GDT: WCQF Game 4: Jets @ Blues l 8:30pm CT (FSMW, CNBC) l Home Team Has to Win Eventually...Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I don’t understand the lusting over Backes and Pronger. What did we ever accomplish with them?

We were always in the same position that we are now with them.

The Blues could use a player like Pronger was in his prime, right now. They could also use a player like Backes was in his prime. The problem with The Blues is they never could assemble the right group of talent with the right management. Maybe it will all fall into place some day. I hope it happens before I die. But, if it doesn't, it won't be one of my big regrets (IF I have any, at all). I don't have any at this point.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Literally 1 page ago in this thread you tried to make your nonsense sound less like nonsense by prefacing it with "I don't hate 27."

And now you're calling someone a "27 apologist" for posting that he has 5 points in 4 games this series and positive possession numbers that are better than any other D man on the team this series. Worth pointing out that his 5 points are 2 more than any other player on the team and make up 41% of the scoring from our entire blue line this series.

I stopped reading that post as soon as I saw "27 apologist" in the first three words.

What do people have against objective statistics???

I love Parayko and have been saying all year that he is going to be a big reason why this team may have a chance. But you know what? I've noticed he has been chasing the 1st line around a lot in this series and he has been completely non exisistent in the offensive zone. I took a look at the stats and what do you know...he has been bad for the last three games.

Pietrangelo? I've noticed he isn't quite the same Norris level Petro we've seen in the past but I haven't seen him get dominated like Parayko. I looked at the stats and what do you know...he has consistently been one of our better d-men if not the best. He has had some struggles with the immense speed and skill that the Jets have, especially their speed on the forecheck. They hound you in a hurry. However, this is the Jets. Not the Devils. Winnipeg is back to 100% health and playing like they did earlier in the year. That's a Cup caliber team. They make a lot of great defensemen struggle occasionally. It's why they're here.

I've said it before, Petro does need to step it up a notch. He's not playing his best hockey. He is playing good hockey but not his best. Parayko and JBo? Well they need to step it up 10 notches. They are getting pushed around.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Just curious, have we cranked up the "Steen is a locker room cancer" talk again to go with all the other allegations about the locker room being fractured? Because at this point, I think that's really all we're missing.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I don't think I can handle watching a second year franchise or one that has been in existence for less than 20 years hoist before the Blues. Not to say they wouldn't deserve it, but each time a franchise that has been around for as long as we have or several decades less it's like a massive kick to the scrote.
Don't worry, you'll get used to it. I mean sure, the first 3 or 4 times it happens you've got that "Seriously? Dear God, I'm gonna be sick" feeling, but by the 9th or 10th time you're pretty numb and you kind of count on it happening ... well, I'm expecting at least 8 more times.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The Blues could use a player like Pronger was in his prime, right now. They could also use a player like Backes was in his prime. The problem with The Blues is they never could assemble the right group of talent with the right management. Maybe it will all fall into place some day. I hope it happens before I die. But, if it doesn't, it won't be one of my big regrets (IF I have any, at all). I don't have any at this point.
Every team in the NHL could use Pronger.

So, still don’t see the relevancy.

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
I can't blame people for being upset with this team or the temperament of our leadership...

It's really hard to be a fan of this team, or any team (ask Lightning fans), so give people the slack and grace to vent.

Their venting doesn't effect how the Blues will play tomorrow so in the end, it's irrelevant even if it's annoying.

I've felt that way...hell even this season I wanted to quit and I literally took a 20 game break because it was negatively effecting my attitude and people here were calling me out for it.

Sometimes we need to step away.

At least we have what looks to be a serious goaltender...if we get it together soon we could still do it this year. Or...maybe get a few ingredients this offseason and we make it happen in the next few years.

It's hard to be a Blues fan. Be patient with each other.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I can't blame people for being upset with this team or the temperament of our leadership...

It's really hard to be a fan of this team, or any team (ask Lightning fans), so give people the slack and grace to vent.

Their venting doesn't effect how the Blues will play tomorrow so in the end, it's irrelevant even if it's annoying.

I've felt that way...hell even this season I wanted to quit and I literally took a 20 game break because it was negatively effecting my attitude and people here were calling me out for it.

Sometimes we need to step away.

At least we have what looks to be a serious goaltender...if we get it together soon we could still do it this year. Or...maybe get a few ingredients this offseason and we make it happen in the next few years.

It's hard to be a Blues fan. Be patient with each other.

Lightning have a Cup.

This fanbase is so loyal and all they ask for is ONE Cup and this franchise can't figure out how to get that over the course of 50+ years and counting yet can still get the same lack of offense and heart on the ice regardless the roster.

Reactions: TheDizee

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
The Blues will win a cup one day, and it will be the most amazing feeling for all of us. Maybe this is the season, maybe not. We still don't know yet, it's only a 2-2 series. We're playing a very talented Jets team that is structured for a deep cup contending run, and who was a WCF finalist last season. Tough competition, in this series and all around the league. 31 teams in the NHL only one lifts the cup at seasons end while 30 more reflect and build for the next season.

We are frustrated, disappointed, angry, but we are passionate, loyal, and we are Blues fans! This series, this post season is not over for us! We have 3 games left in this series at most to win it. Like I said whether or not we win it, and I hope we do, we have a solid foundation for a roster, that we will only upgrade and take into the postseason again again to finally claim our cup!

18-19 is not done yet! Game 5 is tomorrow night in Winnipeg and a win gives us the series lead again! Let's go take it, let's grab hold of our hats, and belongings as this ride continues!

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
The Blues will win a cup one day, and it will be the most amazing feeling for all of us. Maybe this is the season, maybe not. We still don't know yet, it's only a 2-2 series. We're playing a very talented Jets team that is structured for a deep cup contending run, and who was a WCF finalist last season. Tough competition, in this series and all around the league. 31 teams in the NHL only one lifts the cup at seasons end while 30 more reflect and build for the next season.

We are frustrated, disappointed, angry, but we are passionate, loyal, and we are Blues fans! This series, this post season is not over for us! We have 3 games left in this series at most to win it. Like I said whether or not we win it, and I hope we do, we have a solid foundation for a roster, that we will only upgrade and take into the postseason again again to finally claim our cup!

18-19 is not done yet! Game 5 is tomorrow night in Winnipeg and a win gives us the series lead again! Let's go take it, let's grab hold of our hats, and belongings as this ride continues!
I admire the consistency of positivity in your posts. I'm a bit more of a skeptic, but more out of necessity as a defense mechanism against heartbreak. (That's just what I tell myself)

I hope the day comes sooner than later to enjoy our long awaited celebration so the people who made us fans of this amazing game and beloved team are still around to experience it. Dads, uncles, coaches, and obviously the veterans on this board who have been following the Note since day 1.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I admire the consistency of positivity in your posts. I'm a bit more of a skeptic, but more out of necessity as a defense mechanism against heartbreak. (That's just what I tell myself)

I hope the day comes sooner than later to enjoy our long awaited celebration so the people who made us fans of this amazing game and beloved team are still around to experience it. Dads, uncles, coaches, and obviously the veterans on this board who have been following the Note since day 1.
Thank you, I've had my fair share of disappointment posts too though. And if we do get eliminated, I'm sure I'll express that, either rationally or irrationally. We will get it one day, like I said we still don't know if this is the year or not.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
At this point, I really think the Blues will start losing fans if this doesn't turn around in a big way. Different players, coaches and owners, same result.
It's been 52 years, why would they start losing fans now? :laugh:

Did the Cubs lose fans during their 108 year drought? No.

By all means, if someone is a fairweather quitter, then go ahead and jump ship. Nobody will care.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

Amen, brother! I will follow this team no matter what. I think we have a chance still to beat the Jets. We just have to get back to our game. The Jets got into our heads and forced us to react instead of dictating the play. I think we have a better chance of winning in Winnipeg. I swear, at home, this team seems to be more intent on proving to the fans how talented they are than on winning the game.

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
Amen, brother! I will follow this team no matter what. I think we have a chance still to beat the Jets. We just have to get back to our game. The Jets got into our heads and forced us to react instead of dictating the play. I think we have a better chance of winning in Winnipeg. I swear, at home, this team seems to be more intent on proving to the fans how talented they are than on winning the game.

Agreed. They play a much more direct game on the road and resort to needless flash at home and they simply aren't that team.

If this team would get it between the ears that they need to get pucks on net, create havoc around the Jets net, and simply support Binny in our own end...they can extend this run.

But...yeah...I have my doubts more about this teams fortitude, poise, and guts than I do about their ability to play the game.

But hey, at least we have the goaltending for freaking once.

I doubt we pull this off tho...we've really pissed away a great opportunity imo.

Still...plenty of hockey to play yet. I'd love nothing more than to be wrong.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
It's been 52 years, why would they start losing fans now? :laugh:

Did the Cubs lose fans during their 108 year drought? No.

By all means, if someone is a fairweather quitter, then go ahead and jump ship. Nobody will care.

But the Cubs had already won one. There's a big difference between a fanbase whose team has won it all at some point, even 100+ years ago, and one who hasn't.

The fairweather part, I'll be honest: If the team was getting better or improving, I'd agree with you, but this team keeps making the same errors, the same mistakes, lacks the same heart when it comes down to it with different players, different owners, different coaches decade in, decade out. It's to the point of mental abuse on the fanbase. Now, I rock the Note win, lose or draw but let's be honest here, how long is the fanbase going to show up until they stop? They get taken on the same roller coaster ride just to be left off at the same place, damn near every time. This isn't about being negative or positive or whatever, this is just me saying it how I see it.

Saying that, I expect us to knock out the Jets and go pretty far.

Last edited:

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
First of all his points total is not a real reflection of his play. This excuse you make reminds me of the "Shattenkirk's +- is bad because of EN goals" excuse that so many around here used for so long. Look at Shattenkirk now, a total nobody and nowhere close to being a elite defense man in the league. His time on the ice on EN had nothing to do with him just being a flat out bad defender and I stated this MANY times.

27 literally passes to 91 on the PP from 10 feet away and lets him shoot every time which gets him some cheap points. Hes not doing some sort of world class effort by making those passes to get points, hate to break it to you. Dunn has played better in this series than 27 has. His sinks the top PP unit constantly. I personally hope he stays off the PP and coach saves those minutes for PK and 5on5 later in the game.

If you honestly think 27 is playing good hockey and hockey worthy of being a captain, then I hope you really enjoy these last 2 games because they are gonna be his last wearing a Bluenote if continues. Blues fans are SICK AND TIRED of the choking from this core and he has been a mainstay of it.

There is a reason you are seeing people today come out and post how they are disapointed with him. Its because I once again have been right all along about how this guy is a total pushover and when teams start to pound and hit him constantly, like many teams in the playoffs do, he fades and withers away,

I don't even have to post anymore, as plenty are seeing the light. Let's see more advanced stats how Petro is awesome, but for some reason his guy Laine is wide open in front of the net.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Forest from the trees, IMO. We went from dead last to a playoff spot and have seemingly found a stable #1 goaltender. Good prospects in the system and a little cap space to shore up depth. We're set up for the next 2-3 years.

That being said, losing this series would suck, as it always does, and it'd be frustrating after winning the first two...but I always predicted this series'd go 6 or 7. Last week feels like wishful thinking in retrospect.

May the best team win 2 of the next 3.

Foomp Dugan

Mar 29, 2012
So much wrong in so few words. First, physically punishing the opposing team is a not a Pietrangelo's role. There have been several great D-men who led their team to cups who did not punish the opposing team (Keith, Lidstrom and Neidermeyer all have Conn Smyth Trophies). If you are expecting Petro to be a physical force, you are going to be disappointed. Any coach who asks him to do that is not utilizing his resources properly.

If you want physicality, why is Parayko on your list of people to keep? He is one of the least physical D we have. Big, yes, but he doesn't utilize his size to be physical. He has 2 hits in 4 games, the fewest of any D. Yet Edmundson, who is the most physical Dman we have this playoffs is left off your list of D to keep. Maybe you are judging D by different standards. You don't like Pietrangelo, so you ding him for not being physical. You do like Parayko and Dunn, so they get a pass for not playing physical. Whatever the reasons, your whole argument is extremely flawed because it is woefully inconsistent in just 4 short sentences. Impressive.
The D you mentioned all had another nasty D man on their team to take those roles. Konstantinov, Seabrook, Stevens. The Blues have nothing like that.

When was the last time the Blues had a big nasty crease-clearing D man?? Not since Pronger.

Seems all the big men we draft are either powder puff soft or don’t put on the muscle they need.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
The D you mentioned all had another nasty D man on their team to take those roles. Konstantinov, Seabrook, Stevens. The Blues have nothing like that.

When was the last time the Blues had a big nasty crease-clearing D man?? Not since Pronger.

Seems all the big men we draft are either powder puff soft or don’t put on the muscle they need.
If Bortuzzo and Edmundson aren't big crease-clearing D men, what are they?

Did you somehow miss the entirety of Jackman's career?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
See thats your problem. You think people who are opinionated are trolls when in reality, they are the closest thing to realists this forum has. People like myself will always value the opinion of a person with a strong opinion over people who have none.
People with opinions are realists. People who only hold (or express) negative opinions are trolls. You are the latter, and frankly not a very good one. Narcissists like you tend to be very bad at that game, but you’ll never convince them otherwise because, well, they’re narcissists.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
So ... is it safe to come out of the bunker yet, or has darkness permanently fallen on this team and everyone should be in full despair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad