Series Talk: WCQF: Winnipeg Jets Vs. Colorado Avalanche (COL lead 3-1)

What's your prediction for the series result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
About time the talking heads start talking about Hellebuycks play off game.
He has been average to junk his last six post season starts. Going 1-5 with a 4.50 gaa. In his one win he gave up a half dozen.
I also remember the Jets out playing the Knights in 2018 seminfinals. But Hellebuyck couldn't give them a save while Fluery stood on his head at the other end. Eliminating the Jets.

Last edited:

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I have shit on Georgiev a lot, especially after game 1. He played great. What he did last night is what the Avalanche have been needing from him for a long time. He deserves praise when he plays well. Hopefully this continues.

Wouldn’t say he deserves praise when you consider both games 1 and 2.

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
The Jets D def has to tighten things up, but Hellebuyck also has not been good enough for the standard he is held to. No doubt he has made some good, timely saves, but at the end of the day the #s are the #s thus far. He has to be better.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Colorado can’t bank on Helle putting up any more showings like that. I remember Vasi looked shaky at the start of the SCF matchup. Then it was a matter of the Avs stepping it up even if their goaltending doesn’t.
I thought he was really good minus one goal where he misplayed the puck.

Avs are an awesome team.

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
1713969587427.gif

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Avs have outplayed the Jets and deserve at least the split IMO....Jets need to win games 2-1 or 3-2 in this series if they are playing their game...Question is can they do that because to this point they have not shown they can.

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
As an Av's fan, it sucks Rantanen missed game 2 ;). Hopefully he shows up the rest of the series.

Reactions: Linds

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
I think we saw Colorado's "A" game last night and it's really good.

I very much disagree. Was nice for them to get depth scoring but they scored 5 without Mack, Makar, or Rantanen tallying a goal. Those guys getting going will be more of their A game.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
MacKinnon and Rantanen haven't even gotten going yet, my guy.

Avs with the last change is going to be huge. Lowry has done a pretty damn good job limiting MacKinnon, I seriously doubt Monahan is going to have the same luck.
They don't need to score to have a good game. Colorado had a very good forecheck with all of their lines and yes and if mack starts filling the net it's going to get ugly. Jets have another gear but who knows if they can get it going.

Reactions: landstuhltaylor

AvalancheRy

Feb 13, 2009
MacKinnon and Rantanen haven't even gotten going yet, my guy.

Avs with the last change is going to be huge. Lowry has done a pretty damn good job limiting MacKinnon, I seriously doubt Monahan is going to have the same luck.
True. And Mittlestadt's line has been very good against Scheifele's line.

Reactions: Team Bring It

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
No Drouin or Girard + Rantanen has been invisible.

There’s another level or two to go.
This is nothing new. Despite his numbers I can't recall a time when Rantanen has consistently taken over playoff games/series. In the Cup year he was invisible for entire series at a time - we won the Blues series on the back of Kadri more than anyone. I say he's been 'ok' thus far and can definitely provide some timely snipes but I get flack from a large portion of the Avs fanbase when I suggest Nichuskin is the more important player. Last night was a prime example.

Unless he really turns it on and is a main reason we move on in some series this year there's no way I feel comfortable paying his demands past this contract. If he does though, I'll be the first to sing his praises - he's just super overrated right now. ESPN commentators were saying he 'looked a little off' last night when it was probably above his average play all season - just goes to show how he's perceived on the outside vs. the reality of his nightly performances. Can't only show up every 5th game.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Rantanen will eventually show up. And even if he doesn't take over, he's going to produce.

Here's a fact some people don't remember (or don't want to remember): he outscored MacKinnon during the cup run.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Unpredictable series. Those who thought Helly not going play any worse after letting in 6 in game 1 were wrong
Not going to make any predictions or make any bets
Just try to watch the games and accept that the better team will win the series

Reactions: GirardSpinorama
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad