GDT: WCQF Game 5: Coyotes @ Avalanche | 2:30 PM | FSAZ | 8/19

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I checked in for surgery today at noon. Had my surgery and in recovery. Missed entire game obviously. Just got my phone and checked the score and I am totally flabbergasted. Is this real life?

FIRE AND TRADE. RAZE IT ALL This can’t be real
You're lucky you were knocked out in wonderland during this. But best of all health to you, bro!

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I checked in for surgery today at noon. Had my surgery and in recovery. Missed entire game obviously. Just got my phone and checked the score and I am totally flabbergasted. Is this real life?

FIRE AND TRADE. RAZE IT ALL This can’t be real

It's not real. Just the morphine playing tricks on your mind.

(I'm hoping I'll wake up and realize I was just dreaming)

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Craig loves jumping on these stories like it’s not true of every team in the league. Every team has this. It’s not an excuse. Not ever.
Craig isn't giving an excuse. If anything he's telling us what the teams excuse was. "Oh, this guy was injured, this guy was banged up" I don't take it as the reporter giving excuses, it's just the facts. Do guys play hurt? Yes, of course. But good teams pull through that. Rick couldn't deal with it.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
He just sounds mad being asked that kind of question. I would be too. But it's not an honest answer.

It was a good question and it comes from wearing the C. Even though OEL is a veteran he's a rookie when it comes to wearing a C. So hopefully he learns from it.

Reactions: KG

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Craig isn't giving an excuse. If anything he's telling us what the teams excuse was. "Oh, this guy was injured, this guy was banged up" I don't take it as the reporter giving excuses, it's just the facts. Do guys play hurt? Yes, of course. But good teams pull through that. Rick couldn't deal with it.

Tocchett said it wasn't an excuse either.

Reactions: Naych_PHX

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
It was a good question and it comes from wearing the C. Even though OEL is a veteran he's a rookie when it comes to wearing a C. So hopefully he learns from it.

You're making excuses for his excuses. :nod:

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Amazing that Dvo with a separated shoulder since the middle of the NSH series was still apparently better than a full strength Hayton in Toc’s eyes. What kind of distorted world are you living in? Play the top prospect that’s healthy instead of the guy not able to be effective with a separated shoulder! Ffs.

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Tocchett said it wasn't an excuse either.
And it's usually not. Especially this series. Was the defense all playing with a sprained ankle? 7-1 two games in a row. Most important games in 8 years. Let that sink in. Morgan didn't even say anything disparaging, just what he heard. It's common for injuries to come out after a series is ended. Why is that infuriating?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
ABSOLUTELY EMBARRASSING.

Unless HUGE changes are made - starting at the coach - it will be hard to even care about this team going forward. Years of watching a mismanaged franchise, a franchise lacking talent, a franchise that consistently makes the wrong moves, poor drafting, poor development, off ice chaos, drama, and failure after epic failure.

:ha:

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
ABSOLUTELY EMBARRASSING.

Unless HUGE changes are made - starting at the coach - it will be hard to even care about this team going forward. Years of watching a mismanaged franchise, a franchise lacking talent, a franchise that consistently makes the wrong moves, poor drafting, poor development, off ice chaos, drama, and failure after epic failure.

:ha:

At least we have a real owner now, so there is that. This will be an off-season where we really get to see what this ownership group is actually made of, and the lengths they are willing to go to to win. How good is their judgment? How good is their talent evaluation for management and coaching? We’re going to have a lot more insight into how these guys operate in this offseason. Very Coyotes though to finally get a real legit owner and then have a pandemic hit less than a year later to f*** up his finances. Veerrrry Coyotes....

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Dvo with one shoulder still looked better than most of the group. With that injury though he should have been scratched especially with Hayton sitting right there.

This was a good excuse for the Dvobot.

But not for Tocchet. And not for rest of the guys.

Did half the team play hurt? I mean, they looked like 80-year olds half of them. Or perhaps I'm to nice when I just say half of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad