Series Talk: WCQF: Winnipeg Jets Vs. Colorado Avalanche (COL lead 3-1)

What's your prediction for the series result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'm honestly completely fine with the game 2 loss. But game 3 the refs stepped in a little to much in some cases. If your gonna let em play, let em play, that's all I ask. Goes both ways. But I admit when your on the end that benefits from it, it's a lot less of an issue to you.
Are you saying they should have not called the blatant trip, the high stick to the face, and the delay of game and "let them play". Come on, those were way too obvious or automatic to not call.

Besides there were missed calls on both sides. For example the Jets' 2nd goal should have never happened because just a few seconds before an Avs player (Lehky I think) had his stick held along the board not allowing him to put pressure on the dman at the blue line. The play should have been dead at the moment and therefore no goal and teams playing 4 vs 4. Instead the play continued and the Jets scored giving them the lead. That was a blatant "holding the stick" infraction. Rantanen, late in the 3rd, got called for holding the stick and that was a LOT more subtle.

My point here is that obvious calls need to be made. Sometimes they are missed. Reffing has been really bad for quite a while in the NHL and it goes both ways.

Reactions: Linds

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Are you saying they should have not called the blatant trip, the high stick to the face, and the delay of game and "let them play". Come on, those were way too obvious or automatic to not call.

Besides there were missed calls on both sides. For example the Jets' 2nd goal should have never happened because just a few seconds before an Avs player (Lehky I think) had his stick held along the board not allowing him to put pressure on the dman at the blue line. The play should have been dead at the moment and therefore no goal and teams playing 4 vs 4. Instead the play continued and the Jets scored giving them the lead. That was a blatant "holding the stick" infraction. Rantanen, late in the 3rd, got called for holding the stick and that was a LOT more subtle.

My point here is that obvious calls need to be made. Sometimes they are missed. Reffing has been really bad for quite a while in the NHL and it goes both ways.

I'm saying if they call one trip, call all trips. If they call one holding the stick, call all holding the sticks. Glad we agree.

Reactions: ERYX

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
I'm saying if they call one trip, call all trips. If they call one holding the stick, call all holding the sticks. Glad we agree.
You seem pretty ok with one side not being called though. That we can all agree on.

• Love
Reactions: Bender

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
They go way back as they played together in the Finnish juniors already.

ifjhkmhas8a91.jpg

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I don't believe Georgiev is liked by his teammates. There have been other instances as well. This even goes back to his Rangers days I believe.

To add to this, several comments have been made by Avs fans observing that the team plays harder for Annunen. This isn’t absolute proof that this is true, although it does add some validity to it. You certainly can’t see this and dismiss the possibility.

SimpleSimon

Nov 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Helle hasn't even been that bad, look at the quality of chances the Avalanche are getting.
True. If you have players moving around the net with multiple passing options and a good passer and set up to take shots at multiple angles at the net, you will have difficulty stopping those shots. Colorado has probably the fastest and best goal scoring group in the league. On the other hand Helle as well as the Jets forwards and defenders defensive tactics have not been up to par, rather they may be having difficulty against these elite Colorado forwards.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
So one of these went our way and the other went your way. Seems fair to me. Glad we agree.
Subject matter of the argument aside - rewording someone’s argument and saying “we agree” - so juvenile, so basic, so AVs fan.

Speaking of Avs fans - where is the game day thread! Get your poop together, inferior crowd noise and atmosphere and inferior hfboard GDT management.

Sad.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Too many people caring about regular season results.

Cup winning teams like this Avs group aren't fazed by a regular season loss or two. There's another gear in the playoffs they know they can reach.

Jets have no match for wave after wave of Avs talent overwhelming them.
Yup. Cup experience even from a few years ago is far more relevant than a mediocre team that overachieved one regular season.

This Jets team isn't much better than the one that limped into the playoffs and got clapped by Vegas last year

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I feel that the Jets will be begging to get out of the Hellebuyck and Scheifele contracts soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad