GDT: WCSF Game #1 ★ Colorado Avalanche vs Dallas Stars, 7:00PM CT ★ NBC, CBC, SN ★

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
HNIC was very interested in Pavs chirping Fracouz. Based on how Grubauer looked getting off the ice, it looks like Francouz will be starting the rest of the games for the Avs. It’ll be interesting to see if that continues and if any of the Avs actually do something about it.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
HNIC was very interested in Pavs chirping Fracouz. Based on how Grubauer looked getting off the ice, it looks like Francouz will be starting the rest of the games for the Avs. It’ll be interesting to see if that continues and if any of the Avs actually do something about it.
i hope so. i personally think dallas has the advantage in a chippy game. Coming out and not letting them find their game in game 2 would be huge.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
MacKinnon was scary as f*** every time he touched the puck . He was the best player out there but luckily the Stars today were the better team and gave nothing to any of the Avs other lines. Some dangerous shifts here and there from Kadri and Compher( i think ? ) but for the most no line outside MacKinnon did anything today . I don't think its possible to stop MacKinnon but if Stars can do what they did today and contain everybody else they have a good shot to win the series.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
MacKinnon was scary as f*** every time he touched the puck . He was the best player out there but luckily the Stars today were the better team and gave nothing to any of the Avs other lines. Some dangerous shifts here and there from Kadri and Compher( i think ? ) but for the most no line outside MacKinnon did anything today . I don't think its possible to stop MacKinnon but if Stars can do what they did today and contain everybody else they have a good shot to win the series.

I dont think we can stop Mackinnon. Best chance to neuturlise his wingers to perimter shots and stop them, forcing him to beat us solo

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I also think sekera and Fedun played well. Not amazing but reliable and relatively mistake free. Werent a liability.

I don't think they ever faced the MacKinnon line today . If the Stars coaching staff can manage that somehow ( they shouldn't allways when they don't have last change ) it won't be that bad. But you really don't want MacKinnon going 1on1 against Sekera.

Reactions: catters078

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don't think they ever faced the MacKinnon line today . If the Stars coaching staff can manage that somehow ( they shouldn't allways when they don't have last change ) it won't be that bad. But you really don't want MacKinnon going 1on1 against Sekera.

Sekera did have that big collision with MacKinnon tho. 1 way to make yourself useful I suppose lmao

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I dont think we can stop Mackinnon. Best chance to neuturlise his wingers to perimter shots and stop them, forcing him to beat us solo
Keep MacK to the perimeter at the least- it’ll be difficult for the D to keep a tight gap on him but we need them to continue playing the puck on him

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
MacKinnon's style is interesting. I noticed he hangs around at the point a lot between the 2 dmen so he has more space to create. And leaves the Stars short in front of the net

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The Avs coaching staff really should've been able to exploit the Sekera-Fedun pairing with last change but instead this happened.

EgExn1sXsAAxyWw

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
The Avs coaching staff really should've been able to exploit the Sekera-Fedun pairing with last change but instead this happened.

EgExn1sXsAAxyWw
Didn’t they have one really long shift in the offensive zone in the 3rd? Might have inflated their stats.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Didn’t they have one really long shift in the offensive zone in the 3rd? Might have inflated their stats.

They did and they also never had a shift where the Avs managed to do anything against them offensively. Maybe it was luck but the Avs didn't manage to do anything today against our worst defensive pairing. With last change for the opposing team that should not happen but thankfully it did.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
My god MacKinnon’s first goal was nuts who skates like that? Also, great win by the guys tonight. I’m not saying we are the best offensive team in the league, but I’m also not gonna argue against the statistics

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Just watched Game 1; what a f*king game by the Stars. All of a sudden we can defend as well as score... congrats to our 1st line.

I of course was nervous how game 1 could set this series but that’s gone now. Colorado will definitely come at us 100+% game 2 but we just showed we can deal with it.

Damn, that was fun. Really really fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad