GDT: WCSF Game 7: vs Canucks | 6PM (or hour after early game) | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS | series tied 3-3

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
<cliché mode=on>

Time for team to put their collective foot on the foe and win.

Guys need to ramp up their offense. One goal against Demko.

Does Vancouver have the momentum?

<clicné mode=off>

Will Fleury start?

Is Demko too tired to play? Did he have injury he's playing through?

Reactions: hangman005

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It is stupid that the Knights allowed this to happen again.

If they don't win, i am personally going to Edmonton myself and backhand slap every single player on the team.

Deboer will get 2 slaps to the face.

This will be me:

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
gif-nervios-3.gif

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
As a Ducks fan I feel like I have pretty good insight into what a choker looks like. Before last night I wouldn't have given the Knights that label, but a few things really stood out that were straight out of the chokers guidebook. Starting the game tentatively like the Knights did and abandoning any and all structure like they did after Vancouver scored the 2nd goal. Oh and the fact that every single shot was high and wide or in Demko's chest.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
As a Ducks fan I feel like I have pretty good insight into what a choker looks like. Before last night I wouldn't have given the Knights that label, but a few things really stood out that were straight out of the chokers guidebook. Starting the game tentatively like the Knights did and abandoning any and all structure like they did after Vancouver scored the 2nd goal. Oh and the fact that every single shot was high and wide or in Demko's chest.

If they lose tonight, changes need to be made in the offseason.

Choking 2 years in a row is unacceptable.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If they lose tonight, changes need to be made in the offseason.

Choking 2 years in a row is unacceptable.

Yeah you'd think 2 years in a row would equal some major changes, but I watched the Ducks blow 3-2 series leads 4 years in a row. All the while they stuck with the same core and magically expected something to change. Lots of GM's are afraid to move core players because then there is more blame on them if things go wrong. Then there's the built in excuses of the bubble and the goalie controversy.

Chris5225

Dec 29, 2019

I disagree with the choker label. Sometimes this is a game of inches and that's what happened last night. There were a number of chances that needed just an inch or two to be a goal and would have changed the entire game. Vegas became desperate when they were down by a couple in the third, however all teams typically do, especially in the playoffs. They'll pull through tonight, Vancouver won't be able to sustain their run of getting outshot and outplayed but not outscored. Knights are a deep and experienced team. They will win 4-1 tonight and after their first goal the outcome will never be in doubt. The narrative will be something like "Knights vanish their game 7 demon" but really it's nothing more than a better team coming out on top. Then they'll lose in 5 to the Avs.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I disagree with the choker label. Sometimes this is a game of inches and that's what happened last night. There were a number of chances that needed just an inch or two to be a goal and would have changed the entire game. Vegas became desperate when they were down by a couple in the third, however all teams typically do, especially in the playoffs. They'll pull through tonight, Vancouver won't be able to sustain their run of getting outshot and outplayed but not outscored. Knights are a deep and experienced team. They will win 4-1 tonight and after their first goal the outcome will never be in doubt. The narrative will be something like "Knights vanish their game 7 demon" but really it's nothing more than a better team coming out on top. Then they'll lose in 5 to the Avs.

Maybe they are not full on chokers like some teams are, but the choking label is really starting to appear with this team.

2nd year in a row where this bullshit happened.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I felt worse going into game 7 at San Jose. Our team got dominated in game 5 at San Jose and I didn’t feel good about a game 7 on the road.

This won’t be a road game. But of course I don’t feel good about this one either. We only led once in the last 2 games and didn’t waste any time in giving away that lead.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
The Canucks could have easily made it 2-0 earlier in the game. I thought Lehner played pretty well in much of the game. Vancouver can actually shoot and can screen the goalie. We just miss the net or shoot it into his chest.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If they lose, i suggest that when they return to Vegas, we all go and throw pies in their faces when they land.

Like this:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada

growing up as a Sharks fan...

fetchimage

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
What's worrying is Lehner played well. They had about five breakaways or two on ones and scored on none of them. The third goal may have been softer but that was with ten minutes left and didn't matter they had given up. The game was within reach for fifty minutes and they couldn't even manage a goal.

Have our forwards even gotten a point in two plus games? Theodore did it on his own and then they were shutout.

Reactions: Vegas07

Haguerbomb

HOCKEY BELONGS IN THE DESERT
Oct 5, 2019
Everyone except Lehner looks like they have a case of the yips/mental block, like they're worried about blowing a 3-1 lead and they are.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I swear to god if the Knights lose tonight I’m
drinking myself into a coma.

You probably should start preparing for it to happen.

I have already accepted that the Knights will probably lose this game.

The last 2 games is just making it harder for me to see this team pulling out a victory.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I sense a little frustration but no choking. Here's the thing, Demko is going to blow up literally at some point. Doesn't have to be tonight, but its coming. Knights just need to focus on how to be a little less orthodox. They are playing too straight up, have a shot, try to beat the goalie. When he's stopping everything, why not try another pass? Why not try to shoot for a deflection? Even just throw a soft pass right in front of him and see if you can get a bounce or a dirty goal past him. Once you get one or two, you'll get a lot more. But you have to stop bombing away just shooting clear shots he can see, because while sometimes you make one that no one can stop, more often than not you just build up his confidence as he makes another save. This is the thing that always annoys me about Marchy and Carrier, they take such low percentage shots just because that's what they think they should do, but what the team needs is an unexpected last pass like what got Wild Bill all his goals in year one. Fake the shot, make a pass and someone might have an open net to shoot at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad