• Colorado in 7

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
As an aside, Leah Hextall has to be one of the very worst color commentators I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing with my ears (this is coming from someone who has had to live with the Avs broadcast team since the dawn of time).

She never says anything of interest, despite starting half of her commentary with "You know, it's interesting that bah bah bah", or just saying completely inane cliches like getting the puck deep or, like last night, refusing to stop talking about how the Stars just played 2 days ago and the Avs might be rusty.

God I hate her

It seems like you're talking about AJ Mlezcko (sp?).

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
For the love of God let's not get the offside challenge expanded to penalties too!
Would be cool if the officials called the game in front of them at the very least. The Tim Peel hot mic stuff is still the way things appear to be done.

I do look forward to when Avs fans disagree with a call though.

• Haha
Reactions: Turbonium

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Sure, but one of those two pps absolutely shouldn't have happened.
Why?
That's not the second angle:laugh: That video doesn't even show what I am talking about because the stick lines up with the camera angle.

2hr 29min or so into the broadcast, when Dave Jackson is talking about the call, they show the second angle, its pretty obvious that Roope was taken down by the stick of Manson. I tried to screen record it but ESPN app won't allow that.
Embellishment doesnt mean the trip/hook didnt happen. And manson was called for the penalty. Read the rules. Its the refs opinion that hintz made an unnatural motion to sell the call when in the refs opinion, he could have tried to stay balanced in that situation.

Reactions: The Moops

TippinOn44s

Oct 8, 2013
In real time it indeed looked offside. That missed call did not lose the game for Dallas though.

Playing 5D against the most explosive team in the league directly off of a physical 7 game series was a much bigger factor in this loss.

Dallas really needs to find a serviceable 6th defender and fast or this is going to be a quick series.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
In real time it indeed looked offside. That missed call did not lose the game for Dallas though.

Playing 5D against the most explosive team in the league directly off of a physical 7 game series was a much bigger factor in this loss.

Dallas really needs to find a serviceable 6th defender and fast or this is going to be a quick series.
That 5D thing is the dumbest thing Deboer has done since he got here. There are worse d-men in the playoffs right now than Nils Lundkvist, its idiotic to play 5D like this.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
That 5D thing is the dumbest thing Deboer has done since he got here. There are worse d-men in the playoffs right now than Nils Lundkvist, its idiotic to play 5D like this.

The best part of this is by the time DeBoer figures it out, his guys will already be depleted. They're more than halfway there already.

And yes, please, play your AHL defenseman more minutes. That is def going to go well for you.

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
Scope my last post:thumbu:
Damn. You’re one of them. That’s a bummer.

At the end of day the Stars had plenty of penalties missed and doubled up Avs PP and had a 5-3.

If I was a Dallas fan, I certainly wouldn’t be complaining about officiating. I’d be wondering why on earth did Oettinger get absolutely walked on the OT winner. He played that terribly. I’d also wouldn’t be thrilled with the Avs second goal and getting beat cleanly from that spot without a lot of net presence. Makar or not

The Avs hit three posts throughout the game and tbh, could have won in regulation. That Mikko shot hit in the inside of the crossbar late in the 3rd. Mack also walked in untouched late.

It was a good game and knew once the Avs got their first goal it was going to be a game. Dallas is a really good team.

Reactions: Turbonium

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
I think whining about penalties in playoffs is the lowest common denominator. My opinion is let the boys play- but Dallas players should've known going into the 2nd that they weren't getting away with anything - based on how infractions were called on the Avs in the 1st.

6 scoring chances at even strength for the Stars- a brutal showing after the first 20. The Avs have 4 deadly weapons but I'm not afraid- the Stars have shut them down in playoffs before.

They got away with a pretty blatant high stick on toews in the first tho

• Wow
Reactions: Satan

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I, for one, am super grateful the league's refs are colluding to beat the Avs opponents for them.

Whichever ref told Oettinger he's not allowed to poke check Miles Wood in OT is getting one big ass fruit basket.

#refalanche4life
Ya I don’t know why goalies don’t poke check anymore. It was my go to back in the day just because I saw every goalie in the NHL do it.

Classic two pad stack while poke checking was moneyyy. Not sure why goalies shy away from it.

• Haha
Reactions: Drizzzt and nabby12

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
It's honestly so embarrassing. So much crying.
Is it only embarrassing when it's not you or?

It's a penalty that almost never gets called, and this one in particular barely touched Annunen.

Why would it be a penalty.

Like sure that is 100% a penalty but now it's a 5 on 3 because of these f***ing idiots on the first call.

Honestly a complete disaster.

Right from the obvious missed boarding penalty on Parise its been a shitshow ever since

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I, for one, am super grateful the league's refs are colluding to beat the Avs opponents for them.

Whichever ref told Oettinger he's not allowed to poke check Miles Wood in OT is getting one big ass fruit basket.

#refalanche4life
The game went to OT it wasn't a blowout win by the Aves. If the refs call the Manson penalty fairly Dallas is on the power play. And there is no deadlier weapon in the league than the Dallas PP. I think they went 140% against Vegas. It would've been a guaranteed goal and Dallas wins 4 to 3 easily.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Lmao you might as well review every entry. Let's allow challenges for every entry. Hey that shouldn't be an offensive zone faceoff they were offside, move it back to the neutral zone.
Not even asking that, just worth pointing out how bad the officials are.

Damn you know it's bad when the guy crying looks up weeks old posts from the Avs board and comes to the main boards to try to validate his tears.
Everyone complains about the officials. Calling it embarrassing when you're guilty of the same is in fact embarrassing. Wonder what I'd find in your post history. Probably some of the same.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
No he didn't. The 2nd angle shows clearly what happened, the stick clearly knocked his right leg out. Even the guy ESPN brought in to compliment the officials didn't agree.

If your retort is "yeah well they missed this and missed that" then you're not really saying I'm wrong.
You mea. The analyst that said he had an obstructed view through a net? Come on now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad