GDT: WCSF Game 2: Blues vs. Stars | 2pm CT (NBC) | Fair and Balanced Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues weren't ready to start the game. That cost them a chance to go 2 up. I hope this doesn't come back to bite them. How can you stand around watching and waste a 2-man advantage??? They should be fined and start next season's camp on ECHL rosters!!! USE those extra players! Drive to the net and form screens, while the others are passing and looking for shots. When you cross their line of sight to and from the goalie, they will shoot! We learned that in Pee Wee! :ha::mad::madfire::loony::whine::soap:

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Blues are lucky to be 1-1 in series. they deserve nothing after those 2 shit efforts. Have to outwork a goalie like Bishop and not gonna outwork him with lazy ass efforts like g1 and g2 have been. captain creampuff lived up to his name today and putrid playoff perron is back, taking stupid penalties and stupid passes galore. Dunn sucked ass in the 1st 2 period but I thought he was pretty good in the 3rd.

Game turned on the 4on4 due to stupid plays by Dunn and Pietrangelo but Blues had plenty of time to start a push and never really did till last 90secs of the game. I think some of these players are trying to do too much. Schenn, Perron and Pietrangelo come to mind. Need to keep it simple and do your job and rest will take care of itself.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The Blues weren't ready to start the game. That cost them a chance to go 2 up. I hope this doesn't come back to bite them. How can you stand around watching and waste a 2-man advantage??? They should be fined and start next season's camp on ECHL rosters!!! USE those extra players! Drive to the net and form screens, while the others are passing and looking for shots. When you cross their line of sight to and from the goalie, they will shoot! We learned that in Pee Wee!
Word

Reactions: Bendak

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I was about to post the same thing.

The series is tied 1-1 folks, sure it was not our best game by any stretch. But it's tied, Game 3 is Monday at American Airlines Center, I'll see you all there sporting my Blues Winter Classic jersey!

If there’s a game 6 I’m gonna try to run up to Dallas. It’s only 5 1/2 hours from where I’m at.

Reactions: mk80 and Bendak

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I was going to say something about that. Seems like a couple times a game, usually on the PP, he fails to keep a puck in, usually at a critical juncture or when we have a ton of pressure/zone time. Now Vince Dunn always seems to have a few keep-ins that I'm thinking how the F did he do that?

Will say ROR has seemingly disappeared this postseason.

I think Petro in general plays conservatively at the blue line b/c he know that, if someone gets a step on him, he's not going to catch him. Petro has lost a step and he wasn't fast even a few years ago.

Parayko can take risks because he can pretty much catch anyone. Petro should be off PP1.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
That’s a question I’m asking do the stats count the number of times he has failed to keep the puck in the offensive zone at the blue line? I’ve watched every every game this season and he is terrible at keeping the puck in the zone! He whiffs and has more pucks jump over his stick than normal, many routine passes back to him on the blue line!!!
Well I don't know about "pucks jumping sticks per 60", but I do know that most defensive metrics say he's a top pairing defenseman. To suggest otherwise is foolish.

Lakas

And i'll do it again in 2 minutes
Apr 7, 2016
Inunaki Village
I think several defensemen have been caught watching the puck and letting it come to them. *Cough* #27.

It gets really obvious in the powerplay too.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Good god the post game 4 crowd from the Jets series is back again.
latest

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I think several defensemen have been caught watching the puck and letting it come to them. *Cough* #27.

It gets really obvious in the powerplay too.
hes really not the same player he was 2-3 years ago which is a shame.

i think his minutes would be better off put to use 5on5 and pk, his stupid plays 4on4 and on PP pretty much were a dagger for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->