GDT: WCSF Game #4 ★ Dallas Stars vs Colorado Avalanche, 5:00 PM CT ★ NBCSN, SN ★ Stars lead 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Polak might even randomly have a goal or two if he played. Even in the old system Polak would randomly show up activating from the point getting grade A chances at least once a game.

Reactions: FeedDaPuck

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Bishop better be 100% if he's starting.I feel like every time he tries to come back before he's ready he just ends up back on the shelf the following day. I hope it doesn't kill the teams mojo right now but man a 100% Bishop and his puck handling would be so nice.

Dobby is a favorite of mine but the workload might be a bit much for him and it's showing at times.
So we win, and he gets a few days rest.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Go with him until he struggles a bit.

Was hoping they would go up by more, and let Otter play a period to rest Dobby.

They are not throwing Otter into an important playoffs game unless they have no choice. This is one of those make or break things you really don't want to risk with a young goalie. Maybe he goes full Roy but thats just unlikely. No idea about the kids mental makeup.

Reactions: LT

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Probably among the best periods of hockey played by this team almost ever in the 1st. Certainly their best most complete period of the season IMO. I couldn't even watch the start of the 3rd. Came out and looked at the score and was happily surprised at a 5-2 lead. No lead feels safe though. Dobby has been good not miraculous though, but I still give him the crease before Bishop at this point, but whatever it's not like the team can't win with Bishop either, it's a good problem to have.

Reactions: LT and FeedDaPuck

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Khudobin’s .911 save percentage is worse than all of the remaining starters. His 2.86 GAA is also bad. Only Halak and Franzous have worse numbers, and those guys are also backups. Khudobin has played better than any other team’s backup. The Stars are nice to call him their 1B, but there is a drop off.

I hope Bishop is getting better. The Stars are going to need him.

Reactions: LT and DieselPig

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
Khudobin’s .911 save percentage is worse than all of the remaining starters. His 2.86 GAA is also bad. Only Halak and Franzous have worse numbers, and those guys are also backups. Khudobin has played better than any other team’s backup. The Stars are nice to call him their 1B, but there is a drop off.

I hope Bishop is getting better. The Stars are going to need him.

Hopefully he's working on his non-existent lateral movement.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I still can’t believe some people are so enamored with the way Doby has played. He has been fine but has not come close to stealing a game. People on Facebook act like he is standing on his head.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Dobby's been doing what's needed and not much else. I think he's somewhat clearly a bit overworked (has he ever played so many games in a stretch in his career?), and Colorado seems to be figuring him out a bit as well.

He's gotten us this far, though. But he also doesn't have to play particularly well when we're averaging over 4 goals a game.

Reactions: JesusNPucks

kms10g

Feb 17, 2015
Orlando, FL
Doby hasn’t played well this series, IMO.

if we want to make a big run, it isn’t stainable to score 4+ goals a game.

With that said- our depth has been the factor here. Love how 2 and 12 have played this post-season

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
OMG!, just watched it.

The FCC line was 1st Star, Perry drew 4 penalties, Benn scores again, team scored 5 goals, again, etc. Is Bowness actually a clone/mix of Ruff and Montgomery? I don’t know if I’ve held my breath as long as I did at times in 2nd and 3rd.

Go Stars!

Reactions: Magic Mittens

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I suspect that our activation of the D has led to a bit less defensive structure and a reduction in stats, i.e., a slight GAA rise, which isn't all Dobby's fault. Besides, he had a rebound goal, 2 tipped flutter pucks, and a 5 on 3 against from close in. Not terrible. 3 of 4 nice breaks for the Avs, which happen, sometimes in clumps. Besides the Avs are a top scoring team, so you would expect a 2.5 GAA to rise somewhat against them.

Of course, TB, PHI won't be any less prone to score IF they face them in the finals, and VGS and VAN were only slightly behind Avs in regular season goals.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Don't think we can over look Oleksiak filling in so well on second pair. Now, one of Nill's best trades.

Seeing him at least for now being the player I thought he'd be even after the last few years is pretty satisfying. To me he just had to get over the mental part of getting comfortable and not overthinking it and just playing the game.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Dobby's been doing what's needed and not much else. I think he's somewhat clearly a bit overworked (has he ever played so many games in a stretch in his career?), and Colorado seems to be figuring him out a bit as well.

He's gotten us this far, though. But he also doesn't have to play particularly well when we're averaging over 4 goals a game.
I wonder if it will end up being a type of MAF/Murray situation for the Stars. IF they win this round, then perhaps Bishop can pick up in round 3, where the Stars' and Dobby's weaknesses can (and likely will) be exposed by a more talented, deep, and experienced Vegas team.

But, yeah, well said: "Dobby's been doing what's needed and not much else." And due credit to him for it.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Seeing him at least for now being the player I thought he'd be even after the last few years is pretty satisfying. To me he just had to get over the mental part of getting comfortable and not overthinking it and just playing the Stars.

GMJoe I first round choices looking better. 3 of 4 in NHL, 2 helping Stars in playoffs now.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
No one can reasonably want Polak back, can they? Especially not against fast teams. Jamie O gives us physicality and some skating.

He's an upgrade on Fedun, as he can at least PK.

Fedun somehow isn't causing as much mayhem as he was before but he's still making way too many mistakes.

But no, Polak is not ideal. I certainly don't want him back next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad