even trying to start shit but Edmonton really needs to get themselves some depth this post season.

McDrai are gonna die from over exertion at this rate.
Almost 30mins of ice time in one single game is almost near the top of league record since 2005.

Part of the problem is that with Henrique hurt, and Draisaitl not at 100%, they loaded them up on the same line when they haven't been together all year. So instead of 2 guys that can drive their own lines, you just have 1 capable line and nobody else that is a line driver on the other 3. While they are probably more effective together, it's easier to matchup against the Oilers now.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Oilers came out flat in the 1st, Canucks took a 3-1 lead and cruised for the majority of the game. Can’t get too casual Canucks missed 2 empty netters and allowed the Oilers to come within a goal. McDrai look a little fatigued, they complain so damn much, the Whiner twins.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Then I guess McDavid will be getting a game for that slash too.

you mean after Soucy cross checked him the first time?

It’s funny actually the scummiest play there was Zadorov, you could tell Soucy didn’t mean to hit him in the face and actually looked like he reached down and apologize. Russian Shrek didn’t care though.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Edmonton looked pretty ineffective when not on the PP, no contribution from their depth players, and shaky goaltending.

Can someone remind me why they are considered by many as favourites for the cup?
I watch both teams (Canucks fan first, Oilers second).

This isn't the Oilers A game. They usually feast on teams that panic (hence when the Canucks did it, they got scored on) because their defense tends to pinch down the wall and hold the zone. Canucks are aware of this, but also playing a risky style of handing the puck back over and testing their luck. However, with that said, there's a lot of no-shows from the Oilers. Now a lot of that is on the Canucks as their depth is very defensive oriented, however the Oilers are also not capitalizing on a lot of their chances as well. A lot of missed nets, lots of posts, etc.

Canucks are pulling a Nashville on the Oilers essentially. They're making them look worse than they are despite looking like a weak team. Canucks are lucky that Skinner (who was halfway decent this year in net during the reg season) isn't playing well and the Canucks have returned to form on capitalizing on their chances that they couldn't do at all against Nashville.

Add in some horrible officiating both ways and we have a 2-1 series with the Canucks up. With that said, objectively speaking based on level of play, I personally feel the Canucks should be down 2-1 in the series. I thought the Canucks were better in game 1, but game 2 and 3 Oilers were the better team but them's the bounces as they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad