Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
4 goals on 18 shots. I thought they had some cutting edge offense not this unsustainable trash

Reactions: JAK

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Started off thinking I was cheering for the Oilers so the Canucks pick wouldn’t slide. Then I realized just how much I enjoy the Oilers losing (much less losing in embarrassing fashion).

Go Canucks

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
damn the nucks have shellshocked the oilers in the first regular season game and now the first game of the series.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
They basically have 3 1st lines.
Canucks basically are running two third lines who are a handful. Lindholm has been excellent come playoff time and I would hope the Canucks keep him around. Zadorov however, he's been a very good player. Easily the best defenseman for the Canucks during the playoffs.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Lol statistically?? Only reason is because oilers stopped shotting the puck. Other wise silvos would have had well over .800 on the night. Couple of his goals were tipped in past him. Canucks got 4 passed Skinner while shooting from the fking goalliine
Technically he’s not wrong. .792% is better than .778%

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Like I said before the series started this Canucks’ group is a resilient group that never gives up. They’ve been counted out all season and were counted out again when they lost their Vezina finalist goalie. Almost all the experts predicted an easy Oiler victory.

I predicted a close series likely going 7 games and I’m sticking with it.

The third line has been the best in the league and is the Canucks biggest advantage and they came through again last night with 3 goals. JT Miller was a beast against McDavid. EP showed some life but they need to get him scoring to win this.

Best game of the playoffs so far! Should be an amazing series.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I wouldn't go that far. But they're certainly a deep team and It's surprising so many Oilers fans aren't giving them credit. Top to bottom this Vancouver team can all play in any role. They assembled a good team in Vancouver.
I think if Canucks had gotten Toffoli or some good wingers fot petersson, they would definitely have 3 1st lines imo. Miller, Petersson (when he is awake) and Lindholm is tough to match by most teams in the league including Oilers. Lindholm can very well go agsinst McDavid line and shut him down or play against the 3rd pairing of Oilers and score a ton.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Canucks basically are running two third lines who are a handful. Lindholm has been excellent come playoff time and I would hope the Canucks keep him around. Zadorov however, he's been a very good player. Easily the best defenseman for the Canucks during the playoffs.
2 3rd lines?? Name me the 3rd lines? One is the blueger line, the other? Lindholm line scored 3 and Lindholm is like 70% in faceoffs, that aint 3rd line material. Miller line?? Petersson line?

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
If Oilers are going to try their backup Pickard, do it for game 2 to test him him asap. If he does well, keep using him. If he stinks go with Skinner the rest.
Sadly the Oilers likely would have won last night if Pickard was in net. I am not saying Pickard is better but he seems to make less unforced errors then Skinner. Skinner just regularly makes weak mistakes. Even Skinner won't be that awful every game though.

The crazy highs and lows of the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad