October 31, 2023
Vancouver def. Nashville 5-2

December 19, 2023
Vancouver def. Nashville - 5-2

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

3 times Canucks ties game with less than 10 seconds left in playoff game.

can someone please show me how to post a tweet on this like DFAC did? thanks.

Remove “x” and replace it with “Twitter” when linking it.

There’s another glitch on mobile where if you embed/link a tweet and include text or another tweet, it are Ms the embedding sync you have to edit the post after the fact go fix it. This is why I mostly do one tweet per post now.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Would be incredible to close this out at home in 5. Save the boys some travel and get a few extra days of rest which they probably need including some of our best players.

Won't be easy though as we haven't really played that well last couple games and Nashville will obviously be desperate.

Now would be the time for Petey to show up.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Petey is due for a goal. I don't believe he can go goaless for this long. hes due for a multi point night. I sense it. i feel it.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Let's face it, the Canucks have horseshoes up their ying-yang, being up 3-1 in this series.

Hands up anyone who predicted that if Demko went down after game #1; and then DeSmith in game #3; that the Canucks would still be in the position they're in with basically their third goalie in the organization?

So better make the most of it tonight.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Let's face it, the Canucks have horseshoes up their ying-yang, being up 3-1 in this series.

Hands up anyone who predicted that if Demko went down after game #1; and then DeSmith in game #3; that the Canucks would still be in the position they're in with basically their third goalie in the organization?

So better make the most of it tonight.

Counterpoint: maybe the fact they've won 3 games with their #1, #2, and #3 goalies is more indicative of them being a very good team with depth rather than being a lucky one.

The two goals they scored in the final 3 minutes of game 4 were directly the result of their top players making highly skilled plays, not luck. Both the goal by Boeser to tie it up and Lindholm's OT winner can also clearly be attributed to bad defense on Nashville's part.

But I agree that the Canucks need to end the series tonight for a whole bunch of reasons.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

afrocentric

Apr 29, 2010
Said this in the PGT but wants to copy it over to Series talk:

Hronek makes extremely questionable decisions, at least 3 per game it seems. Whether its an ill advised reverse pass to Hughes with the forecheck bearing down on them, a horribly timed shot that doesn't hit the net, or an awful pinch at a critical time (which he did again yesterday but did well to recover.)

I've been saying/thinking this for a bit, but this team seems to love trying to always pick the corners, it leads to a ton of missed nets that either kill the O-zone pressure, and we need to regroup or worse, leads to odd man rushes going the other way.

The low to high point shot is all well and good as a strategy, but not as your ONLY strategy and certainly not if you're going to be hulk smashing the puck every time wide. I'd rather it be accurate to cause havoc in the scoring areas then blast a hole through the net.

It's good to see they are starting to utilize a bit of below the goal line pressure for offence, but it still doesn't erase some of the boneheaded decision making that some of these players make trying to pick a corner at all times.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
Boeser is a streak scorer and if you look at the streaks, he goes cold after missing 1 or 2 great chances...hope that great chance last night isn't the start of his next cold spell.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Its too bad the goal was called on ice the way it was, because if the Preds challenged it they would probably lose. I think it was so close that it wouldnt be overturned one way and the other

For that reason I support the decision not to challenge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad