GDT: WCSF Game 6: Golden Knights @ Canucks | 6:45PM | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS | VGK Leads series 3-2

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Doesn't matter who's in net. If they lose the series it's going to be annoying to hear nothing, but "should have started Fleury more" from the part of the fanbase that doesn't realize you can't win if you don't score.

Maybe those people think Fleury should play forward.

But yes Lehner and Fleury are the last people I would blame. I’m just hoping for 1 goal at this point. Maybe we could actually try scoring on a power play.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Not saying to make it dirty but in these last 7 minutes you have to make contact with Demko as much as possible, penalties be damned. Make sure he's worn out tomorrow.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Deboer is an awful coach, was in the last 2 years of SJ, and still is now. Spott also needs to never sniff a rink again, the dude is the worst PP coach in the league.
How do you have 5 PPs in a game, generating absolutely nothing, and not try and change anything up for the PP, maybe move stone off his offside, maybe get some cycles running down low. Coaching is going to be the downfall of Vegas if they lose this series.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Bunch of BS....dominate the game, own puck possession, overload with offensive pressure - and the Canucks get a couple lucky goals and hold on by their fingernails.

VGK will be ready tomorrow.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Bunch of BS....dominate the game, own puck possession, overload with offensive pressure - and the Canucks get a couple lucky goals and hold on by their fingernails.

You just can't afford to play from behind. Lot easier for a team to play with confidence when they have a lead. That means showing up for the start of the game ready to go. The Knights didn't tonight got behind early and then started gripping their sticks tight, playing scared hockey trying to chase the game.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Guys on NHL Network say to go with Lehner tomorrow. Said you go with your #1 guy that you clearly decided is your #1 guy.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Dominating really doesn't matter if you can't score.

So, get rid of Marchy+Stastny in the off-season? And I really don't care about bringing back Lehner anymore.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Guys on NHL Network say to go with Lehner tomorrow. Said you go with your #1 guy that you clearly decided is your #1 guy.

I've backed PDB's goalie choices the whole way, but the only choice tomorrow for me is Fleury. Lehner was not his best tonight and his stats in B2B's are historically pretty bad.

Reactions: Vegas07

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Lehner didn't lose either game for them, and the offense is going to have to win it so I don't think it matters as far as the outcome.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012

So, get rid of Marchy+Stastny in the off-season? And I really don't care about bringing back Lehner anymore.

Yeah the way this series has looked I don't think I'd mind Marchie being gone if they can get a decent return. He has his head up ass about something because he's not playing good OR smart hockey.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I don't think Demko played amazing. he was solid. He did what you'd expect a solid starting goalie to do.
It's not like Vegas had a ton of Grade A chances.
Watch the saves Markstrom did against St. Louis. Those were saves that a top 5 goalie in the league makes.
I think if Vegas makes prettier plays and not just blast it from the perimeter they'll score.
Even their slot shots, always to Demko's chest. He's not standing on his head like Markstrom can do.
Vegas needs tic-tac-toe plays and good shots that go to corners or 5hole.

Reactions: Nighthock

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Stastny, Marchessault, McNabb, probably Fleury.

There's FA goalies and Pietrangelo available.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
I would think about sitting Reaves for Nosek and run Carrier-Nosek-Cousins. Reaves has been absolutely useless this series. Bullying the Nucks was all well and good at the start, but I don't think that's the recipe for success in G7.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This team can suck s big fat one. Sorry, but blowing a 3-1 series lead 2 f***ing years in a row is just unacceptable. They haven't learned jack shit.

I don't expect a win tomorrow.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I highly doubt the forwards will be this ass three games in a row. I expect them to score four goals and barely get the win. Series can change game to game.

mrjiggyfly

Jun 1, 2011
Las Vegas, NV

I think they're right. Given the way DeBoer has handled things, Fleury probably not in the frame of mind to play his best. DeBoer bet on Lehner(Lehner's been fine in my opinion). I think he stays with Lehner and hopes and prays that he's right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->