Vancouver def. Nashville 5-2

December 19, 2023
Vancouver def. Nashville - 5-2

Last edited:

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Not that I'm rooting against a 16-0 run but I really look forward to a Tocchet post-game presser after a loss.

Seriously though, we've way overachieved this season, to me we're playing with house money. A 1st round exit would suck but it would depend on how we lose for me to worried about it going forward. That said, I do expect us to win :)

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Nashville has pretty good depth scoring but ours is better. In fact we are better in every single area and statistical category. If our pp scores like it usually does against them than this should be a pretty quick series in our favour. On defense is where we really out match them imo, after Josi, nothing special offensively and none are all that great defensively.
I'll give them a game because our PP has been stationary lately. Hopefully not Game 1, because that would be stressful.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
isn't that good?
I guess depends if you wanted Canucks to play against Nashville or be 1st in the West.
Jets game means nothing now. I would have rather played the Kings, but they should beat the Preds. It would have been nice to have home ice in the conference final, but we don't know that the Stars will be there.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
My theory is that they have been holding back their A game power play for the play-offs. We should see a completely different looking power play in the play-offs - ie not stationary.
I think that this team started playing too cautious in front of deSmith and Silovs. They might have been scared of short handed goals.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Nashville has a lot of old favourites of previous and current management teams.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I’m very curious to see what Pettersson shows up. Everything about him screams clutch playoff performer, but will he flip a switch? Man I’m excited

Reactions: supercanuck

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I think this is the best matchup for round 1, though every path is very difficult in the West.

The Preds' underlying numbers have been scorching in the back third of the season, but running through their schedule, I think they are a little juiced up by playing a lot of the bottom-feeder teams in that time, and all their games against Vegas when they were a skeleton crew.

They are a fast pace, high volume chance for/against team. If the Canucks are successful, it will be because the Preds' played right into the Canucks neutral zone structure, got bogged down, and the Canucks counterpunched. If the Canucks can slow the pace down (and they generally have in most games), this should be a good matchup for them.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Think this is going to be alot tougher than folks think. Nashville is a real gud team.

Canucks in 7!
A Norris caliber dman, a Vezina caliber goalie and some solid characters on the team,
A good D group and some guys that can put up points.

If we play well we win with certainty, if we stumble we will be in trouble. This is all about how we play and I’m interested to watch.

I hope Tocchet is whipping up some playoff magic.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Jets game means nothing now. I would have rather played the Kings, but they should beat the Preds. It would have been nice to have home ice in the conference final, but we don't know that the Stars will be there.
Let’s win a round first before we start to worry about home ice in round three. It’s a gauntlet this year and our reward for winning round 1 (if we do) can be Edmonton or Vegas.. round three js a long and hard road.

Reactions: LordBacon

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Vancouver is the biggest mystery in these playoffs, simply because it's been so long since they actually made it.

Teams that break through for the first time, can often go in diametrically opposite directions. Either they compete hard but bow out quickly. Or they get on a roll and score a couple of series upsets.

Tocchet says he isn't concerned about his team lack of playoff experience. But history shows that battle-hardened playoff experience does matter.

I know that teams are winning the Stanley Cup these days with pretty pedestrian goaltending. But that won't be the case with the Canucks. They'll go as far as Demko can carry them.

Reactions: Indiana

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I don’t think the series will be easy—but if the Canucks are truly the team they believe they are, they should be able to win this series.

I think we are really going to notice the size and physicality of Zadorov, Soucy, Hronek, Cole, and Juulsen on Nashville’s forwards—and I think we have the forward depth to win any matchup at home or on the road. Keep up the strong 1st periods and they should have a clear path to victory in each game.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
My theory is that they have been holding back their A game power play for the play-offs. We should see a completely different looking power play in the play-offs - ie not stationary.
LMAO.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Prediction: Canucks in 6.

I keep saying this, hoping that it will come true, but his is where EP truly breaks out. He just needs to start using his wrist shot, and snap it top corner again (health permitting).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad