Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Duodenum

Jul 7, 2008
East Vancouver
Miller needs to move his feet. Got caught standing still all 3rd period and it gave Mcdavid's line a ton of momentum. It also takes Miller's line away from being able to provide offensively. Lindholm should be sharing duty when Mcdavid is going to play 30 minutes, Miller doesn't have the legs for that. Putting Pettersson on his line didn't help and reduced our offense instead, poor coaching here.

Soucy with a weird open ice hit attempt - not the time or place with a 1 goal lead in the 3rd.

Canucks as a whole need to keep their composure, looked more interested in the after whistle stuff than the on ice play.

Cole...just needs to be smarter out there. Either that or give Juulsen a game.

Hoglander and Mikheyev continue to wilt. Don't expect anything from these two going forward.

Go Canucks Go!

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Oilers obviously pushed back harder last night as expected, for the most part I thought the Canucks played pretty well. Even in the third when EDM had the ice tilted the Canucks did pretty well defending the house & not giving up grade A chances.

The tying goal comes off a brain-dead play by Soucy leading to a McD breakaway, not even a shift where the Canucks were pinned, for example. Which is frustrating about the missed 4 min, a potential 2 goal lead prob wins the game. But alas.

If it continues to be a tough game on the stars that should help Vancouver given EDM is a 1 line team & Draisaitl is already hurt. But it can be hard to even get the chances to take runs with how quick they move it around. So we'll see, hopefully we see the Canucks give them some good shots & return the favor.

One area the Canucks really need to clean-up is the clears. Too many chances to move the puck didn't get out, you can't help the Oilers prolong possession with that big line on the ice, they are way too dangerous.

Onto game 3.

Last edited:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Your post is virtual evidence that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Petey didn't even know he was about to be hit. He was unprotected and Kane drove Peteys head down and into the boards.

You saw the video. Your damage control is now fully engaged.
I saw a guy that looks like he never has been hit before

to be fair, he's like a buck 60 soaking wet, but expect a hit man

Reactions: capazzo

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Sure, Jan.

Thanks for the clip! Helps my point.

Like clearly Pettersson realizes he is going to get a puck, behind the opposing net, with an opposing player right there to battle him…..in a playoff game. Does he think he gets a free pass?

Anyway, he chose to go into that sequence like he is a 12 year old learning what body contact is and nearly got hurt because of it.

What is Nurse supposed to do in that situation?

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Thanks for the clip! Helps my point.

Like clearly Pettersson realizes he is going to get a puck, behind the opposing net, with an opposing player right there to battle him…..in a playoff game. Does he think he gets a free pass?

Anyway, he chose to go into that sequence like he is a 12 year old learning what body contact is and nearly got hurt because of it.

What is Nurse supposed to do in that situation?
Not het Petey in the back and drive his head into the boards with his left arm and hand.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Sure, Jan.

Peterson got roughed pretty badly all night, sometimes outside was allowed by the rules of the games but he really not that strong of a guy and get flip-flop-ed around pretty easily.

He know a puck battle comming and he planting his feet all wrong and 4 feets away from the boards. While it doesn't make boarding right or wrong you pretty much learn early to avoid being this vulnerable. You need the board to protect yourself. Look at his left leg, he stays in this position 1 more second with his weight on it and boom, there critical damage. He fall easily because he had his own body locked in a terrible position and readjusted to avoid the injury.

Kudos to him thoo, he took the beating with class.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
You mean like the Oiler fans that were complaining after game 1?

This just in, team who loses where refs were ass feel unjustly screwed.
Give us all a break. Canuck fans and their coach have been going non-stop since before the series even started.
not sure who flops more...EP, Hughes or Zadorov
absolutely embarrassing
Between EP and Hughes for sure.

Reactions: Kerberos

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Some Canucks fans constantly degrading Silovs is kinda interesting. I don't think it's right and fair to him tbh, and he was a major reason as to why the game even went to OT.

Anyhow, I still favor the Canucks in 6. I think they have better depth and unless McDavid/Draisaitl put on an epic show playing almost 30 mins a game, it is not sustainable.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Some Canucks fans constantly degrading Silovs is kinda interesting. I don't think it's right and fair to him tbh, and he was a major reason as to why the game even went to OT.

Anyhow, I still favor the Canucks in 6. I think they have better depth and unless McDavid/Draisaitl put on an epic show playing almost 30 mins a game, it is not sustainable.
Say what?

Who is degrading Silovs? Haven’t seen anyone in this thread doing that… unless you’re talking about Canuck fans calling him our AHL goalie.. which is just factual.

He had a bad game 1, he’s been pretty good to great in every other playoff game he’s played.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Hes 5'9" like Hughes and would pretend that he would want to fight 6'4" Knob showing Hughes how he's supposed to at least put on a show of force.
Oh okay that makes a pant leg full of sense….does a roadmap come with that stretch?…here I was thinking an Oiler fan had no clue who the Jack Adams nominated coach of the Canucks was…

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I think the reffing has been mostly bad/even both ways thru 2 games, they are letting them play.

Nurse buried Petey & Myers buried Janmark. That's a wash to me. Missed highstick on Hyman, missed trip on Hughes. Missed too many men both ways. Its been pretty much even imo.

The only legit gripe is the missed McD high-stick, that's a massive swing at that point in the game esp with 97 the one off for 4 mins. But it is what it is.

Soucy+Cole's mistakes cost them the game more-so than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad