GDT: WCQF GAME #3: Canucks vs. Blues, 7:30 p.m. PST: In Which We Hope for No Centre-Ice Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Seriously. Not allowed. Don't f*** this up, Markstrom.

:surrender

Wij1TyP.jpg

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Markstrom please please have the game of your life.

I hope we come out of this game injury free and that the Blues don’t come out and take some nasty runs at our players.

I’d love to read the main boards up 3-0.. let’s go boys!!

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
We haven’t trailed once this series keep that going, with a lead we force the blues to get chippy and we make them pay. I do not wanna be chasing a blues team that can control the pace of the game

Poor goaltending vs Good goaltending is the difference thus far, I think we have another gear in us and I wanna see Petey, Boeser and Miller just completely open up

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
gonna miss Myers, after a disappointing Wild series, he's been very good against the Blues

Even against the Wild, he had long stretches of solid play. This is going to be a big loss. I think a top four of Edler/Stecher and Hughes/Tanev will hold its own just fine, but our bottom pair of Fantenberg and Benn/Juolevi/Rafferty/Chatfield will be a bit of an adventure.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
gonna miss Myers, after a disappointing Wild series, he's been very good against the Blues
So is Alex... big time.

What Tyler lacks in defensive acumen he makes up in his ability to inflict AND withstand physical violence.

He can also skate the puck out of his own zone and consistently be able to flip/shoot the puck on the net from the point creating greasy rebound opportunities.

Yeah.. he's taken a lot of penalties but the Canucks are killing them off so I'm ok with his penalties so far.

How do you measure a player's ability to inflict and withstand physical violence?

You really can't... at least not directly.

You can obviously measure hits... but how can you quantify Tyler taking one for the team and absorbing a massive hit from a forechecking Tarasenko instead of Stecher or Tanev?

As far as I know, there is no hard stat to measure this kind of team toughness stat however...

I think there's a case to be made that Tanev's first injury free season EVER having correlation to Tyler's presence in the line up.

Tyler is a big boi that carries a long stick and is WAY better than NoGoodBranson.

And now with Tyler gone, St. Louis is gonna key in on Alex and Chris and we're gonna see a really dirty game today.

I hope Alex takes a double-dose of Ritalin today. He's gonna need it.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I think there's a case to be made that Tanev's first injury free season EVER having correlation to Tyler's presence in the line up.

considering they are almost never on the ife at the same time i don’t really see how that makes sense. i don’t think forecheckers are thinkin, well gee someone hit the RD last shift so i guess i’ll ease up on tanev this shift.

i think hughes’ ability to move he puck so efficiently and retrieve/skate dump ins to safety absolutely has helped though.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
considering they are almost never on the ife at the same time i don’t really see how that makes sense. i don’t think forecheckers are thinkin, well gee someone hit the RD last shift so i guess i’ll ease up on tanev this shift.

i think hughes’ ability to move he puck so efficiently and retrieve/skate dump ins to safety absolutely has helped though.
Yeah. The forechecking example is weak.

However, Tyler being a 6'8 230lb target on the ice for the opponent to hit has merit IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->