Series Talk: WCQF: Vegas Golden Knights vs. Chicago Blackhawks. (VGK Win 4-1)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So the main question is which goalie do you start?

On the matchup, Blackhawks do worry me. Toews, Kane and Keith are no slouch when it comes to the playoffs. They have way more cup experience than the Knights. Crawford is pretty good as well.

Knights cannot underestimate them or else they will suffer the same fate as the Oilers.

I have the Knights in 6.

Go Knights Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
So the main question is which goalie do you start?

On the matchup, Blackhawks do worry me. Toews, Kane and Keith are no slouch when it comes to the playoffs. They have way more cup experience than the Knights. Crawford is pretty good as well.

Knights cannot underestimate them or else they will suffer the same fate as the Oilers.

I have the Knights in 6.

Go Knights Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knights have a semblance of a defense. I don't know what you'd call the back end of the Oilers. I guess best way to put it is a bunch of punch watching defenders and a pair of goalies who can't make a big save about as best as I could put it. Not even the best player in a decade can overcome that.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Obviously, anything can happen. But I'd be a lot more concerned if coach Q were still in Chicago.

Gbakchawk coach.gif

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
I think conventional wisdom says Flower gets the nod in game 1 then Panda in 2. No idea what PDB is going to do, but either way, I'm good with it.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I think conventional wisdom says Flower gets the nod in game 1 then Panda in 2. No idea what PDB is going to do, but either way, I'm good with it.

I don't think there is any way the plan is to alternate. I think PDB is going to pick one (hopefully Lehner) and stick with him until said goalie gives him a reason to switch because of poor play.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
With the play of Tuch & Whitecloud, the emergence of Theodore and the additions of Martinez & Lehner this is the most confident I've ever been in the Knights.

I'm scared. :(

I think they can catch the Knights off guard and win a few but come on, if they play the same as they did against the Oilers they're getting run out of the bubble.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

FWIW, talking heads think Lehner gets the nod as he started 2 (of 3) Round Robin games. But PDB indicated that each goalie would get two starts before CQF.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Fwiw the LA Kings had way more cup experience than the Knights team in its first year. But the cup experience from Chicago is still a concern.

This Knights team isn’t inexperienced though.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Wonder if Pete will do:

Tuch-Bill-Stone
Patches-Stephenson-Roy

To get Patches up to speed or back to usual lines for G1. Patches-Bill-Roy worked really well when Stone was out and Patches-Stepho-Stone worked too early on, so chemistry is there.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Whitecloud and Martinez need to come up big on the PK this series. It's the biggest thing Spott & Deboer were supposed to change when they came in.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This might be a different series if Shaw were healthy and being a pain in the blue paint, but hopefully Cousins, Roy & Tuch help grind them into a fine paste.

They can't afford to take the Hawks lightly. People talk about Chicago's experience, but the key difference will be the ones with inexperience like Dach, Nylander, Boqvist vs Whitecloud & Roy (who faced each other in the AHL calder finals a few years ago).

keys to success:
1)stay out of the box
2)punish them as soon as they touch the puck
3)if you can't hit Kane hit the guy thinking about passing to Kane

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
This might be a different series if Shaw were healthy and being a pain in the blue paint, but hopefully Cousins, Roy & Tuch help grind them into a fine paste.

They can't afford to take the Hawks lightly. People talk about Chicago's experience, but the key difference will be the ones with inexperience like Dach, Nylander, Boqvist vs Whitecloud & Roy (who faced each other in the AHL calder finals a few years ago).

keys to success:
1)stay out of the box
2)punish them as soon as they touch the puck
3)if you can't hit Kane hit the guy thinking about passing to Kane

I don't think Boqvist looked like anything special in their series. He would be likely to get burned with a better team playing them now. Dach could show up to play but I highly doubt the team would have issues with Nylander or Boqvist.

I mean, things could happen in a game or two but over a series I think we're fine unless WE do something terribly wrong multiple times in a row. This series is in our hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad