Series Talk: WCQF: Winnipeg Jets Vs. Colorado Avalanche (COL lead 3-1)

What's your prediction for the series result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Will Winnipeg reduced tickets prices so fans will show up? These games will be on TV and empty seats would look bad.

I’d like to be interested in watching round 2 so Avs in 6.
The entire first round is sold out (save for a few singles, late releases, and resale tickets).

The four resale tickets on the glass behind the Jets' bench that were listed for $1,064 each sold yesterday.

I don't know where this attendance crap comes from. Maybe from fans of other teams who are jealous of the magnificence that is the White Out?

m.

paragon

May 5, 2010
Last 10 games for Alexandar Georgiev:

4/14 vs Vegas: 4 goals on 30 shots
4/13 vs Jets: 4 goals on 15 shots
4/9 vs Wild: 2 goals on 22 shots
4/7 vs Dallas: 6 goals on 36 shots
4/5 vs Oilers: 6 goals on 46 shots
3/30 vs Preds; 4 goals on 13 shots
3/28 vs Rags: 2 goals on 25 shots
3/24 vs Pens: 4 goals on 34 shots
3/22 vs Jackets: 1 goal on 24 shots
3/16 vs Oil: 2 goals on 34 shots

Avs have to very very very heavily outshoot the Jets to compete because they're praying Georgiev gets them .900 goaltending. I take Jets in 5.
They should just play Annunen. His stats are way better recently. Since February 1st .93 save% and 2.11 GAA, 7 wins 4 losses.

Reactions: hn777

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Should be an interesting series.

Colorado showed in 2022 you don’t need a top tier goalie to win the cup, but it was because of their defense. The d corps is relatively close to the same as that cup win year, but you couldn’t tell in the regular season.

I give the advantage to Colorado based on how they’ve shown they can turn it up in the playoffs. Not to mention they are still a top tier team with an MVP finalist and (potentially) a Norris finalist in their lineup. That said, Helly has the ability to win games for his team. Georgiev doesn’t have that ability at all. So that’s a huge advantage for Winnipeg.

Colorado in 6.

Reactions: Puckatron 3000

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The entire first round is sold out (save for a few singles, late releases, and resale tickets).

The four resale tickets on the glass behind the Jets' bench that were listed for $1,064 each sold yesterday.

I don't know where this attendance crap comes from. Maybe from fans of other teams who are jealous of the magnificence that is the White Out?

m.

Just trolling to get a reaction. We had some bad attendance to start this year but for good reasons honestly. More teams fans should just not show up when the team under performs and you might actually see management do something about it.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
a489031059b5bee46bbbea0f02856309.gif

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Looking at the last stretch of the season, and with Hellebuyck in net, Winnipeg should be an easy pick. Yet, I still have trouble going against Colorado when they have MacKinnon and Makar, as well as the experience of winning the Cup recently.

I'm going to go with Winnipeg in 7. Time for that group to do something in the playoffs!

Reactions: Puckatron 3000

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
.93 vs .856 in same time span. I don't care if he's playing all the bad teams. Georgiev has been beyond abysmal since February.
And they are still NHL teams.

Looking at the last stretch of the season, and with Hellebuyck in net, Winnipeg should be an easy pick. Yet, I still have trouble going against Colorado when they have MacKinnon and Makar, as well as the experience of winning the Cup recently.
This team is a shell of that 2022 team and Makar is having a major down year.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Jets are the best defensive team in the league in terms of GA, but the Canucks and Oilers are both in the top 7 for that metric. All three teams are top 10 in the league in xGA/60, with Winnipeg actually being the worst of the three at 10th.

I have Jets in 6, don't trust Georgiev and the Colorado depth is nowhere near where it used to be.

Just a guess but have you been watching TSN?

BurnabyJoe7

Derek Ryan is a top 6 forward change my mind
Apr 12, 2019
I don't trust Georgie but still have the avs. Likely goes 6 or 7 games and I expect lots of scoring even with Helly on the other side.

I could be wrong and Helly could just steal the series. Jets are very good with taking advantage of their opportunities so will be a good series to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad