GDT: WCSF Game #6 ★ Colorado Avalanche vs Dallas Stars, 7:00 PM CT ★ NBCSN, SN, CBC ★ Stars lead 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Oh also looks like the Avs could get Calvert back for game 7. He's skating again

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Christ, the story gets even dumber. Bishop is already ruled out for game seven. There's no way he should have played in game five.

As you'll see below, Bowness was determined not to start Dobby in game five. Well, play the kid then. Bishop trying to show toughness to play when he clearly shouldn't would be admirable if it wasn't for how badly it f***ed this team.

Reactions: LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There was zero justification to play a hurt Bishop in Game 5 . If they wanted to keep Dobby fresh he shoouldn't be been the backup either. This game was just terrible especially the "first" line . Did absolutely nothing. The PK was good and Heiskanen other than that the team was terrible.

Don't seem them winning game 7 playing like this.

Avs won two games with Michael Hutchinson in net now .

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Christ, the story gets even dumber. Bishop is already ruled out for game seven. There's no way he should have played in game five.

As you'll see below, Bowness was determined not to start Dobby in game five. Well, play the kid then. Bishop trying to show toughness to play when he clearly shouldn't would be admirable if it wasn't for how badly it f***ed this team.

He gave up some juicy rebounds but none of the goals against were Bishop's fault. The 5th goal was Khudobin's fault and he let in several soft ones this series. There is no way he would have won them game 5 and I don't think he'll be good enough to win game 7. Should have played Oettinger earlier if they knew that Bishop won't be back in time.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It sure looks like Bishop shitting the bed is what deflated this team and shook them to their core.

Shots were 4-23 the first period and scoring chances probably even more loopsided. To blame Bishop for this loss would be really stupid. The only soft goal was let in by Khudobin btw.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
To be honest if Bishop is already ruled out its a positive.

Its all on Khudobin. Its his net. Its his game. Thats all he has to think about, doesnt have to think about if hes playing. Hes better than Hutchinson. He needs his best.

Then, its on to the skaters. Lift your f***ing game. Watch game 7 vs st Louis last year if needed. Show everyone yoh want it. Fire the f*** up.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
To be honest if Bishop is already ruled out its a positive.

Its all on Khudobin. Its his net. Its his game. Thats all he has to think about, doesnt have to think about if hes playing. Hes better than Hutchinson. He needs his best.

Then, its on to the skaters. Lift your f***ing game. Watch game 7 vs st Louis last year if needed. Show everyone yoh want it. Fire the f*** up.

Khudobin has been bad. He needs rest and the Avs solved him. I wouldn't trust the skaters to win this so I'd consider putting Oettinger in. Just a shame they haven't played him earlier. But unless the skaters can raise their lvl considerably, Khudobin probably won't do. He'll let in 3 or 4 guaranteed.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I've got little confidence we win on Friday. Probably won't even watch it, I have better things to do than just frustrate myself for another 3+ hours.

Even if we do, f*** even if we win the Cup, it's clear that changes need to be made.

And hire Bishop a f***ing sports psychologist already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad