GDT: [WCQF GAME 4] | Edmonton Oilers @ San Jose Sharks | 4.18.17 | 8:00PM | SN | II

Status
Not open for further replies.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Blowouts can make you mad. They make it impossible to make excuses about the goals against you, or the plays you should have made. You sucked, period, and now it's time to make sure you don't suck next game.

Losing 5-4 in OT after being up 4-1? I definitely think it's worse, psychologically.

Yep, I completely agree. Oilers checked out of this game when it was 3-0. You can even argue they checked out before that with McDavid running around looking for his pound of flesh. That the Sharks ended up putting seven up on them doesn't mean anything more, it's still only one loss.

What happened to Calgary last night was much worse. They thought they had the game won and ended up losing. That's crippling emotionally. To make matters worse they're now down 3-0. That's all they thought about last night. Oilers looked like they stopped thinking about this one in the second period.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Bring in Hendricks and Puljujarvi. Slepyshev and Desharnais sit.

Gotta say that I have been very underwhelmed by Russell in this series.
Changes need to be made regardless look at this interesting stat on Mcdavid Sunday's and Tuesday's are his worst production days of the year this season in 32 games he is 4-20-24 for .75 ppg Thursdays he is 15 gp 6-20-26 1.73 ppg

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
If I'm in that dressing room I'm treating the next game as an elimination game.. need some desperation and I don't doubt that will be the mentality. Don't want to be facing elimination back in the one syllable chant tank

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Sorry all
I like to catch up after game and was reading the first page of thread the it just sort of disappeared! Now I don't have it at all. Anyone else have same problem?

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
If only Talbot hadn't covered up that puck 8 seconds into the game...oh how it could have been.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->