Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
So this statement does in fact mean McDavid does dive than?
I googled reputation, and got this:

Your reputation is what others think of you; your character is what you truly are

McDavid's true character was never diving.

A few playoffs ago, the refs didn't call any of the penalties when people interfered with him. People everywhere including myself were once again forced to call out Gary Bettman's - and the NHL's and the refs' - lack of integrity and scumbaggery, and we now see that the penalties against him are called.

Sadly McDavid has to actively work the refs to see that it remains that way, and it cements his reputation as a whiner. But that is not his true character, it is forced on him by Bettman, the NHL, and the refs, whose true character is reprehensible..

Same as that 'nucks team with the dominant power play was forced to work the officials when they also refused to hand out penalties.

So reputation is what people think, and the reputation I have of that 'nucks team and of McDavid is obviously different from what others think.

Once people hear what my thoughts are based on - and what those others have supposedly based their thoughts on - then they have a pretty good idea what reputation matches the true character.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

WhyYouHaveToBeMad

Aug 26, 2018
Uhm. I'm not so sure about that. I could see him stopping any or all of the goals the Oilers scored, particularly the one by Ekholm.

He's a Vezina finalist for a reason.
Lol yah and Hellebach is going to win it and he still gave up like 5 goals a game in the playoffs

Reactions: zar

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Dam a lot of edmonton fans out after a win, where were they after the loss?
Waiting for a win!

I loved all the regular season comparisons coming into this series. I truly hope most sane fans weren’t expecting a 4 game sweep of 8-2 scores. :phew:

If the Nurse/EP hit was Zadorov on McD or Drai, Oilers fans would be screeching bloody f***ing murder lmao.
:nopity:

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
If the Nurse/EP hit was Zadorov on McD or Drai, Oilers fans would be screeching bloody f***ing murder lmao.
Probably. And they'd be wrong. If McDavid starts turning away from hits to draw calls, then the result is on him, and it would be foolish to rely on the reaction of Oiler fans to gauge if it was a good hit or not.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Edmonton took the nuclear option in game 2. 28 and 27 minutes for McDrai. JT Miller played 6 minutes less.

Forwards usually never log that ice time. What was McDrai's ice time in the LA series ?

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyWooot

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Oilers already had to use their break in case of emergency option already in game 2, with McDrai out there all game.

By definition a one line team, albeit with said one line being borderline god tier.

Close series probably going to 7, Canucks will make the adjustments and execute better.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Edmonton took the nuclear option in game 2. 28 and 27 minutes for McDrai. JT Miller played 6 minutes less.

Forwards usually never log that ice time. What was McDrai's ice time in the LA series ?
McDavid 105 minutes, JT Miller 125 minutes.

JT Miller has played more minutes than any Oiler during the playoffs.

Reactions: soothsayer

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I don't even think you can say Edmonton "dominated" game two.

It was even until the third when McDavid scored that break away and the team fell apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad