GDT: WCQF Vancouver at Predators, Joshua Tree vs The Cult. Friday, April 26, 4:30 PM Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
Get it together. Things aren't that bad.

Get what together? Lmao this a sports forum where we talk sh!t.

My life is great, but as far as hockey goes does anybody really think we're going far with petterson playing like this? He demanded a winning team and then completely shit the bed.

That's the narrative right now, unless your completely delusional.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Its always gotta be on the top guys.

You cant blame Suter and Hoglander for not producing when they are getting like 1m per.

afrocentric

Apr 29, 2010
The offensive scheme both 5 on 5 and PP are just so tired and predictable.

Gain zone - drop to point - take point shot and hope for a tip.

Can we try the downlow play a little more on the PP? Or the Hyman treatment from the hattrick goal the other night where he makes a 3 foot target for McDavid by putting his skates together and stick in a straight line and angling it to the net.

That being said unfortunately our team has an issue hitting the net to begin with... just get some greasy goals please.

This scheme is getting so old.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I’m not seeing a lack of effort from anyone, some guys are just struggling

I totally agree. I'm actually surprised by some of the commenters here. The doom and gloom is ridiculous. Vancouver lost game 2 but completely controlled the game from start to finish. A cpl of bounces our way and that game has a different outcome. That's the way it goes sometimes but to say there is a lack of effort from those players is a pretty immature take on the series so far.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
I totally agree. I'm actually surprised by some of the commenters here. The doom and gloom is ridiculous. Vancouver lost game 2 but completely controlled the game from start to finish. A cpl of bounces our way and that game has a different outcome. That's the way it goes sometimes but to say there is a lack of effort from those players is a pretty immature take on the series so far.
Yup, our board did a better hatchet job last night than our "haters" around the league. :laugh:

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Its always gotta be on the top guys.

You cant blame Suter and Hoglander for not producing when they are getting like 1m per.
Suter has been one of our better players I don’t get the hate on this board for him. Yes he missed that glorious chance in third period but he has 6 shots with a goal while averaging 12 mins per game. Zadorov, Hughes, Suter, Joshua have 20 of our 39 shots.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
1) game day they find out #1 goalie is out for the game and the series
2) a D that you rely on for minute munching and size (Myers) is out sick
3) don't know how many others on the team were sick but "able to play" last night

Amazed they played as well as they did overall, and once they "nuckle down" with their shots, they'll succeed.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Suter has been one of our better players I don’t get the hate on this board for him. Yes he missed that glorious chance in third period but he has 6 shots with a goal while averaging 12 mins per game. Zadorov, Hughes, Suter, Joshua have 20 of our 39 shots.

Yep. Our depth guys are showing up - our big guns need to start breaking through.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
If we can’t score more than one goal a game..and can’t convert anything on the PP ..we’re not winning…Simple as that.

And again, De Smith did not lose us that game last night..Demko has been really solid,but he’s also let in a softy in every game…Tough spot for De Smith though, as Soros has usually been the best goalie on the ice for the last half of the Preds season.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Your effort has me concerned since we have heavily invested in you.
I'll heavily ingest you

Miller - MIA
Boeser - MIA
Hoglander - MIA

Lack of effort and goal scoring by these guys. Everyone craps on Pettersson but these three, where have they been?
Hoglander is young and in his first playoffs.

Boeser and Miller have had effort imo. I think goals will come.

• Love
Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

“Lack of effort” is always the laziest and most worthless take.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I’m not seeing a lack of effort from anyone, some guys are just struggling

Pettersson on the two goals that were on him yesterday were definitely caused by lack of effort. You decide to be soft for even a moment and it can cost you.

But yes, overall, I don't see effort as a concern whatsoever. Mostly just lack of execution and perhaps a general lack of talent.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Get what together? Lmao this a sports forum where we talk sh!t.

My life is great, but as far as hockey goes does anybody really think we're going far with petterson playing like this? He demanded a winning team and then completely shit the bed.

That's the narrative right now, unless your completely delusional.
This is my narrative right now.

It's too early for all of the doom and gloom. We absolutely dominated the Preds last night but they got the lucky bounces — we didn't. That's the way it goes sometimes. We're not down in the series. It's tied. If we keep playing the way we did last night we got this. The Canucks are the better team, and If we can solve their shot-blocking even just a little, again, we got this. This is where the coaching staff needs to come up with a plan that curtails Nashville's shot-blocking prowess, and I am confident that they will.

I got a good feeling about Demko and I base that on the fact that he finished game one and skated the next day. However, the rest of my opinion is based purely on intuition.

We should support Petey, not condemn him. Yes, he is struggling, but when people in all walks of life struggle they gain strength from the people around them who support them. That's what we need to do with Petey. He chose to make Vancouver his home and we should remember that. He is one of us, and I firmly believe that he will come around.

Reactions: alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad