GDT: WCSF Game 2: Blues vs. Stars | 2pm CT (NBC) | Fair and Balanced Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Bit worrisome that we looked slow. Lack of speed, late för forecheck, late för hits, late in position Wise. That is bad receptive for win.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Ö
hes really not the same player he was 2-3 years ago which is a shame.

i think his minutes would be better off put to use 5on5 and pk, his stupid plays 4on4 and on PP pretty much were a dagger for this game

Problem is Pietro plays transition game same way at powerplay like 5on5.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
As crazy as this hockey year has been I shouldn’t be surprised at the lack of intensity in today’s game but it felt like the 8th game of the regular season and not the playoffs. Game 1 wasn’t intense either. I see players not finishing checks practically every shift and that seems weird too. This is the playoffs for f*** sake. This isn’t golf or f***ing bowling.

It’s bizarre to me you don’t see a sense of urgency that I see when watching other series.

Watching the Boston game now and it’s night and day different. Maybe the Blues are trying to lull the opposition to sleep. It seemed to work in the Winnipeg series. Winnipeg became a lot less physical as the games ticked along.

Last edited:

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
Really? We suck? You are not very knowledgeable about Hockey are You? Neither of these teams "suck" .In fact, the winner of this series will probably win the Cup.
You don't suck, but you aren't near the Jets in possession, skill, speed. I dont feel the same sense of despair when Dallas enters the zone vs losing my shit against the Jets

Dallas doesnt push the issue often and they collapse around the goalie. It works when the Blues are off their cycle, but can get you eaten alive. Conversely, Dallas utilizes offensive d to cycle, but defensively they rely on being a unit. They also rely on a lot of stick work to hinder opposing fwds skill. Bishop made it happen today, but if the refs call what they should and you rack up 5 penalties that leave you shorthanded l, every game? I wouldn't bank on Stl going 0 for 5 every game.

Last edited:

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
If we just would have been harder on the puck on a few a plays. That's the intensity we need every shift.

First goal Maroon turns the puck over, Binnington makes a great save on a tip by Zuccarello. Edmundson falls down behind the net chasing Zuc. Slick pass to Hintz, goal. Eddie slow to react.

Pietrangelo misfires 4 on 4 (shocking). Gunnar gets walked by Hintz. And Thomas not backchecking hard enough on the Heiskanen goal

Schenn absolutely careless with the puck 4 on 4, play goes the other way. Schenn could have put Dickinson through the glass but let's him play the puck ahead. Dunn misplays the puck. Not sure what the hell Pietrangelo was doing. He should have more faith in JB than to get caught in no man's land like he did.

Cant afford to give the Stars easily goals like that.

Not sure what it is about afternoon games this year.

Reactions: blues hillbilly

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Also not even sure why Benn and Tarasenko both go off there. That 4v4 changed the entire game. Hate to see the Stars strategy of pushing the line against Tarasenko get paid off like that.

We need to equally be going after Zuc, Klingberg, Heiskanen if that's how they want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->