GDT: WCSF Game #2 ★ Dallas Stars vs Colorado Avalanche, 8:45PM CT ★ NBCSN, SN ★ Stars lead 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Am I buzzkill if I say that I don't feel like Dallas is in control of this series yet? You could and probably should feel that way with the last 2 games, and maybe it's I'm either being too pessimistic about inconsistent performances or believing the Colorado hype .... but dear lord I hope the Stars don't start feeling cocky.

In terms of confidence of what the series looks like after 2 more games ... I would say .....

Dallas up 3-1 is greater than or equal to a tied series with a sweep nearly impossible. Colorado isn't beaten. Dallas better not think they're comfortable.

I'm just trying to be honest, and that included believing they get a win in the next two probably. I just have some trust issues.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Am I buzzkill if I say that I don't feel like Dallas is in control of this series yet? You could and probably should feel that way with the last 2 games, and maybe it's I'm either being too pessimistic about inconsistent performances or believing the Colorado hype .... but dear lord I hope the Stars don't start feeling cocky.

In terms of confidence of what the series looks like after 2 more games ... I would say .....

Dallas up 3-1 is greater than or equal to a tied series with a sweep nearly impossible. Colorado isn't beaten. Dallas better not think they're comfortable.

I'm just trying to be honest, and that included believing they get a win in the next two probably. I just have some trust issues.
I will be giddy if they go up 3-0. Until then. I remain cautiously optimistic

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX

I don’t think they’re cocky. I think they’ve woken up and are coming together.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
That's sort of where my mind is. Don't react .. enjoy where they are, but don't think this is anything close to done.

100% agree. Lot of hockey left and one game could turn everything around for the Avs

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Sooooooo, what did Anson Carter mean when he said, “I like Ben Bishop as a goaltender, but he’s never available. And you think ... well, Ben Bishop, he’s missing his chiclets. Like how many goalies are missing their teeth. So that’s telling you he’s a little fragile.”

Reactions: Hull Fan and Satan
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease

Anybody who's watched this team since the Cup win knows they can always snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm just gonna enjoy the good times while they last and not worry about the potential (inevitable?) downfall.

Reactions: DieselPig and JeffP

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Sooooooo, what did Anson Carter mean when he said, “I like Ben Bishop as a goaltender, but he’s never available. And you think ... well, Ben Bishop, he’s missing his chiclets. Like how many goalies are missing their teeth. So that’s telling you he’s a little fragile.”

I think he was politely questioning his manhood and will to play. I don't think he was being literal about a dental injury keeping him out if that's what you mean.

If you take what he said with what @FeedDaPuck saying he's not been willing to play through an injury, those comments seem similar to be.

It'll be interesting to see what's up when they can talk about injuries after the playoffs because it's concerning.

Reactions: LT

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I think he was politely questioning his manhood and will to play. I don't think he was being literal about a dental injury keeping him out if that's what you mean.

If you take what he said with what @FeedDaPuck saying he's not been willing to play through an injury, those comments seem similar to be.

It'll be interesting to see what's up when they can talk about injuries after the playoffs because it's concerning.
Considering how bad Bishop was when he tried to play, I’ll take pragmatism over toughness.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

he looked bad against Calgary in game 2. if he does have some kind of lingering anything not the series to have him play through it anyway

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
The problem with goalies playing through an injury is that even a small amount of discomfort can make them look completely awful. I never want a goalie in net who's not feeling great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->