Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Arturs wasn't too good but other guys came to play .Another comeback.
Yeah I think most coaches would have pulled him after that 4th goal. If only to give the team a bit of a spark.
But credit to Tocchet for sticking with him. The team really rallied around him to make Silov’s job pretty easy with only 5 shots in the last 2 periods.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Dude HFOIL was melting down after the first goal.

Series is far from over. Oilers clearly stopped playing after the 4th goal and the Canucks never stopped or gave up.

Im embarrassed by their reactions and sorry to be associated with them. The doomer posters than only come out after a loss that haven't been around since the end of the season came crawling back out to trash shit. That being said, a lot of Canuck fans haven't been very graceful in victory.

Being passionate Canadian fanbases, there are going to be "shitty" fans on both sides. Not to point fingers, but considering most of the Oil fans on HF counted out the Canucks before the first puck dropped, and considering almost all analysts took Oilers over Canucks, there is likely a bit more pent up animosity than usual.

Game 1 was more important for Vancouver than it was for Edmonton. We needed to win that game to prove to everyone we could keep up with the Oilers, and to hopefully cast some doubt into the minds of the Oilers players. With that said, the Oiler's aren't in a bad situation... The home team is kind of supposed to win Game 1; if they win Game 2, they are back in the driver's seat, so there's that....

Let's see what happens... Obviously as a Canuck fan that was an exciting game, and it was probably a bit deflating for Oiler fans. I suspect we'll each have our lows and highs in this series...

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I wont pretend to be an expert on the Oilers but that was a weird game. Was there and it was electric.

On ice thought both teams were off. Some of the key players looked like they were tentative as they adjusted to different systems and perhaps a little flat after emotional first rounds and of course the bodies being banged up. Fully expect that to change starting friday.

Draisaitl looked like the best player and it wasn't close until he got hurt. With McDavid having a pedestrian night the Canuck spine down the middle took control of the game as they grabbed the momentum. Nurse and Ceci were problematic and really other than Hyman and Mcloed the Oilers looked a bit sluggish and flat

Was shocked to see the Oilers 3rd line pushing all 3 forwards up ice at 4-1 and at one point even a defenseman had joined a 3 on 2 trying to make it a 4 on2 when up by 3 goals. That is not the kind of discipline that will end well and it proved to be a sign of things to come. And sure Skinner stunk but with smart management the Oilers should have been able to at least look like they know how to close a game out. Thought that was really weird but perhaps the players were thinking it was gonna be stats night after having such easy scoring success for 30minutes.

For Van Miller was having an off night and Hughes i also thought wasn't quite himself. Ian Cole and Myers were train wrecks. Pettersson was looking much better his line mates are playing their ways out of town. Both are useless beyond effort. Mikhayev is insanely frustrating because with his speed and size should at least be a physical beast yet he refuses to hit anyone or initiate on the forecheck. Just a puck watching chest hitting checker. 1 goal in like 60 games what a joke he is in his role

Both goalies were weak so it's really not worth hanging a hat on other than to say they need to be better for either team to go anywhere. Quite honestly we match up well against the Oilers. Really sucks not having Demko as he should be our MVP at this stage. Winning game 1 in comeback fashion and having Miller and Hughes off is a massive shot in the arm for Vancouver. Gonna be a fun series

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
Damn blowing a 4-1 lead that's one way to choke

Should rename the team the Edmonton Maple Oilers, lead by superstar Cautin McMatthews

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
The Canucks play completely different system than the kings, and the Oilers play a completely different system than Nashville.

That’s the fun part about the playoffs, every series is a complete reset
Funny, I remember saying that for days and Oilers fans telling me how wrong I was, that we stunk, and would continue to stink, that we wouldn't score goals and would get swept.

Yeppp funny how that works......

Nuck Bonino

May 10, 2011
Corey Perry was a complete non factor in the game. I thought oilers fans said he would destroy the Canucks
His best days are definitely behind him but Oiler fans seem to enjoy living in the past

Funny, I remember saying that for days and Oilers fans telling me how wrong I was, that we stunk, and would continue to stink, that we wouldn't score goals and would get swept.
Yepp even down 4-1 I knew it was eventually going to turn given how much open ice and good looks the Nucks were getting. Night and day difference from playing against the Predators

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Game 2 should be fun.
Curious to see how both teams respond.
I can’t imagine a worse possible start for the Canucks than a too many man penalty at the start but I expect the Oilers to come out flying. McDavid was pretty much a non factor and that likely won’t continue.
Canucks third line is the key advantage that they need to dominate again. Especially against the Nurse-Ceci pairing.
The coaches will make adjustments and we will probably see a much different game.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
The Canucks didn't allow McDavid a single shot in the first game. That's the first time ever that its happened to him.

It's up to the Oilers depth players to pick up the slack.
I would like to take credit for this. I put a McDavid hockey card in my deep freezer yesterday morning. I did the same thing to Brouder during the 2010 Olympics before the Canada-USA preliminary game because I wanted Luongo in net instead. Basically, my deep freezer has magic powers that causes players to underperform.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I would like to take credit for this. I put a McDavid hockey card in my deep freezer yesterday morning. I did the same thing to Brouder during the 2010 Olympics before the Canada-USA preliminary game because I wanted Luongo in net instead. Basically, my deep freezer has magic powers that causes players to underperform.
Put the entire roster in the deep freeze for Friday?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad