Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Next game is critical. Even if it's only game 2.

Will Edmonton respond positively or lay down like a dog?

Edmonton really does not have an edge in goaltending. And Vancouver matches up well with the Oilers. Vancouver wins in 5 max or Edmonton needs 7 to win. That's how I see this going.

Pressure is all on Edmonton. Vancouver can lose the next four and it's a successful season. Edmonton losing this series means a higher chance Draisaitl is dealt in the offseason. I don't see him extending when his GM has yet to fix the three biggest issues (Ceci, Nurse, and Skinner) on the team. Draisaitl leaving means McDavid is on his way out in the next few years too.

I don't see either of these teams beating Colorado (I think they beat Dallas) next round. I'd be stunned if it happened.

Game 2 will tell all. And it's the series on the line.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Well HD chances were 10-4 so like 40% of our shots were of the high-end quality, oilers had four. Oilers had an expected GF of 0.97 5on5 and scored 3.
I would love to see what they call high danger scoring chances, I think they use the term high danger a bit loosely for that game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
If Demko played this game was 5-1 Canucks.

Skinner is pure shit. I naively thought this spring would be different but the guy cannot stop a puck when it matters. Have you ever seen a pro goalie fall as much as this guy does? I don't know what the scouts saw in him. He is slow as shit, can't battle through screens, plays the puck like its a grenade, can't skate, gets beat laterally, gets beat high. Only thing he has going for him is he's relatively big. He'd be a great starter for the golden bears.

Oilers will be better this series and I wouldn't be surprised if they win it, but they're not going anywhere with that guy in net.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
If Demko played this game was 5-1 Canucks.

Skinner is pure shit. I naively thought this spring would be different but the guy cannot stop a puck when it matters. Have you ever seen a pro goalie fall as much as this guy does? I don't know what the scouts saw in him. He is slow as shit, can't battle through screens, plays the puck like its a grenade, can't skate, gets beat laterally, gets beat high. Only thing he has going for him is he's relatively big. He'd be a great starter for the golden bears.

Oilers will be better this series and I wouldn't be surprised if they win it, but they're not going anywhere with that guy in net.
Yeah, the Oilers will play better I'm sure but even if they beat the Canucks, i agree that I don't think they have any chance of beating Colorado or Dallas with him in net. Pickard probably could have won that game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
The nerve of some Oilers fans implying they lost because of Skinner's play when they themselves had some very weak goals and only managed 15 shots is hilarious.
They did lose because of skinners poor play

If they had won last night, it would have been a game they didn't deserve to win and it would have been on the back of poor goaltending from the Canucks but skinner did blow it for them. You cannot afford to not win games when the opponents goalie gifts them to you like that

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
That's 60% more shots and that was enough to win them the game. They also had more ofz time, more scoring chances, and more high danger scoring chances.

They won because they were the better team.
That is maybe a 2-1 game with decent goaltending. Neither team created many good scoring chances though. I agree the Canucks were better as the game went on. The Oilers sat back too much but still no excuse for the goals Skinner allowed.

Last edited:

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
That is maybe a 2-1 game with decent goaltending. Neither team created many good scoring chances though. I agree the Canucks were better as the game went on. The Oilers sat back too much but still no excuse for the goals Skinner allowed.

2-1 for the Canucks? Ya maybe.

Oilers statistically had the better goaltending and still lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad