Series Talk: WCQF: Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators (VAN Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Canucks in 4

Votes: 30 4.2%
  • Canucks in 5

Votes: 111 15.5%
  • Canucks in 6

Votes: 242 33.9%
  • Canucks in 7

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Predators in 4

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Predators in 5

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Predators in 6

Votes: 127 17.8%
  • Predators in 7

Votes: 97 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
The Regular season means little, I guarantee all game in a potential Carolina/NYR series will be a hard nosed tilt, that was also the only game decided by more than a goal, the last 1-0 game was Guentzels first game as a Cane on the second half of a B2B....

That's a series I bet goes 6 or 7 and I'm not jinxing it by calling a winner.
Both teams were on a b2b in that game, the rangers had some absurd record in those like 11-1-0 or something.

Yes, should be a tight close series. I feel excellent about my team’s chances.

Back to this thread, though. Sorry for the Canucks fans, losing a great goalie to injury at the beginning kf the playoffs is a f***ing dagger. Demko deserves the appreciation he got this year, and it will be tough to overcome his absence.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Both teams were on a b2b in that game, the rangers had some absurd record in those like 11-1-0 or something.

Yes, should be a tight close series. I feel excellent about my team’s chances.

Back to this thread, though. Sorry for the Canucks fans, losing a great goalie to injury at the beginning kf the playoffs is a f***ing dagger. Demko deserves the appreciation he got this year, and it will be tough to overcome his absence.
Par for the course, it is what it is. Tough league to win games when your goalie and top forward are both out.

(I know Pettersson isn't actually out, but he might as well be)

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
What was up with Hughes just holding the puck behind his own net for the entire final 30 seconds of the 2nd period, right after the Canucks just had a PP killed? You don't really see that in the regular season unless it's the end of the game and your team is winning...seemed like he was just waving a white flag with a period left to go. Kind of a head scratcher :huh:
he was on the ice for so long during the PP and was tired.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
What was up with Hughes just holding the puck behind his own net for the entire final 30 seconds of the 2nd period, right after the Canucks just had a PP killed? You don't really see that in the regular season unless it's the end of the game and your team is winning...seemed like he was just waving a white flag with a period left to go. Kind of a head scratcher :huh:

He's been staying out for almost the entire two minutes lately, and Nashville had the neutral zone clogged up. My guess is he knew they didn't have time to get anything going and didn't want to risk a bad read because he's dead tired.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
That's a courageous PO road win. Nashville wanted a win on the road, and they got it.

Nashville won home ice advantage and now the pressure is on the Canucks.
The Preds lost their previous 10 road playoff games. Maybe their luck is changing?

I hope that Demko can return.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Losing Demko sucks a lot. But we are going to have to deal with it. I don't think Silvos is the answer and he will probably have to wait for a bad game out of DeSmith to see some action. He had a crappy 1st goal but what can you do. He could have also played the 2nd goal better but even then.
This isn't the time to come up with excuses it's time to come up with solutions.

Last night was a hard game to watch. So many blocked shots ( Give Nashville a lot of credit they did a great job ) Too many extra pass's and missed nets. Petey needs to shoot the damn puck! and Hit the damn net! .

On to the next game. No need to panic yet. It's a 1-1 series and I said from the start that this was going to be closer than most people thought. Just gotta keep the pressure on and play our game.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Losing Demko sucks a lot. But we are going to have to deal with it. I don't think Silvos is the answer and he will probably have to wait for a bad game out of DeSmith to see some action. He had a crappy 1st goal but what can you do. He could have also played the 2nd goal better but even then.
This isn't the time to come up with excuses it's time to come up with solutions.

Last night was a hard game to watch. So many blocked shots ( Give Nashville a lot of credit they did a great job ) Too many extra pass's and missed nets. Petey needs to shoot the damn puck! and Hit the damn net! .

On to the next game. No need to panic yet. It's a 1-1 series and I said from the start that this was going to be closer than most people thought. Just gotta keep the pressure on and play our game.
I don't think we need Demko to win this series but imo we need to start Silovs game two. CDS or Silovs have a team in front of them that has been excellent defensively for months now and have allowed almost nothing through two games and to see 3 very stoppable pucks go in on 13 shots and on the first shot is unacceptable.

The entire forward group looks off and I wonder how many are dealing with what Myers is dealing with because even Quinn looks like he's skating in mud , they just look off.

That being said it's clear they play scared to make a mistake with CDS and make the safe play every single time.

The reason I start Silovs is if CDS shits the bed again then your throwing Silovs in down 2-1 and basically the season on the line.

No need for panic yet as bad as we played a few bounces and a save and we're up 2-0.

It's also time to load up the top six, Nashville has a top line and not much else, unite the best third line in hockey and unite the lotto line and put Hogz with Lindholm and Mikheyev or Podz.

ChuckFanForever

Jun 5, 2011
Well, at least there are 5 teams in worse positions than the Canucks right now:
Stars: (0-2)
Caps: (0-2)
Islanders: (0-2)
Lightning: (0-2)
Leafs: (1-2)

And 2 teams in the same situation:
Jets: (1-1)
Oilers: (1-1)

3 teams with the same record (but have 2 home games coming up):
Avs: (1-1)
Predators: (1-1)
Kings: (1-1)

Only 5 teams doing better than the Canucks so far:
Bruins: (2-1)
Canes: (2-0)
Rangers: (2-0)
Knights: (2-0)
Florida: (2-0)

Last edited:

JohnWillow

May 27, 2015
Getting flashback from the 13/14 season Tampa Bay Lightning team.

Main goalkeeper gets injured and is out for the series - Canucks (Demko) Lightning (Bishop). Back-up becomes the number one in the playoffs and he does not well - Canucks (DeSmith) Lightning (Lindback). 3rd goalie is unknown Latvian with almost no NHL experience - Canucks (Šilovs) Lightning (Gudļevskis).

If Cooper would put Gudļevskis faster in the net Lightning would not get swept by Montreal.

To recap - Canucks lose to Predators if they ride with DeSmith. Šilovs gives them the best chance. I don't make the rules.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Most people were thinking that Saros was being shopped but Nashville’s front office has denied that. That was mostly media driven narrative.
Yeah Saros wasn't "shopped" but Trotz did listen to offers for him, and reportedly asked for the an extreme return which no one was willing to give.

Reactions: Armourboy

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
When people said that the Canucks PDO was going to turn, is this what they meant?

1714058862323.png

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Yeah Saros wasn't "shopped" but Trotz did listen to offers for him, and reportedly asked for the an extreme return which no one was willing to give.
Any GM in the league would have listened to offers for any player especially one on an expiring contract. Trotz was right to set a high price given Saros position.

Reactions: PredsV82

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Getting flashback from the 13/14 season Tampa Bay Lightning team.

Main goalkeeper gets injured and is out for the series - Canucks (Demko) Lightning (Bishop). Back-up becomes the number one in the playoffs and he does not well - Canucks (DeSmith) Lightning (Lindback). 3rd goalie is unknown Latvian with almost no NHL experience - Canucks (Šilovs) Lightning (Gudļevskis).

If Cooper would put Gudļevskis faster in the net Lightning would not get swept by Montreal.

To recap - Canucks lose to Predators if they ride with DeSmith. Šilovs gives them the best chance. I don't make the rules.

Vancouver was clearly superior in Game2, so saying they are done in case DeSmith falters in Game3 and they do decide to go to Šilovs is... a bit dramatic?

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
The Canucks have done all the right things both games, they were unlucky to not win game 1 by more, and they were unlucky to lose game 2.

If they keep playing this way, they have a good chance at winning, to say the Predators have control of the series because they got extremely lucky to win game 2 is silly.

• Haha
Reactions: Regal and beardawg

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
4 of 6 in the series so far by not much else. Forsberg and RoR each have 1G

Both Zucker and Beauvillier have 1G 1A each so far though. Seems like a well invested 5th and 6th round pick so far.
I was hoping for a Playoff Beaver...since we sent the Avs our used up Playoff Joey

• Haha
Reactions: SouthNash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad