• Colorado in 7

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
This might be the most shocking series thus far in the postseason. Not only are the Stars up 3-1. They've dominated most of the games. I really thought this would be one of the best and tightly contested series of the postseason.

I don't like the winner of the other west series chances against Dallas. At all.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
McKinnon 0 goal 1 assist -6 last 3 games
Rantannen 1 goals 0 assist -5 last 3 games
Makar 0 goal 0 assist -6 last 3 games

That's hurting Colorado big time
Shows how Dallas can suffocate you

Feels like those three were out there every other shift......gotta wonder how much is left in the tank by the end of the game.

Reactions: DieselPig

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
gotta wonder how much is left in the tank by the end of the game.

My info is, that it was Dallas who went 7 games against Vegas....

This is not about "whats left in the tank", those 3 "stars" just look horrible out there since the start of Game 3. Rantanen is playing like that since Round 1, if we are honest.

The moment they face some adversity, they roll over like little puppies... Thats how it looks.

Thats man vs. peewies out there for 3 games. This and a coach who is not able to adjust his system and gets fooled by DeBoer again.

Dallas will close out this loopsided series on wednesday (wonders do happen, but Colorado winning game 5 after this shitshow at home?), will get some rest and watch Edmonton and Vancouver killing each other. And maybe think "hell, that was easy". And they are right.

Who would have thought that Vegas will give Dallas, as it looks right now in the west, the only real hurdle straight to the Stanley Cup final....

Reactions: Alex1234

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

This is not about "whats left in the tank", those 3 "stars" just look horrible out there since the start of Game 3. Rantanen is playing like that since Round 1, if we are honest.

The moment they face some adversity, they roll over like little puppies... Thats how it looks.

Thats man vs. peewies out there for 3 games. This and a coach who is not able to adjust his system and gets fooled by DeBoer again.

Dallas will close out this loopsided series on wednesday (wonders do happen, but Colorado winning game 5 after this shitshow at home?), will get some rest and watch Edmonton and Vancouver killing each other. And maybe think "hell, that was easy". And they are right.

Who would have thought that Vegas will give Dallas, as it looks right now in the west, the only real hurdle straight to the Stanley Cup final....

Not me, that's for damn sure. I'm still not ready to etch Dallas in as Cup finalists quite yet, although I like their chances more and more after each win.

Not ready to write the eulogy on Colorado yet either, although last night they might've been the most demoralized team I've ever seen. Just listless out there, and the arena was a morgue outside of Mittelstadt's goal.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Mackinnon, Makar & Rantanen all MIA.
Mackinnon especially, how can one be this bad after the regular season he had. Piss poor showing.

Hopefully the Stars win this quickly.

?

Isn’t the better question why on earth is the average icetime for Mackinnon& Rantanen 23mins per game, they have nothing left.
Meanwhile Dallas can keep the rotation going game after game

The last 2 seasons Colorado has run Mackinnon& Rantanen out of gas by asking them to be eveything

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

& during regular season& in the playoffs they give all the lines pretty consistent minutes

Meanwhile in Colorado..

LaCarriere

Mackinnon, Makar & Rantanen all MIA.
Mackinnon especially, how can one be this bad after the regular season he had. Piss poor showing.

Hopefully the Stars win this quickly.
I think anyone who's watched the series can see that Dallas has suffocated their top players, and the Avs don't have the depth they had 2 years ago. Those 3 guys aren't going to win another cup alone. Look at teams like Toronto and Edmonton just to realize that relying on the backs of 3-4 top end players isn't enough compared to a team that can roll 3+ lines.

The difference between those two teams and the Avs though, is the Avs have been without landeskog for 2 years, and nuke has sank the team 2 playoffs in a row. Losing Kadri hurt their depth, it's not like a GM can just snap their fingers and end up with a ~80 point 2nd line centre making 4.5M, or every team would have one.

Dallas was the one team I was hoping the a
Avs could have avoided in the west. Assuming Dallas finishes Colorado off they will likely be in the finals.

Reactions: landstuhltaylor

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Not ready to write the eulogy on Colorado yet either, although last night they might've been the most demoralized team I've ever seen. Just listless out there, and the arena was a morgue outside of Mittelstadt's goal.
When your best goalscorer so far (and leading goalscorer in the playoffs) decides to shit on your team again (2 years in a row) and one of your top-D-Man out just hours before puck-drop it affects every team. Whoever in here says it isnt so is an ignorant idiot, sorry for the harsh words, but some "hot takes" in here are laughable.

But still, there is no excuse to wave the flag and not even try to push back or fight. The core guys, or leaders, just gave up last night. And the rest of the pack followed. And the crowd realized this pretty quick and said "f*** this shit". Horrible showing on all fronts.....This happens without a real captain and leader.

Dallas will end our misery on wednesday. Absolutely deserved.

& during regular season& in the playoffs they give all the lines pretty consistent minutes

Meanwhile in Colorado..
Come on, they had an easy Round 1 against Winnipeg where they looked like a juggernaut, had some days to rest. And suddenly the "core" is out of gas?

This excuse may have been true last season. But not this year. Bednar getting schooled by DeBoer again is another headscratcher...:huh:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
When your best goalscorer so far (and leading goalscorer in the playoffs) decides to shit on your team again (2 years in a row) and one of your top-D-Man out just hours before puck-drop it affects every team. Whoever in here says it isnt so is an ignorant idiot, sorry for the harsh words, but some "hot takes" in here are laughable.

But still, there is no excuse to wave the flag and not even try to push back or fight. The core guys, or leaders, just gave up last night. And the rest of the pack followed. And the crowd realized this pretty quick and said "f*** this shit". Horrible showing on all fronts.....This happens without a real captain and leader.

Dallas will end our misery on wednesday. Absolutely deserved.

Come on, they had an easy Round 1 against Winnipeg where they looked like a juggernaut, had some days to rest. And suddenly the "core" is out of gas?

This excuse may have been true last season. But not this year. Bednar getting schooled by DeBoer again is another headscratcher...:huh:

When you’ve played around 100 games games averaging those minutes yes.
They were gassed out last season as well

You didn’t know that 1 line teams rarely win the Cup?

& during that easy round against Winnipeg Mackinnon played 21-24mins every night, again tell me why on earth?
If it was such an easy series and 2nd line was on fire why did they have to run those top guys to the ground

Now you are playing against a team that rolls 4 lines and looks much more fresh even after going game 7, because outside of Heiskanen they have much more balance

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I think anyone who's watched the series can see that Dallas has suffocated their top players, and the Avs don't have the depth they had 2 years ago. Those 3 guys aren't going to win another cup alone. Look at teams like Toronto and Edmonton just to realize that relying on the backs of 3-4 top end players isn't enough compared to a team that can roll 3+ lines.

The difference between those two teams and the Avs though, is the Avs have been without landeskog for 2 years, and nuke has sank the team 2 playoffs in a row. Losing Kadri hurt their depth, it's not like a GM can just snap their fingers and end up with a ~80 point 2nd line centre making 4.5M, or every team would have one.

Dallas was the one team I was hoping the a
Avs could have avoided in the west. Assuming Dallas finishes Colorado off they will likely be in the finals.
Dallas is winning the cup. No other team is close to as good.

Reactions: Johnny Tomala

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Something is very wrong in AVS locker room. Terrible performance and commitment.

The Nichushkin situation has to be a gut punch to the team. That said, their performance last night raised red flags about their leadership.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Feels like Colorado leading for 0:00 through four games has barely been talked about. Imagine the social media posts, news, articles, etc. if Toronto did that in a series.

National media continues to ignore specific teams in the league.

I mean ya... No one gives a shit about the Stars.

Impressive though. Dominating.

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
As an Avs fan, Dallas was always my pick to come out of the west. They had a hole or two in the back end but with Tanev coming in, seems to have done more than enough.

A team can’t stomach the loss of their captain in Landy, their 2c in Kadri and now Nuke.

Sadly without some absolute steals of some trades and pure luck, this might be the end of the Avs contention window. Theyll make playoffs but I honestly can’t see them beating Dallas anytime soon.

At least they have ‘22

LaCarriere

Feels like Colorado leading for 0:00 through four games has barely been talked about. Imagine the social media posts, news, articles, etc. if Toronto did that in a series.

National media continues to ignore specific teams in the league.
I can't comment on coverage in the states, but to most Canadian media outlets there's about 7 NHL teams. Year after year I see US teams outplaying canadian teams with little to no coverage, so it doesn't shock me that when it's the other way around we hear nothing either.

All that's talked about in Canada now is vancouver/Edmonton.

I also get the feeling that the Avs dont get much coverage outside of Colorado either. For Toronto, it sort of comes with the territory with being the richest franchise in the league and having next to no playoff success in a very long time. The leafs have thrown so much money at their front office compared to anyone in the last 10 years or so, and still can't get anywhere.

Reactions: fillmont

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
When you’ve played around 100 games games averaging those minutes yes.
They were gassed out last season as well

You didn’t know that 1 line teams rarely win the Cup?

& during that easy round against Winnipeg Mackinnon played 21-24mins every night, again tell me why on earth?
If it was such an easy series and 2nd line was on fire why did they have to run those top guys to the ground
Last game was not about "being out of gas"., They quit.

And MacKinnon pouting in Game 3 is another example.

The moment this team faces a real adversity, it becomes obvious what will happen. The loss of Landeskog is much more fatal than expected.

Didn’t DeBoer’s team (Vegas) thoroughly outplay the Avs in 2021?

Not outplay, more outmuscle. That series was at least competitive through the first 4 games. Even in Game 5 the AVS had a 2-0 lead into the third and gave it away. It was in OT when one D-Man (Graves) decided to go "Bobby Orr" and killed his team. :laugh:

Reactions: BHD

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Avs fans you saw how mackinnon was yesterday this is what Kucherov had to play with the whole second half the year when they lost sergachev, not having toews destroyed the chemistry and defense flows.

• Haha

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Dallas is winning the cup. No other team is close to as good.
With all deserved praise to Dallas, but i see Florida as good (maybe slightly better) this year.

Looks more and more like Dallas-Florida will be the grande finale this season....

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad