• Colorado in 7

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I think it’s less of the Avs having a tough time willing up for these games (it’s a Mack led leadership group, they have a ton of pride), and more that Dallas is just that good at shutting shit down. We joke about the Stars playing quote unquote “big boy hockey”, but man it’s like night and day comparing this series to the last in terms of physicality and system.

Also, it was touched on in the Stars board, but one guy who deserves more due is Jason Robertson. He took a ton of shit for his game not being playoff level last year. This year, he’s transformed and looks like a two way player with physical edge in addition to everything he provides offensively. I haven’t seen much praise for him for that in the midst of Otter/Miro/Wyatt getting their flowers, so wanted to make sure I said something. That pass to Wyatt last night for 2-0 was special.

landstuhltaylor

Feb 2, 2009
Going to be hopping on the Florida bandwagon. Sucks to see the team go out this way. They really need to fix this attitude where they give up whenever they hit adversity.

I don't expect them to win, but the lack of pushback is not acceptable.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022
Feels like Colorado leading for 0:00 through four games has barely been talked about. Imagine the social media posts, news, articles, etc. if Toronto did that in a series.

National media continues to ignore specific teams in the league.
Well they won a cup 2 years ago

You get a grace period for like 5 years after winning a cup

Erebor

Jan 8, 2019
Btw the 22 years old AHL MVP will be added to the Stars roster next season.

What a roster Nill has build.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Something is very wrong in AVS locker room. Terrible performance and commitment.
I can think of one thing missing since the cup run

1715694844937.jpeg

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
This might be the most shocking series thus far in the postseason. Not only are the Stars up 3-1. They've dominated most of the games. I really thought this would be one of the best and tightly contested series of the postseason.

I don't like the winner of the other west series chances against Dallas. At all.
I picked the Stars in 5. Thought they'd win the first two, split in Colorado, then win it back at home. Just a bit off so far but we'll see if they do indeed close it out in game 5.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
This series has been boring to watch. Was expecting a lot more from it. Avs are done. Dallas is going to the cup final.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
The cope and excuses are on. "Omg no Nuke or Toews".. okay explain the first three games. Explain how Dallas dominated without 1C Hintz.

This series really should be over 4-0 if we are being honest about game 1. Good comeback by the Avs tho.

Too many excuses and ignoring what Dallas is doing. If the Avs had any resemblance of a 2nd 3rd or 4th line they might be doing better?

Andrew Cogliano in 2024? Come on.. Dallas has THREE forwards healthy scratched miles better than players in your starting 12. It's very obvious why Colorado is struggling and it has nothing to do with one or two guys being out.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Series isn't over yet, Avs still have lots of skill and aren't going to give up. Tomorrow will be a tough game for Dallas

You don't have to pretend to be a humble fan on this one: the Avs are f***ing toast.

No defense, no goaltending, just lost two of their best players, and MacKinnon refuses to eat a nice carbonara to give him the energy to play the 40 minutes Bednar demands of him.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
You don't have to pretend to be a humble fan on this one: the Avs are f***ing toast.

No defense, no goaltending, just lost two of their best players, and MacKinnon refuses to eat a nice carbonara to give him the energy to play the 40 minutes Bednar demands of him.
We saw this in 2020, Dallas leads 3-1, wins series in ot of game 7. Won't count them out until game 5 with a 4g lead

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
We saw this in 2020, Dallas leads 3-1, wins series in ot of game 7. Won't count them out until game 5 with a 4g lead
Only difference is I doubt we’re trotting out a crippled Ben bishop for his last hurrah this time

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
The Bruce Boudreau Canucks swept this Dallas core last year in the season series.

Edm and Van will go down to the wire. But the haughty fans from this series who keep coming to the Edm Van thread to say they both suck might get something coming to them.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Only difference is I doubt we’re trotting out a crippled Ben bishop for his last hurrah this time
That and 2020 Khudobin would be the worst goalie, by a significant margin, in this series, but still got to close them out first

The Bruce Boudreau Canucks swept this Dallas core last year in the season series.

Edm and Van will go down to the wire. But the haughty fans from this series who keep coming to the Edm Van thread to say they both suck might get something coming to them.
Vegas swept the season series against us this year too, and Colorado pretty thoroughly kicked the shit out of us this season too.
It's literally meant f*** all

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The cope and excuses are on. "Omg no Nuke or Toews".. okay explain the first three games. Explain how Dallas dominated without 1C Hintz.

This series really should be over 4-0 if we are being honest about game 1. Good comeback by the Avs tho.

Too many excuses and ignoring what Dallas is doing. If the Avs had any resemblance of a 2nd 3rd or 4th line they might be doing better?

Andrew Cogliano in 2024? Come on.. Dallas has THREE forwards healthy scratched miles better than players in your starting 12. It's very obvious why Colorado is struggling and it has nothing to do with one or two guys being out.
By eye, I thought COL was unfortunate to not be up 2-1 going into G4. They quite significantly controlled G3 but couldn't score in the 1st and 2nd when they had a ton of chances.

Avs 2nd line has also looked pretty good to me. Mittelstadt is impressive.

I mean, at this point it's clear Dallas will win. But I think showing up at the rink for G4 and finding out Nuke is in rehab again and Toews is mysteriously out would affect you somewhat.

You could kinda make the same "lack of depth" argument against DAL for the playoffs. Where would they be without Wyatt Johnston?

If this series doesn’t wake up Norris voters, I don’t know what will.
The votes are already in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad