Votes: 162 31.6%
  • Colorado in 7

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
Penalties don't have to be even, and bad calls should be called out on both sides. The embellishment call was idiotic, and the 2nd penalty Dallas took was ridiculous.

I can't speak for the 4 stars calls unfortunately, I missed the first because ESPN sucks.

The on ice officials are the worst part of the game, full stop.
He absolutely embellished though. While he didn’t flail when falling, he had zero reason to even fall in the fist place. He sold the call by throwing himself down.

Dallas got away with plenty. The high stick to Toews mouth, the clear holding call on Rants etc.

There’s absolutely no way Dallas fans can complain about the refs last night. None

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
He absolutely embellished though. While he didn’t flail when falling, he had zero reason to even fall in the fist place. He sold the call by throwing himself down.

Dallas got away with plenty. The high stick to Toews mouth, the clear holding call on Rants etc.

There’s absolutely no way Dallas fans can complain about the refs last night. None
No he didn't. The 2nd angle shows clearly what happened, the stick clearly knocked his right leg out. Even the guy ESPN brought in to compliment the officials didn't agree.

If your retort is "yeah well they missed this and missed that" then you're not really saying I'm wrong.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Great comeback win for the Avs....

Big pro for Dallas is they were able to get up 3-0.
They blew this one.. but they can take away the first period.

This will be a long series.

I mean... They did it by being gifted a 5 on 3, and a couple of really lucky bounces.

They had a 5on5 expected goals of 0.13 through 2 periods. There's literally nothing positive to take away from that especially now that they lost game 1.

If there's a positive for the Stars to take away, it's the fact they got better and seemed to find there legs a bit more in the 3rd period and overtime. Everything before that was pretty bad for them despite the score.

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Oh stop it. There’s nothing that makes him fall from Mansons stick here. Hintz feels the stick in his midsection and falls down.

That's not the second angle:laugh: That video doesn't even show what I am talking about because the stick lines up with the camera angle.

2hr 29min or so into the broadcast, when Dave Jackson is talking about the call, they show the second angle, its pretty obvious that Roope was taken down by the stick of Manson. I tried to screen record it but ESPN app won't allow that.

Last edited:

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Penalties don't have to be even, and bad calls should be called out on both sides. The embellishment call was idiotic, and the 2nd penalty Dallas took was ridiculous.

I can't speak for the 4 stars calls unfortunately, I missed the first because ESPN sucks.
Hahaha, oh man. The only acceptable outcome in your mind is Avs get 0 powerplays, but also "I didn't see any of the calls against the Avs so no comment there"

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
If that stick caused the dude to fall like that he shouldn't be in the NHL. Instead it looked like he could come play in La Liga and fit right in.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
As an aside, Leah Hextall has to be one of the very worst color commentators I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing with my ears (this is coming from someone who has had to live with the Avs broadcast team since the dawn of time).

She never says anything of interest, despite starting half of her commentary with "You know, it's interesting that bah bah bah", or just saying completely inane cliches like getting the puck deep or, like last night, refusing to stop talking about how the Stars just played 2 days ago and the Avs might be rusty.

God I hate her

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
As an aside, Leah Hextall has to be one of the very worst color commentators I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing with my ears (this is coming from someone who has had to live with the Avs broadcast team since the dawn of time).

She never says anything of interest, despite starting half of her commentary with "You know, it's interesting that bah bah bah", or just saying completely inane cliches like getting the puck deep or, like last night, refusing to stop talking about how the Stars just played 2 days ago and the Avs might be rusty.

God I hate her

My friend YOUR OPINION IS ABSURD. I didn't reduce it at all.
She's the worst, and we're not friends

If that stick caused the dude to fall like that he shouldn't be in the NHL. Instead it looked like he could come play in La Liga and fit right in.
Lol, sure dude.

• Haha
Reactions: Turbonium

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Ave's have "It Factor" it takes to win "Cup"
  • Dallas road to "Cup" is brutal, no doubt.
  • But one has to overcome whatever is in front of them to become champs.
  • If Dallas wants a "Cup", they better find their own "It Factor" or they'll come up short.
  • Kudos Ave's, heck of comeback win on road
  • Ave's did what "Cup" contenders do.
  • Onto game 2....

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
1000011875.jpg

Lol

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
2hr 29min or so into the broadcast, when Dave Jackson is talking about the call, they show the second angle, its pretty obvious that Roope was taken down by the stick of Manson. I tried to screen record it but ESPN app won't allow that.
Another very convenient outcome here.

Ahh, missed all 4 of the penalties against the Avs; was at my dog's wedding.

Ahh, it's obvious in this other angle that I know the exact timestamp of, but gosh darnit I just can't provide the evidence! Darn ESPN!

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Definitely could see the difference once the Avs shook of the rust at first intermission.
They looked like the team that blitzed the Jets again.

Very disappointed our gofundme didn't make it to the Refs in time to even up the penalties, but that should just mean more cash in reserve for the rest of the series. Will need it once DeBoer starts working them.
Just need two. Why splurge?

It's like Joe Kennedy said "Don't buy a single vote more than necessary. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for a landslide."

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
The post where they missed an offsides call at max speed? Happens like 5-6 times a game, that's why the review exists.
Missed an offside by a mile you mean

Noted you'll be one that whines about everything. Each fan base has a few, it's almost as entertaining as watching a team blow a 3-0 lead...almost. Enjoy the series my non-friend!
That's alright, I block.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I think whining about penalties in playoffs is the lowest common denominator. My opinion is let the boys play- but Dallas players should've known going into the 2nd that they weren't getting away with anything - based on how infractions were called on the Avs in the 1st.

6 scoring chances at even strength for the Stars- a brutal showing after the first 20. The Avs have 4 deadly weapons but I'm not afraid- the Stars have shut them down in playoffs before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad