• Colorado in 7

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
By eye, I thought COL was unfortunate to not be up 2-1 going into G4. They quite significantly controlled G3 but couldn't score in the 1st and 2nd when they had a ton of chances.

Avs 2nd line has also looked pretty good to me. Mittelstadt is impressive.

I mean, at this point it's clear Dallas will win. But I think showing up the rink for G4 and finding out Nuke is in rehab again and Toews is mysteriously out would affect you somewhat.

You could kinda make the same "lack of depth" argument against DAL for the playoffs. Where would they be without Wyatt Johnston?

The votes are already in.
By eye, I thought COL was unfortunate to not be up 2-1 going into G4. They quite significantly controlled G3 but couldn't score in the 1st and 2nd when they had a ton of chances.

I mean, at this point it's clear Dallas will win. But I think showing up the rink for G4 and finding out Nuke is in rehab again and Toews is mysteriously out would affect you somewhat.

You could kinda make the same "lack of depth" argument against DAL for the playoffs. Where would they be without Wyatt Johnston?

This is more about the sum total of his career so far rather than this year. Constant disrespect to a guy that should be a finalist most years.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

I mean, at this point it's clear Dallas will win. But I think showing up at the rink for G4 and finding out Nuke is in rehab again and Toews is mysteriously out would affect you somewhat.

I think away fans don't maybe fully understand the Dallas game and game plan. "Tons of chances" for Colorado in Game 3? I donno man, I saw lots of muffins, easy pucks into Oettinger glove and chest, not many real high danger chances. Just because a team puts up 12-15 shots where 10-12 of them are easy saves doesn't really scare me as a Dallas fan.

Expected goals after that first period was 1. Is that really some crazy period? Dallas just sticks with their game, plays to counter attack when possible, and then is up 1-0 after the first period.

Dallas needs to shutdown 3 players to win this series, Colorado needs to neutralize 4 lines and beat a better goalie than their team has. Tough ask for the 3 guys.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Avs are mentally broken. They've been Jekyll and Hyde all year. This is the team that farted their way through the end of the regular season, except their goalie is actually making some saves. Thye look like how Winnipeg looked in round 1. Can't string two passes together, can't win any 50-50 battles, can't create any sustained offensive zone time, can't retrieve any dump-ins. Mental lapses and turnovers galore. It's over.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Avs are mentally broken. They've been Jekyll and Hyde all year. This is the team that farted their way through the end of the regular season, except their goalie is actually making some saves. Thye look like how Winnipeg looked in round 1. Can't string two passes together, can't win any 50-50 battles, can't create any sustained offensive zone time, can't retrieve any dump-ins. Mental lapses and turnovers galore. It's over.
But what about Mackinnon's leadership?

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South

I mean, at this point it's clear Dallas will win. But I think showing up at the rink for G4 and finding out Nuke is in rehab again and Toews is mysteriously out would affect you somewhat.

kinda hard to go with the eye test when the avs have not played a single minute of the series with the lead. and even the OT in game 1, dallas controlled the majority of it until the game winning breakaway.

not counting them out until it's truly over, but with the benefit of hindsight they look exactly how i would expect a team down 1-3 to look.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
But what about Mackinnon's leadership?
I think he's trying and has probably spent his capital this year. I think it is why he looks to have just tossed in the towel.
Difference seems to be that Landy and co. seemed to keep the team more even keeled no matter the situation. This team has more highs and lows than a Wagner opera.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad