• Dal in 6

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Dal in 7

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I'm still absolutely livid about this series and how it all unfolded. To me this is a lot worse than last year and worse than 2021, 2020 and 2019.

I think we had the team to go all the way even if we had a 39 year old on our 2nd line for a few rounds because Drouin was going to return.

After taking game #1 on the road and playing poorly in Game #2, then playing well in Games #3 but getting goalied in that game, Drouin was all set to come back - finally we were going to have a solid Top-6 and then we got 'pearl harbored' with the f***ing news of the suspension hours before taking the ice. f***ing godam horseshit.

Even still, even with all that f***ing shit - we still managed to win game #5 on the road and the series was still up for grabs with Hintz being injured and Tanev being softened up significantly.

All we needed to do was dump it into Tanev's corner every single time he's on the ice and make sure we hit him hard. None of that happened...there was no game plan of anything similar at all.

That's on Bednar. This whole 'turn the other cheek' approach to HOCKEY is laughable especially since he was a goon when he played what, 46,000 games in the ECHL.

The kind of crap where that assface jamie benn takes a run at one of your best D and nothing happens - cannot continue. The league certainly has their favourites so they ain't gonna do nothing about it and like I said before, it shouldn't even have been retribution on #14 but - oops, sorry Miro - when your lying on the ice screaming "why? why?" holding your knee like Nancy Kerrigan - you can ask your lowlife captain why.

I actually like Bednar as a coach but his lease as Avs coach is probably nearing its expiration date especially if he can't use the assets that were brought in properly :

Parise - brought in as 4th line depth - massively overused because apparently he couldn't trust anyone else on that 2nd line (not that he actually tried anything else).

Trenin - brought in as a defensive player that hits and is hard to play against. He was used sparingly as 4th line C even thought he's probably a winger. Was good in some games in the 1st round but never really used the way he was supposed to - to wear down the opposition's D. Probably too concerned with 'playing the system's and not get out of position.

Duhaime - brought in as a player that hits and is hard to play against. Was used very sparingly and didn't have much of an impact at all. Bednar probably too scared he'd take too many penalties. Waste of a 3rd round pick.

Walker - started out fitting in extremely well with the team and the system and somehow gradually got worse as time went on.

I mean, I think CMac did a great job getting players that were going to be really tough to play against to grind down the other team, especially early in the series but they weren't used that way. So then, what the f*** is the point - if Bednar is going to NOT use them the way they were intended to be used? Just get a bunch of Matt Nieto's to take up space and skate around and play your system without really doing anything then and don't pay draft picks to acquire players - these kinds of guys are fully available every single summer. Get 3 or 4 - stash them in the AHL with large % guarantees and actually get some depth.

All-in-all, I feel that this team has underachieved with Bednar as coach when you take into consideration the quality of the roster. I rarely ever get the feeling - wow, we adjusted to what the other team is doing and we're really taking over. It's more - there is a system in place and it needs to be played to near perfection and if so, we are really tough to beat. If not, we are in trouble. Other coaches aren't stupid, they'll gameplan around that and force us to play a type of game that goes outside of that and then we are f***ed because there doesn't seem to be a backup plan.

Give me a coach that can seemingly make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Stuff like - Brad Marchand is out - well I will somehow make Danton Heinen be a viable player in the top-6, not just play Pastrnak more.

This is not all on Bedsy and I will be forever grateful for the 2022 Cup run but a guy like David Carle is certainly someone who I'd love for the Avs to bring in. Two championships in 3 years and they were supposed to get crushed this year too... the kind of coach that can take down 'goliath' not the kind of coach who is coaching 'Goliath' to first and second round exits.

Sorry for the long post, just so still mad/disappointed.
Biggest disappointment for me is Walker. We heard so much how he played alot of ES and PK minutes in Philly. I think he was one of the top dman with zone exits if I remember correctly. I thought that's great we have a puck moving dman that is great at zone exits and defensively responsible. We've got none of that in the playoffs. He was nothing more than another Sammy G small dman that have trouble winning board battles and getting outmuscled in coverage. FYI I thought Girard was good in these playoffs I'm more alluding his overall game.

At this point I think we needed another dman that can play defensively block shots, hit, strong along the boards and in coverage. Could you imagine if we got Tanev instead of Walker? Damn !! Freaking RyJo :laugh:

Hard to blame Bednar with how this unfolded. Losing Toews and Nuke is a massive blow for any team. I think someone compared this with Oilers roster when they said it's like losing Hyman (best goalscorer in the PO back then) and Ekholm (top pairing defensive dman). Also losing Drouin in the last regular season game which was meaningless hurts alot. I want to blame Bednar on this one but I think players wanted to play and that's something you can't see coming. Either way if there were players that would've been scratched for safety it would've probably been Mack, Makar, Mikko, Mitts and Toews.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Moops

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I'm still absolutely livid about this series and how it all unfolded. To me this is a lot worse than last year and worse than 2021, 2020 and 2019.

I think we had the team to go all the way even if we had a 39 year old on our 2nd line for a few rounds because Drouin was going to return.

After taking game #1 on the road and playing poorly in Game #2, then playing well in Games #3 but getting goalied in that game, Drouin was all set to come back - finally we were going to have a solid Top-6 and then we got 'pearl harbored' with the f***ing news of the suspension hours before taking the ice. f***ing godam horseshit.

Even still, even with all that f***ing shit - we still managed to win game #5 on the road and the series was still up for grabs with Hintz being injured and Tanev being softened up significantly.

All we needed to do was dump it into Tanev's corner every single time he's on the ice and make sure we hit him hard. None of that happened...there was no game plan of anything similar at all.

That's on Bednar. This whole 'turn the other cheek' approach to HOCKEY is laughable especially since he was a goon when he played what, 46,000 games in the ECHL.

The kind of crap where that assface jamie benn takes a run at one of your best D and nothing happens - cannot continue. The league certainly has their favourites so they ain't gonna do nothing about it and like I said before, it shouldn't even have been retribution on #14 but - oops, sorry Miro - when your lying on the ice screaming "why? why?" holding your knee like Nancy Kerrigan - you can ask your lowlife captain why.

I actually like Bednar as a coach but his lease as Avs coach is probably nearing its expiration date especially if he can't use the assets that were brought in properly :

Parise - brought in as 4th line depth - massively overused because apparently he couldn't trust anyone else on that 2nd line (not that he actually tried anything else).

Trenin - brought in as a defensive player that hits and is hard to play against. He was used sparingly as 4th line C even thought he's probably a winger. Was good in some games in the 1st round but never really used the way he was supposed to - to wear down the opposition's D. Probably too concerned with 'playing the system's and not get out of position.

Duhaime - brought in as a player that hits and is hard to play against. Was used very sparingly and didn't have much of an impact at all. Bednar probably too scared he'd take too many penalties. Waste of a 3rd round pick.

Walker - started out fitting in extremely well with the team and the system and somehow gradually got worse as time went on.

I mean, I think CMac did a great job getting players that were going to be really tough to play against to grind down the other team, especially early in the series but they weren't used that way. So then, what the f*** is the point - if Bednar is going to NOT use them the way they were intended to be used? Just get a bunch of Matt Nieto's to take up space and skate around and play your system without really doing anything then and don't pay draft picks to acquire players - these kinds of guys are fully available every single summer. Get 3 or 4 - stash them in the AHL with large % guarantees and actually get some depth.

All-in-all, I feel that this team has underachieved with Bednar as coach when you take into consideration the quality of the roster. I rarely ever get the feeling - wow, we adjusted to what the other team is doing and we're really taking over. It's more - there is a system in place and it needs to be played to near perfection and if so, we are really tough to beat. If not, we are in trouble. Other coaches aren't stupid, they'll gameplan around that and force us to play a type of game that goes outside of that and then we are f***ed because there doesn't seem to be a backup plan.

Give me a coach that can seemingly make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Stuff like - Brad Marchand is out - well I will somehow make Danton Heinen be a viable player in the top-6, not just play Pastrnak more.

This is not all on Bedsy and I will be forever grateful for the 2022 Cup run but a guy like David Carle is certainly someone who I'd love for the Avs to bring in. Two championships in 3 years and they were supposed to get crushed this year too... the kind of coach that can take down 'goliath' not the kind of coach who is coaching 'Goliath' to first and second round exits.

Sorry for the long post, just so still mad/disappointed.

I'm with you brother guy. I'm still very upset myself and agree 100% with you. Dallas played their game and we failed to adjust to counter it. Shit result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad