Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
You need to get out of your own head and stop buying into internet fud. As has been already pointed out, the games need to be played on the ice. AT this stage of the season every team left is capable of beating any team they face. Injuries will of course play a factor as well. Saying team Y will steamroll team X before either team is even through their current series is just down right silly and makes the person repeating it look even more so.
I literally said that anything can happen so I'm not saying that it's an automatic steamroll for the Central winner, I'm just saying that Colorado or Dallas would be heavy favorites against either of these teams. I don't think that's a controversial statement to make.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
If Pickard stinks in game two, I'd say Skinner is the man for the rest of the series. No way I'd trust Campbell even though I think he did pretty good in AHL.

Game two Pickard would give the coach an idea who to use for home ice game 3. If the coach uses Skinner again, a good game still shows he's up and down and Pickard is untapped potential. A bad game then Pickard gets thrown in game 3 at home under pressure.

I'm just guessing here. But given how shaky Skinner is, Pickard should get a chance at some point to see if he's worth subbing in.
Last year they rode Skinner for the entire playoffs when it was clear he was in way over his head by round 1 game 2. I don't know why this year would be any different. Oilers win game 2 8-7

Last edited:

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I literally said that anything can happen, I'm just saying that Colorado or Dallas would be heavy favorites against either of these teams. I don't think that's a controversial statement to make.
If Demko comes back, then its up in the air. Sure, Colorado and Dallas could beat the Oilers but i doubt they would beat the Canucks as easily as you think with bubble Demko. People still forget how Demko made Vegas go to 7 games by himself in 2020 playoffs

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
It was but it’s also a tough read. He’s going high and last second a stick completely changes the direction of the puck. Weak but it happens.
True, i dont blame Silovs either. He was bound to have a weaker game.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I don’t cheer for either team but that was an amazing comeback from the Canucks.

Playoff momentum is key to winning a series and Vancouver has it right now.
Momentum swings shift to shift. Cant say Canucks have momentum for next game based on this game. We can say they are more confident beating the oilers tho

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
If Pickard stinks in game two, I'd say Skinner is the man for the rest of the series. No way I'd trust Campbell even though I think he did pretty good in AHL.

Game two Pickard would give the coach an idea who to use for home ice game 3. If the coach uses Skinner again, a good game still shows he's up and down and Pickard is untapped potential. A bad game then Pickard gets thrown in game 3 at home under pressure.

I'm just guessing here. But given how shaky Skinner is, Pickard should get a chance at some point to see if he's worth subbing in.
Pickard is brutal. Shouldn't even be a consideration to play even with a struggling Skinner. I've said it before but Holland should have been fired for not getting a solid backup for the playoffs. Jake Allen was available!!

Now Oilers have to run skinner and hope he figures it out because pickard ain't it. Horrible decision by Holland lol

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
That was incredible. I can't imagine what that must have felt like for Miller to be in that moment. Pro athlete or not that had to hit the feelers.
Miller is the emotional leader of this team imo. Just a great effort against one of the best to ever play the game in McDavid.
That goal was all skill on a pass from Boeser that few could handle.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Toronto and Montreal have sold out in the past at crazy prices.
They are much bigger cities than Vancouver though.

Pickard is brutal. Shouldn't even be a consideration to play even with a struggling Skinner. I've said it before but Holland should have been fired for not getting a solid backup for the playoffs. Jake Allen was available!!

Now Oilers have to run skinner and hope he figures it out because pickard ain't it. Horrible decision by Holland lol
Holland got a bunch of 4th liners and 3rd pair dman instead of a legit NHL goalie at the deadline

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad