GDT: WCQF Vancouver at Predators, Joshua Tree vs The Cult. Friday, April 26, 4:30 PM Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
WHEN: Friday, April 26th, 4:30PM PST
WHERE: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee
TV: CBC/Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

BB - "That's not a team, it's a cult" when describing the NJDevils.

Series
Tied 1-1

At a guess just for now;

Canucks Line-Up:

Suter-Miller-Boeser
Hoglander/Podkolzin-Pettersson-Lafferty
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Di Giuseppe-Blueger-Mikheyev

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Cole

DeSmith

The Cult's Likely Line-Up:

Forsberg-O’Reilly-Nyquist
Jankowski-Sissons-Zucker
Beauvillier-Novak-Evangelista
Smith-McCarron-Sherwood

McDonagh-Josi
Lauzon-Carrier
Stastney-Schenn

Saros

Last edited:

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Pretty much a must win. This is the pivotal game of the series. I don't see them winning 3 of 4 without Demko if they go down here.

If they can somehow go up 3-1 and head back to Rogers Arena for Game 5, I think we can close them out within 7. After that, we don't have a hope in hell of beating any of the remaining teams without Demko.

2nd round exit feels like a letdown, but let's be honest here - they were never expected to compete, and the 1st half of the season was an aberration. This is a 5th or 6th seeded team that overachieved. They don't have the horses to truly compete, and they can't stay healthy.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Honestly, I would replace E4P0 on the PP with Lindholm. He had a lot success from that spot during his time in Calgary.

Would put Petey in the press box. Patience, encouragement and the fan support isn't enough to get his feet moving so maybe it's time for some self reflection.

He is quickly becoming our higher paid PLD without the size.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Really think it's time to stop looking back at 2020 as a measure of what the core could do in the playoffs. The "playoffs" in August and September 2020 was basically scrimmage hockey where you had slow guys like Klingberg, Bailey and Kevin Hayes put up decent point totals. Hell, even PLD looked like a superstar.

Reactions: Indiana

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Really think it's time to stop looking back at 2020 as a measure of what the core could do in the playoffs. The "playoffs" in August and September 2020 was basically scrimmage hockey where you had slow guys like Klingberg, Bailey and Kevin Hayes put up decent point totals. Hell, even PLD looked like a superstar.
You can't change some peoples minds.

Ive been telling them whats staring them point blank in front of them and they refuse to see it.

Reactions: theguardianII

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Honestly, I would replace E4P0 on the PP with Lindholm. He had a lot success from that spot during his time in Calgary.

Would put Petey in the press box. Patience, encouragement and the fan support isn't enough to get his feet moving so maybe it's time for some self reflection.

He is quickly becoming our higher paid PLD without the size.

That would turn a bad situation into an outright disaster. We can't go that route.

Even if he deserves to sit for a game, the media would whip that into a frenzy. It would overshadow the Demko injury and cause unnecessary drama.

I'm as frustrated with the guy as anyone else, believe me. But he has to remain in the lineup and work through this, or be allowed to fail.

Reactions: Indiana

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
That would turn a bad situation into an outright disaster. We can't go that route.

Even if he deserves to sit for a game, the media would whip that into a frenzy. It would overshadow the Demko injury and cause unnecessary drama.

I'm as frustrated with the guy as anyone else, believe me. But he has to remain in the lineup and work through this, or be allowed to fail.
One more game like that and he may need a year of therapy. Also have to consider what it's doing to him as a person.

A part of hockey that's often overlooked is determination/mental toughness. The ability to disconnect from the noise around you and elevate your game when it's most needed. Thats the skill a lot of winners have. EP does not have that skill.

He looked like a gamebreaker in his first 2 seasons.

Cool. That's not who he is now and we have this version of him NOW. We need him to win NOW. We need his to elevate his game NOW. Not 2-3 years ago.

He wanted the be the man. Now he has to embrace everything that comes along with that role. Not just the fame and money. He is trending towards PLD more than he is trending towards a P Kane or Mack.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
One more game like that and he may need a year of therapy. Also have to consider what it's doing to him as a person.

A part of hockey that's often overlooked is determination/mental toughness. The ability to disconnect from the noise around you and elevate your game when it's most needed. Thats the skill a lot of winners have. EP does not have that skill.

Cool. That's not who he is now and we have this version of him NOW. We need him to win NOW. We need hi to elevate his game NOW. Not 2-3 years ago.

He wanted the be the man. Now he has to embrace everything that comes along with that role. Not just the fame and money
He just turned 25 this year. You re being so emotional over a bad stretch of play.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
He just turned 25 this year. You re being so emotional over a bad stretch of play.
I have zero emotional attachment to the players unlike many here which is why I am able to call it like it is.

1) He is physically weak.
2) He has a lot of ups and downs.
3) He is unable to elevate his game when we need him.
4) His on ice demeanor when something goes wrong is simply embarrassing for him and the team.
5) He is being paid to carry a line. Not need people to carry him.

Thats what everybody is seeing on the ice. Trade him as soon as possible.

This is your leader:

EPASS.PNG

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
I have zero emotional attachment to the players unlike many here which is why I am able to call it like it is.

4) His on ice demeanor when something goes wrong is simply embarrassing for him and the team.

This is your leader:

View attachment 858830
Ya you don’t seem emotional at all 😂

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
He looked like a gamebreaker in his first 2 seasons. His shot was superior and he seemed to have more speed.

haven't seen him shoot like that in a while

it was a lethal part of his game that he just isn't utilizing over these past couple months. really think he needs to simplify his game to rip pucks when he has an open lane to the net rather than constantly looking for an empty net tap-in.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

This is your leader:

View attachment 858830
Hot take: Rather than get bent over in a trade maybe have him work with a sports psychologist and keep the PPG+ center.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Hot take: Rather than get bent over in a trade maybe have him work with a sports psychologist and keep the PPG+ center.
Does a PPG C during the regular season who is unable to elevate his game during the playoffs really mean that much to all of you?

Been watching the Canucks since 1998. I am over regular season success and points.

Ive been a Miller cheerleader, but he also looks like total ass so far.

Reactions: AzNightmare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad