GDT: WCSF Game #2 ★ Dallas Stars vs Colorado Avalanche, 8:45PM CT ★ NBCSN, SN ★ Stars lead 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Thankfully very few dangerous shots imo. Most have been from distant that Dobby has just caught with his glove.

Officiating has been interesting. A soft as baby shit call on Hintz early on so you think they are going to call a tight game but nope. Zadorov just holds Pavelski down for a good 15 seconds with his forearm on the back of Pavs head and no penalty. Then Landeskog goes to the net on Miro and uses his free hand to hold Miro's stick which allowed him to get the shot away. Nope no call for Landy holding the stick. Then Fedun gets called for holding after he throws Compher down because Compher had a hold of his stick in a little wrestling match.

Colorado has clearly been the better team but I'm fine with Dallas giving these shots up if they would start pushing back on offense and getting some more chances.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Ah just sat down

Heard MacKinnon's name about 9 times tho before the commercial break

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Their starting goalie is out, so we get very few shots on him. Their top PK defender is out, and we do nothing to get a PP.

Bad news: the Stars were completely dominated
Good news: the Avs only managed one goal

Reactions: Kipper 17

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Thankfully very few dangerous shots imo. Most have been from distant that Dobby has just caught with his glove.

Officiating has been interesting. A soft as baby shit call on Hintz early on so you think they are going to call a tight game but nope. Zadorov just holds Pavelski down for a good 15 seconds with his forearm on the back of Pavs head and no penalty. Then Landeskog goes to the net on Miro and uses his free hand to hold Miro's stick which allowed him to get the shot away. Nope no call for Landy holding the stick. Then Fedun gets called for holding after he throws Compher down because Compher had a hold of his stick in a little wrestling match.

Colorado has clearly been the better team but I'm fine with Dallas giving these shots up if they would start pushing back on offense and getting some more chances.
Regardless of what happened, Fedun’s decision to suplex Compher was an odd one.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Their starting goalie is out, so we get very few shots on him. Their top PK defender is out, and we do nothing to get a PP.

Bad news: the Stars were completely dominated
Good news: the Avs only managed one goal
That;s not entirely true.
There was several that were let go for reasons unknown.

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006
Without Mackinnon, I think we can take them. To bad we don't have a Scott Steven's like player that did some open ice hits.

DieselBoy

Mar 18, 2007
I’ve always liked Khudobin, I feel like in his entire career he has never been given a proper shot at it.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Didn’t do anything offensively but solid “Stars” 1st period I guess. The Avalanche didn’t jump out like I thought they might.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Without Mackinnon, I think we can take them. To bad we don't have a Scott Steven's like player that did some open ice hits.
Right every time I watch Colorado, I always think, If Matt Cooke was still around he could single-handed beat the Avs with one well placed cheap shot.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
not sure when the Stars are gonna figure out to just have two guys on MacK at all times

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Ah just sat down

Heard MacKinnon's name about 9 times tho before the commercial break

Pierre would pay money to blow MacKinnon.

You didn't miss a ton though. Colorado controlled the play. Had two power plays, scored on one from an off speed fluttering slap shot that might have fooled Dobby. Then from then on it was just Dallas doing nothing and Colorado controlling the play and taking a bunch of shots from distance. Dobby really didn't have to make any difficult saves. Shots from distance that he squared up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->