2smXw.png

2smXx.png

2soMj.png

2smXz.png

2smXA.png

Last edited:

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
*Kevin Bieksa was hurt in Wednesday's game when he collided with teammate Jakob Silfverberg. He played seven minutes over the first two periods but couldn't come out for the third. His last shift was one where Slepyshev drove to the net and sent Gibson cartwheeling into his cage eight and a half minutes into the second period.
*You can expect Korbinian Holzer to take his spot on the back-end for Game 2, although Vatanen is close.
*The Ducks have given up eight power-play goals in 21 attempts in their five playoff games, and as long as they continue a parade to the penalty box, they're playing with fire.
*The Preds are now the only team that hasn't lost in the playoffs, 5-0, after the Oilers beat the Ducks in Game 1.
*The Ducks had a run of 18 games (15-0-3) without a regulation loss, going back to March 12 when they brought back the 2006 Cup team to Anaheim. The streak started with a 5-2 win over Washington. One of those overtime losses had also been to the Oilers on April 1 on a Draisaitl goal.
*The Ducks won 57 percent of their draws against the Oilers, but it didn't matter. Draisaitl was the best Oilers player, going 6-1. Desharnais had the most trouble at 3-8.
*Cam Fowler played 26 and a half minutes on the Ducks' blue line in his first game in 3 and a half weeks since spraining his right knee.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
At this point i think i would consider putting Hendricks into the lineup for faceoff help. Hendricks was 56.9% this year and would probably add more value than a Desharnais if he's going to go 30% against the ducks.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
At this point i think i would consider putting Hendricks into the lineup for faceoff help. Hendricks was 56.9% this year and would probably add more value than a Desharnais if he's going to go 30% against the ducks.

I would not consider that. We have been winning despite low faceoffs because winning faceoffs has very little statistical effect on if a team will win more games. Sure, it doesn't hurt to win more faceoffs, but I would never put in a worse player just to improve that.

I take a marginally better player over a better faceoff guy 10 times out of 10.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I would not consider that. We have been winning despite low faceoffs because winning faceoffs has very little statistical effect on if a team will win more games. Sure, it doesn't hurt to win more faceoffs, but I would never put in a worse player just to improve that.

I take a marginally better player over a better faceoff guy 10 times out of 10.

Is Desharnais better than Hendricks in a 4th line checking role?

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Well I thought we would come home down 0-2, now im thinkinng we can come home 2-0 ol

I fully expect the split though.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
This will be a tough one, Ducks will come out hard. Weather the storm in the first period and we'll give ourselves a shot.

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004

I love Hendricks but he's just too slow at this point to add anything beyond faceoffs.

I'm actually glad the Oilers coaching staff have decided to run the best lineup & keep Slepyshev in the playoffs instead of going for more "toughness" with Hendy.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I'd say so personally. We all love Hendricks, but age has taken lots of his game this season. Apart from faceoffs and locker room presence, he's pretty much a complete liability out there.

I don't disagree. However, i think the physicality will be ramped way up tonight so I don't hate the idea of a gritty Hendricks pushing the Ducks around rather than a soft Desharnais playing 10 minutes a game.

Also, I don't find the Ducks overly fast so i don't think he would be quite the liability out there as he would have been against a team like the Sharks.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I don't disagree. However, i think the physicality will be ramped way up tonight so I don't hate the idea of a gritty Hendricks pushing the Ducks around rather than a soft Desharnais playing 10 minutes a game.

Also, I don't find the Ducks overly fast so i don't think he would be quite the liability out there as he would have been against a team like the Sharks.

Fair enough. I still think we'd likely be better off with Desjarnais in there as I think our team has enough toughness already, but I'll respect that viewpoint enough that I won't push the issue further.

dsi

Sep 13, 2005
Ottawa
Ducks are definitely going to come out stronger than last game so I have a bad feeling about this one. Meh... a split is good. Oilers lose 4-2 though Talbot stands on his head. McDavid with a goal.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Is Desharnais better than Hendricks in a 4th line checking role?

The entire Oilers line up is checking, so there's no need for a checking line. DD is fine where he is. Hendricks is prone to taking stupid penalties when he's tired. We can't afford to have him in the line up just because of face offs

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Good work Davo. Your GDTs are well laid out, easy to read and look good in general. :handclap:

As the old saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

This lineup has won 3 games in a row. No reason to change it.

There's your best case for keeping Desharnais in over Hendricks.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Found a great video of a ducks practice today, so it will act as the GDTune!

Apparently these guys really mean business now, we better be careful. :amazed:

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
DD is generally invisible

Hendricks is generally visible for the wrong reasons.

I appreciate what Hendo has done for the Oilers but the guy is a liability on the ice at this point. I would be putting both Pakarinen and Khaira(and I'm a fan of neither of these guys) into the lineup before I would be considering him.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
LOL...not the classiest display but it made me laugh. Then again, this also the fanbase that booed our anthem in 2006.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
The entire Oilers line up is checking, so there's no need for a checking line. DD is fine where he is. Hendricks is prone to taking stupid penalties when he's tired. We can't afford to have him in the line up just because of face offs

Desharnais is limited, but he might be the most skilled 4th line in the league. Like how many grinders can make plays he did in that game against SJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->