Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Are Canucks fans going to start a thread for every missed call? or 50/50 call? Come on guys, act like you've been in the play offs before. NHL reffing sucks. No one is out to get you.

Refs do screw up. They do not screw up on this level too often, not in terms of how blatant the infraction was, not in terms of the 4 min penalty could have on the game. It's a worthwhile topic, and a very valid beef on the Nucks fans side.

The conspiracy theories are stupid, but I do not see much of that, so really do not think there is a need to focus on that aspect.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Oiler fans knew their team played like shit game 1 and not many blamed the refs in any capacity. That glove pass definitively had an impact on the game. But better team won game 1.

Game 2 better teams wins again and Canucks fans are having temper tantrums over the reffing?

And man kind of hilarious Tocchet whined publicly about diving, when the Canuck players have been diving like crazy
Tocchet also said he doesn't want the series decided on the power play now it appears he's begging refs to call more.

Brilliant strategy give both teams lots of power plays. I mean I haven't heard is Edmonton's any good?

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Refs do screw up. They do not screw up on this level too often, not in terms of how blatant the infraction was, not in terms of the 4 min penalty could have on the game. It's a worthwhile topic, and a very valid beef on the Nucks fans side.

The conspiracy theories are stupid, but I do not see much of that, so really do not think there is a need to focus on that aspect.
Vancouver fans are acting like the refs only missed calls for them. Janmark had his head driven into the boards by Myers, Myers had Hyman in a headlock behind the net for like 40 seconds, McDavid was acting like a jet ski for some Canucks all night as they water skied off his back. Canucks had Too many on the ice before a goal was scored, Hyman was high sticked in a scrum. Thats just off the top of my head.

A missed call is a missed call. The degree doesn't matter.

The refs absolutely need to better. It's even worse you look at what was called vs what wasn't. It was an obstacle both teams had to overcome.

I don't even know what a spreadsheet is. Seriously. I've heard of them but you could show me a picture of one and I wouldn't know what to call it. I've actually sweated and worked for a living. I'm fairly confident you've sweated your balls off too - while sitting in an office chair and analyzing them.
what even kind of comeback is that?

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton

The Canucks also scored right after an obvious too many men penalty and the refs missed a high stick on Hyman as well.

They also got a PP off a ridiculous holding call on Nugent-Hopkins.

I can't stand the way the rules change in the playoffs, but it's not like last night's game was especially egregious.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Tocchet also said he doesn't want the series decided on the power play now it appears he's begging refs to call more.

Brilliant strategy give both teams lots of power plays. I mean I haven't heard is Edmonton's any good?
Yup bold strategy cotton. Refs should call everything and call every flop.

Definitely will work out for the Canucks

gianni

Apr 8, 2014

Agreed. Canucks fans are only pissed off about the dirty/dangerous missed calls. Ppl comparing a hand pass, or too many men on the ice missed call to a slew foot, boarding, or double-minor high stick are dumb.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013

When did he beg refs to call more? The guy never complains about the refs after they make terrible calls.

All he said was he didn’t like the slewfoots

Reactions: Nuck Bonino

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Vancouver fans are acting like the refs only missed calls for them. Janmark had his head driven into the boards by Myers, Myers had Hyman in a headlock behind the net for like 40 seconds, McDavid was acting like a jet ski for some Canucks all night as they water skied off his back. Canucks had Too many on the ice before a goal was scored, Hyman was high sticked in a scrum. Thats just off the top of my head.

A missed call is a missed call. The degree doesn't matter.

The refs absolutely need to better. It's even worse you look at what was called vs what wasn't. It was an obstacle both teams had to overcome.

what even kind of comeback is that?
It's a comeback to a lame-ass comeback to me about storing shit in a spreadsheet.

Try and keep up. You can see how the conversation started by clicking on the little arrows above the quotes.

Reactions: Nuck Bonino

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
The Canucks also scored right after an obvious too many men penalty and the refs missed a high stick on Hyman as well.

They also got a PP off a ridiculous holding call on Nugent-Hopkins.

I can't stand the way the rules change in the playoffs, but it's not like last night's game was especially egregious.
Questionable too many men for sure, didn’t touch the puck but likely was too far into the play by time the other D got off. That one is sometimes called…

Oilers also touched up on a delayed penalty with 6 skaters on the ice, with the player that jumped early getting the puck. Who he was replacing was still on the ice. It didn’t lead directly to a goal, so a lot less discussion about it.

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Hughes and Pettersson trying to take hits is hilarious.

Step 1: turn your back to incoming player
Step 2: tuck your head into your chest
Step 3: don’t brace for the hit, crumple into a heap.
Step 4: act like it’s the opposing players fault for taking a hit like it’s first year pee wee.

Rinse repeat.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
i hate it when people complain about the refs. i havnt said too much about reffing all year or at all during the Preds series, but that was the worst officated game ive ever seen
hoglander got speared in the balls, petey driven headfirst in the boards, hughes cut in the face with a highstick, hughes was then slewfooted
these things happen and its time to move on.
Canucks fans knew Sutherland was going to ruin the game, everyone called it.
Whatever, Vancouver will go on to Game 3 and will be able to be more physical knowing the game will be called fair. i like their chances.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
i hate it when people complain about the refs. i havnt said too much about reffing all year or at all during the Preds series, but that was the worst officated game ive ever seen
hoglander got speared in the balls, petey driven headfirst in the boards, hughes cut in the face with a highstick, hughes was then slewfooted
Whatever, Vancouver will go on to Game 3 and will be able to be more physical knowing the game will be called fair. i like their chances.
I was with you until the last paragraph.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Maybe watch more games.
It's pissed off fans everywhere.. BOS vs FLA series has been worse, round 1 plenty of games had worse officiating than what selective instances you mentioned in your post.
If you think officiating will he "good' in Edmonton then your are in for a surprise.

Fully expect that GDT to be a whinefest especially from the fanbase on the losing end.. this isn't new ..

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Your post is virtual evidence that you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Petey didn't even know he was about to be hit. He was unprotected and Kane drove Peteys head down and into the boards.

You saw the video. Your damage control is now fully engaged.
Kane or Nurse?
EP standing next to the puck behind Oulers net didn't expect a bump? What sport does he play again?

Reactions: The Nuge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad