Series Talk: WCQF: Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators (VAN Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Canucks in 4

Votes: 30 4.2%
  • Canucks in 5

Votes: 111 15.5%
  • Canucks in 6

Votes: 242 33.9%
  • Canucks in 7

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Predators in 4

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Predators in 5

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Predators in 6

Votes: 127 17.8%
  • Predators in 7

Votes: 97 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
kind of agree, if vancouver wants to have any chance in the series they need to break that up asap
It’s the same against LA, speed is king and Vancouver isn’t a fast team. They need to find a way to enter the zone and get shots on net before Nashville sets up. Quick/speedy zone entries is key to play against that style

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I picked Nashville to win in 7 with Demko in net. But now that Demko is out, Nashville will for sure win this series. Saros is just so good. Can't believe Nashville was actually shopping to move him earlier this year.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I picked Nashville to win in 7 with Demko in net. But now that Demko is out, Nashville will for sure win this series. Saros is just so good. Can't believe Nashville was actually shopping to move him earlier this year.
He hasn't been that great this season and frankly last night was probably the best game he's had in a while. That said if he gets hot we won't need more than 1-2 goals a game, we just haven't really seen that out of him this season.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
It’s not common to have a game like last night where both fanbases sit back and go “what in the f*** was that?”

Post about why Hughes had the puck for so long and a response about how Hughes is going to have the puck less? :huh:
I meant his puck possession in the regular season compared to the playoffs. It’s a different game. He’s going to have players in his face all the time, he’s going to have to adjust his game or he’s going to end up committing a lot of turnovers.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Honestly reminds me of Colorados first playoffs during the Mackinnon era. A lot of inexperience showing in the Canucks core

Pettersson is 25, Miller is 31, Hughes is 24. Boeser is 27, Garland same.

What inexperience? Other teams have been roasted for their playoff performances with younger cores.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Is 24 and 25 old now?

And inexperience of playing in the playoffs. This is their first real experience. Look at the oilers and avs and how the core doesn’t figure it out instantly.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Is 24 and 25 old now?

And inexperience of playing in the playoffs. This is their first real experience. Look at the oilers and avs and how the core doesn’t figure it out instantly.

When it comes to hockey yes it is. 80% of players do not play past age 31. 24-28 are considered prime years for most players.

What does age have to do with anything? Outside of miller all of those guys have just played in that one weird Covid bubble playoff.

Because these are not rookies on their ELC's learning the league. As you already stated these players have experience in the bubble and some members of the team have gone deep on other teams.

Pettersson is tied for the 4th highest paid player in the league next season. This is not "aww shucks" time anymore. When he chokes like he did last night that is not a good look

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Van should have played Silovs in Demko's absence, their other alternative doesn't have enough upside and had meltdown issues even during the RS.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
When it comes to hockey yes it is. 80% of players do not play past age 31. 24-28 are considered prime years for most players.

Because these are not rookies on their ELC's learning the league. As you already stated these players have experience in the bubble and some members of the team have gone deep on other teams.

Pettersson is tied for the 4th highest paid player in the league next season. This is not "aww shucks" time anymore. When he chokes like he did last night that is not a good look
People overrate playoff experience

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Most people were thinking that Saros was being shopped but Nashville’s front office has denied that. That was mostly media driven narrative.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Van should have played Silovs in Demko's absence, their other alternative doesn't have enough upside and had meltdown issues even during the RS.
Neither demko or Desmith can score goals. Van’s problem last night was a massive failure of execution starting with Petey and going all the way through the lineup

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
People overrate playoff experience
What lol.....that is ridiculous. You ask any successful athlete, experience is huge in any sport. Its the difference between winning and losing more often than not. If anything its underrated.

You watch JT Millers interview last night? He's not a great example (he's not inexperienced) but he seems deflated after 2 games and their first loss. If he is acting that way....can you imagine that dressing room. That interview is hard to watch.

Players that fold in the playoffs because they can't handle the pressure, the stakes are high, ebs and flows, everything is ramped up. Players don't lose their skill, they lose their mental game.......that is experience.

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
Van could be in trouble without Demko (goes without saying). But what team wouldn't be without their vezina caliber netminder, aside from the Bruins? Changes the dynamic of the team, even if they didn't score enough last night to win regardless.
Missing Anderson probably wouldn't hurt the Canes until the last 2 rounds.... but all goalies get a boost in our end because of how we control possession.

Reactions: ZYXWVUT

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Missing Anderson probably wouldn't hurt the Canes until the last 2 rounds.... but all goalies get a boost in our end because of how we control possession.
You think having a bad goalie wouldnt hurt against the Rangers in round 2?

Ok.

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
You think having a bad goalie wouldnt hurt against the Rangers in round 2?

Ok.
Kochetkov is pretty good, and we definitely went seven against them with Raanta a few years back (definitely lost us the series though with softies)

He's a lot better than anyone the Nucks have not named Demko.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240424_132357_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_132357_Chrome.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Three On Zero

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I'm far more confident in the Canucks chances of winning this series after last nights game than I was heading into it. I thought the Canucks looks excellent, much better than game 1. If they miss 3 wide open nets, defer on 4 or 5 more, and hit 3 posts each game, they won't win, but I thought they played a real good game. Nashville did an outstanding job of blocking shots, I think they had about 40, that is gonna take areal toll. I trust the Canucks Skill players will adjust.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Kochetkov is pretty good, and we definitely went seven against them with Raanta a few years back (definitely lost us the series though with softies)

He's a lot better than anyone the Nucks have not named Demko.
Well kochetkov did start in the canes sole win against the rangers this year, but it was during january which is the only month of the season the Rangers weren’t blistering hot and instead sucked goat balls

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'm far more confident in the Canucks chances of winning this series after last nights game than I was heading into it. I thought the Canucks looks excellent, much better than game 1. If they miss 3 wide open nets, defer on 4 or 5 more, and hit 3 posts each game, they won't win, but I thought they played a real good game. Nashville did an outstanding job of blocking shots, I think they had about 40, that is gonna take areal toll. I trust the Canucks Skill players will adjust.
I don't think that will be Nashville's blueprint at home. That was a road game rope a dope.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I don't think that will be Nashville's blueprint at home. That was a road game rope a dope.
I don't think it was their game plan last night either. They gave up a ton of scoring chances that the Canucks rarely miss. It was less rope a dope and more getting outplayed. Series should probably be 1-1, but I think both teams were better in the games they lost.

That's beside the point though, I'm just confident in the Canucks chances from here if they play like that the rest of the series.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
What lol.....that is ridiculous. You ask any successful athlete, experience is huge in any sport. Its the difference between winning and losing more often than not. If anything its underrated.

You watch JT Millers interview last night? He's not a great example (he's not inexperienced) but he seems deflated after 2 games and their first loss. If he is acting that way....can you imagine that dressing room. That interview is hard to watch.

Players that fold in the playoffs because they can't handle the pressure, the stakes are high, ebs and flows, everything is ramped up. Players don't lose their skill, they lose their mental game.......that is experience.
Blues won a cup after winning 3 rounds in 3 years
LA won a cup after winning 2 rounds in 9 years
Carolina won a cup after missing the playoffs two years prior
Chicago won a cup after missing the playoffs 9 years out of 11 and having 2 series wins in 13 years
Nashville hasn't won a playoffs series since 2018

Experience helps you going knowing it's a 7 game series and to not focus too heavily on a loss, but in the grand scheme it's heavily overrated. There are a lot more important factors at play that'll help you go far. A good leadership group/locker room mentality will trump playoff experience any day

Millers dejection was less about losing and more about how the team around him went from a dominant force in the regular season to now piling up injuries when they need to be healthy the most.

Last edited:

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
Well kochetkov did start in the canes sole win against the rangers this year, but it was during january which is the only month of the season the Rangers weren’t blistering hot and instead sucked goat balls
The Regular season means little, I guarantee all game in a potential Carolina/NYR series will be a hard nosed tilt, that was also the only game decided by more than a goal, the last 1-0 game was Guentzels first game as a Cane on the second half of a B2B....

That's a series I bet goes 6 or 7 and I'm not jinxing it by calling a winner.

Reactions: Three On Zero
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad