GDT: WCQF Game 7: Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
This broadcast reminds me a lot of playing the ea nhl series online back in the day and suffering heavy “lag”.

Reactions: Jeremy Hronek

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
I think we can all remember watching this on Versus!

What a joke. Sportsnet has been a f***ing embarrassment throughout this whole situation and not even having the CBC feed for one of the biggest games in franchise history just goes to show what morons run that network.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Crawford was nuts wow I forgot how good he was lol

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
And Crawford was in his rookie season, right? Sigh....if only our defense had stayed healthy till the end. And Kesler, and Henrik...I guess it's amazing we made it to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup.

Onwards and upwards....Washington and St. Louis finally did it.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
And Crawford was in his rookie season, right? Sigh....if only our defense had stayed healthy till the end. And Kesler, and Henrik...I guess it's amazing we made it to Game 7 of the Stanley Cup.

Onwards and upwards....Washington and St. Louis finally did it.

Losing Samuelsson early in Round 2 was a tough one, too. He really shined bright during those “trench warfare” type games where scrums broke out all over the ice.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
The difference between that team and our team now:

- No dead weight on the roster. We need to lose guys like Eriksson, Beagle, Sutter, etc. The closest thing they had was Ballard, but made up for it with several below average contracts.

- Top notch PKers and defensive forwards. Kesler, Hansen, Burrows... We don’t have that.

- A deeper blue line top to bottom.

- An actual defensive system.

Something to strive towards I guess. Can’t build a team over night.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
You can watch the whole VS broadcast on YouTube:

Wow.

I've enjoyed watching this team the year and realize the core is young but watching both those teams really puts things into perspective. That team back then was faster, smarter and more physical. They actually played as a unit out there and woah...they could sustain possession in the offensive zone and actual stood up to protect their blue line. Just night and day compared to this current team/system.

Imagine a EP, Horvat, Miller or Hughes on that roster and playing that style of hockey.

I love watching Hughes, but man that defense just wrecks this current group.

Reactions: The Vasili Jerry

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I can't believe we allowed that short-handed goal that late in a crucial game! Burr to the rescue!

Anyway, that team was amazing I can't believe we didn't win the cup with that core....

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I can't believe we allowed that short-handed goal that late in a crucial game! Burr to the rescue!

Anyway, that team was amazing I can't believe we didn't win the cup with that core....
I'm always amazing at how stacked some of those Canuck/Chicago teams were. Those series were basically like the WCF for a few years

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
It is criminal how that 2009-2012 core didn't come away with at least one cup. Way too unfortunate that the Hawks and Kings rose as well during that era.

2009 is still the year that got away. Sundin was heating up in the 2nd round and the team was scoring. Luongo and the D were shakey though but the team was holding up well until game 4 and then it totally went downhill after that Havlat goal. Kanes 7-5 goal was a thing of beauty but Luongo f***ing sucked in game 5 and 6.

Too bad they didn't hold onto the lead in game 4 of round 2. They would have matched up well against the Red Wings.

2010 was the Hawks year.

2011. Tampa should have won the ECF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad