GDT: [WCSF GAME 3] | Edmonton Oilers vs Anaheim Ducks | 4.30.17 | 5:00PM | SN | 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017
Just cannot get that Talbot **** up out of my head.

Oilers have insane momentum and a goal from MVP and he just pulls a Dubynk.
I absolutely love Talbot but that triggered me hard.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Seriously? Everyone of our D-men have had this conditioned in their brains to do this all year long. It's nothing new. Where were the fwds to support the breakout better? This is rinse and repeat the same terrible breakout strategy we've been doing all year long. We've just been luck enough to outscore our problems. Not in the playoffs

Not in the playoffs? They are 6-3 against two of the best teams in the league. what are you going on about?
Their breakouts have been an issue all year but you don't finish with 103 points and win a round in the playoffs by being lucky.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Even a junior leaguer knows not to slap it up when you have nobody along the wall. What was Nurse trying to do? Ice the puck?

Whatever it was..it must have worked in past... Getz knew this play and countered it. Outcoached tonight for sure

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Wrap it around to a stationary winger who will chip it or one touch it to the middle. This is our year long breakout strategy folks, without any adjustments. Coaching staff needs to wake the **** up and help this squad adapt. I'm not sure if it's arrogance, or maybe TMcL is not that great of a coach. We've won more games due to resiliency (which, yeah, could be coaching) than actual strategic coaching all year long.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
What an infuriating game. Oilers couldn't handle the energy of their own fans. As classy as singing a visiting teams national anthem, lets not make that a thing. It caused weird energy the entire night.

Edit: (Hit 1000 posts and didn't realize it, at least that's a postive for this night)

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Whatever it was..it must have worked in past... Getz knew this play and countered it. Outcoached tonight for sure

Maybe or maybe Nurse had a severe braincramp.

You don't see defensemen slap it up the boards, how is the forward supposed to receive a pass like that?

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Just cannot get that Talbot **** up out of my head.

Oilers have insane momentum and a goal from MVP and he just pulls a Dubynk.
I absolutely love Talbot but that triggered me hard.

Talbot has a solid track record of bouncing back strong after having a rough game. Game 4 he'll be a rock.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Wrap it around to a stationary winger who will chip it or one touch it to the middle. This is our year long breakout strategy folks, without any adjustments. Coaching staff needs to wake the **** up and help this squad adapt. I'm not sure if it's arrogance, or maybe TMcL is not that great of a coach. We've won more games due to resiliency (which, yeah, could be coaching) than actual strategic coaching all year long.

Usually you don't fix anything if it isn't broken. I missed the 2nd period last game but I don't recall a time where the Ducks have countered this play yet, nor the Sharks. So how can you blame the coach for being "out-coached" when it's the first instance it has happened?

vsove

Apr 13, 2017
Edmonton, AB
Horrible start. Great second, right up until the softie, and a third that wasn't all that bad, except we made a pair of dumb mistakes at the worst possible times and the Ducks capitalized.

Keep that second period energy in mind and use it in Game 4. I had a bad feeling about tonight.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Maybe or maybe Nurse had a severe braincramp.

You don't see defensemen slap it up the boards, how is the forward supposed to receive a pass like that?

You aren't, it is a set play where the the Oilers coming off a change tip it at the red line and they can forecheck with speed.

How have you not seen this play happen tons of times this year, with success?

Like I said, Nurse did it at the absolute worst time, but it's not a terrible play.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
45 years of watching hockey.
Screaming like an idiot to the TV since 1979 when the Oil joined. I have to honestly admit this now -

I GUESS I HAVE NO F ING IDEA AFTER ALL THIS TIME WHAT OFFSIDE IS.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
That's false, Adam Larsson has been doing it all season long. Have you been watching the games?

Lots of Oilers D do. It's a set play the coaches continue to use even though it never actually works. It usually results in an icing.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
I go back to the first round where kassian said he was told by the coaching staff to calm his physical game down, literally right after he stole the Sharks' soul and we only allowed 16 shots against. This is the coaching staff that has told us to not play as physical and we haven't had a game like that since.

Again, outcoached by a coaching staff that needs to get their heads out of their *****.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Still winning the series and stole home ice away. Not Talbot's finest and defensive zone coverage was pretty putrid by both sides. Ducks just buried their freebies.

Zero reason to panic. We're still in the drivers seat.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
45 years of watching hockey.
Screaming like an idiot to the TV since 1979 when the Oil joined. I have to honestly admit this now -

I GUESS I HAVE NO F ING IDEA AFTER ALL THIS TIME WHAT OFFSIDE IS.

I fully expected it to count. That was inconclusive. It's the same situation we had way back when Mcdavid scored on Quick and it looked to be over the line. Angles can be deceiving. Not saying I believe it was offside or not, but you can't expect the linesman to overturn that. Their blue line camera was completely blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->