Vancouver def. Nashville 3-2

October 31, 2023
Vancouver def. Nashville 5-2

December 19, 2023
Vancouver def. Nashville - 5-2

Last edited:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
everybody talks about kes but my personal fav memory of the nashville series was us giving them SOB in the offseason and then exploiting him in the playoffs

could schenn or beauve, albeit more indirectly, be our 2024 nashville saboteurs?

ultra7k

Jul 14, 2009
everybody talks about kes but my personal fav memory of the nashville series was us giving them SOB in the offseason and then exploiting him in the playoffs

could schenn or beauve, albeit more indirectly, be our 2024 nashville saboteurs?

Small sample size, and while his regular season play seems to have fallen off in the last couple of years, Beauvillier had decent stats in NYI in the playoffs and was somewhat clutch for them from what I remember.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I fundamentally don't know how to handle myself right now. 2011 was the last time I actually fully paid attention to every game and really cared about the playoffs*. This whole season is so remarkable my brain is having a hard time accepting it happened. It feels like yesterday I was arguing the Kings weren't as good as everyone thought, I think the Kraken might regress, Oilers didn't do anything to improve the team, Flames didn't change anything from last season and all that gives the Canucks a good shot at a wild card spot.

*I moved to Japan in September 2011 and barely watched the bubble playoffs

It's crazy, isn't it? I hadn't watched a full season since 2016 or thereabouts. And I pretty much stopped watching altogether for the last 4-5 years. Our playoff bubble run and the odd games being the only exception. This season? Nearly every game, win or lose. Worked out I had a lot less going on but I genuinely looked forward to every game. It feels like 2011 again even if we're not nearly as hyped.

Sunday can't come fast enough and I'm ready for it! :D

Reactions: Vector

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It's crazy, isn't it? I hadn't watched a full season since 2016 or thereabouts. And I pretty much stopped watching altogether for the last 4-5 years. Our playoff bubble run and the odd games being the only exception. This season? Nearly every game, win or lose. Worked out I had a lot less going on but I genuinely looked forward to every game. It feels like 2011 again even if we're not nearly as hyped.

Sunday can't come fast enough and I'm ready for it! :D

I've been here for every peak and valley since the early 90s. I became a moderator here in 2009 - I moderated the 2011 Cup Run, and I moderated the decade of Jim Benning. I've watched every televised game I can in the good times and the bad.

Getting back into the post season is very, very sweet to me - my two boys have largely grown up not really knowing this team to have any success. I'm excited to share it with them, and I hope we have some good wins to create some good memories...and that the boards don't get too crazy for me to moderate. :laugh:

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
The Athletic's Stanley Cup Tiers.

We assembled a seven-person anonymous panel including an NHL GM, four additional high-level NHL front office executives, one scout and an agent. We asked each person to sort all 16 playoff teams into a Tier from 1 to 5 and tallied the average votes.

• Tier 1: Stanley Cup favorites (top 3-4 teams)
  • Tier 2: Strong Cup contender (High-end contenders just below the inner circle)
  • Tier 3: Dark horse (Solid team that could make a deep run if they got hot, but have glaring question marks/concerns)
  • Tier 4: Long shot (maybe they can get hot and win a round, but they aren’t realistically contending for the Cup)
  • Tier 5: First-round cannon fodder (Should feel lucky just to be in the playoffs)

Vancouver Canucks

Average rating: 3.1

Our panel, except for the GM, wasn’t fully sold on the Canucks as a high-end Stanley Cup contender despite Vancouver finishing second place in the Western Conference.

“If they made it to the (Stanley Cup) Finals, it wouldn’t shock me,” said the GM, who was the lone panelist to rank them in Tier 2.

Executive 2: “I look at the rest of that D core and I’m like Quinn Hughes needs to be a f—ing Bobby Orr for them. I’m not a (Filip) Hronek guy — he did the exact same thing last year, he had an incredibly hot first half of the season and cooled off a bit. Hronek can complement a D very well because he has a lot of good attributes, but Hronek for me is a No. 3/4 (on a Cup contender). I don’t have any faith in Tyler Myers. (Carson) Soucy’s solid, (Ian) Cole’s solid but again I just don’t love this D core.”

Executive 1: “Getting Nashville does help (the Canucks), I think they got the right matchup for the first round, but I don’t see them winning more than a round. The first year in the playoffs is just hard.

“This is how I look at it: Do you like Vancouver (as a favorite) against Dallas? No. Do you like Vancouver (as a favorite) against Winnipeg? Probably not. Do you like Vancouver (as a favorite) against Vegas? No. Do you like Vancouver (as a favorite) against Edmonton? Well, the goalie difference (Thatcher Demko being elite and Stuart Skinner not) makes it pretty even, but I look at McDavid and Draisaitl and think that they find a way. Do you like Vancouver (as a favorite) against L.A.? (The Kings) are as flawed a team as there is and I’m not sure I like Vancouver against L.A. I don’t think Vancouver’s a clear favorite against anybody but Nashville. I’m not a believer yet.”
All of these points are reasonable but I have no idea how you can justify putting Toronto ahead of us

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Nashville has been one of the hottest teams in the league since the middle of February (20-7-3)..This is going to be a tough series for the Canucks to win.

The Preds have been the better team on the runway into the playoffs..(conversely, we didnt have Demko at that time)..Either team winning/losing wouldn't be a shock to anyone..Its that close.

Reactions: Ozone

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

It’s official, bring on the Preds!

View attachment 854265

View attachment 855058
View attachment 855183

Preds Killers:
Quinn Hughes - 13GP, 0G, 20A, 20Pts
Elias Pettersson - 15GP, 10G, 8A, 18Pts
Brock Boeser - 16GP, 6G, 9A, 15Pts

Season Series:
October 24, 2023
Vancouver def. Nashville 3-2

October 31, 2023
Vancouver def. Nashville 5-2

December 19, 2023
Vancouver def. Nashville - 5-2

Need a poll Mr C :nod:

Canucks in 5

Canucks 3 Preds 2
Canucks 4 Preds 1
Preds 3 Canucks 1
Canucks 4 Preds 3
Canucks 3 Preds 2

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I want to see Pettersson get into it. The guy is emotionless. He has no highs and he has no lows. The guy takes being an emotionless Swede to a whole new level - way past that of even the Sedins. I want to see him get pissed when things go wrong, and I want to see him happy as hell when things go right. I want to see J.T. Miller in Pettersson. I think the non-pandemic lockdown playoffs may bring out the best in him.

Reactions: Indiana

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Apparently Brunette was a Canuck killer back when he played. Hopefully that doesn’t translate to coaching

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
He was not Hejduk or Sakic tier.

But yeah, him and Rolston f***ed with this franchise a lot during the 2000s.

Yep. He was one of the most underrated “from the blue paint” scorers during his time. Terrific nose for the net and cashed in on so many rebounds, tips, redirects, and point blank chances.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Yep. He was one of the most underrated “from the blue paint” scorers during his time. Terrific nose for the net and cashed in on so many rebounds, tips, redirects, and point blank chances.
I rememeber getting excited about his exit from Minny and the rumors he was signing with an eastern team in 2005...then the motherf***er decides to join Hejduk and Sakic in Colorado instead.

Also, are we boycotting Memphis Blues for this round?

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I've been here for every peak and valley since the early 90s. I became a moderator here in 2009 - I moderated the 2011 Cup Run, and I moderated the decade of Jim Benning. I've watched every televised game I can in the good times and the bad.

Getting back into the post season is very, very sweet to me - my two boys have largely grown up not really knowing this team to have any success. I'm excited to share it with them, and I hope we have some good wins to create some good memories...and that the boards don't get too crazy for me to moderate. :laugh:

Pretty similar to me, but without the moderating. Although I was more mid-to-late 90s, and recall really getting into the team when Naslund was captain although I watched the earlier 90s games with my dad quite often (although not appreciating it on the same level). Your timeline suggests you are very old, like over 40. Super old. I am 38, much younger.

EDIT: I recall the excitement in 2001 after several years of missing, and that playoff run was my first playoff run at an age where I could actually appreciate it (15). I think we played Colorado and were swept, but everyone seemed very proud of the boys, and I recall them actually playing Colorado quite well despite the sweep. Good memories.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad