TBpqO2w.jpg

qp5zFyM.gif

fvSHx6W.png

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
All the pressure is on Winnipeg tonight. Going down 0-2 and heading out on the road isn't a death sentence, but it is pretty much worse case scenario for them. I expect another all out blitz of a first period from them. I am also expecting a better start from the Blues as a counter to that. Build off the third period from game 1, let the Jets run around trying to hit everyone, and get an early goal. Go Blues!

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Thinking that the Winnys tie it up tonight but will still be happy we grabbed one on the road.

Still rooting for the Blues and Sir Binnington. Hope he locks it down again to stick it to the pundits.

I also predict that my life hero Bendak likes all my posts!

Reactions: Bendak

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I don’t get the Sanford hate. He didn’t have a great game, but he head a great bang bang play where his redirect just missed. If that went in, I suspect there would be less critics. Let’s see how he responds tonight. If he wilts again, I think Berube May go elsewhere, but I think he gives Sanford another game.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I know I’m too biased to make predictions with the Blues, but I actually think they win this one decisively. I think the Jets will show more frustration, amd the Blues will show a growing intensity.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I don’t get the Sanford hate. He didn’t have a great game, but he head a great bang bang play where his redirect just missed. If that went in, I suspect there would be less critics. Let’s see how he responds tonight. If he wilts again, I think Berube May go elsewhere, but I think he gives Sanford another game.

Not gonna lie, I wanted Sanford's head for that miss live. But the replay showed he didn't miss by much. Looked at full speed like he completely flubbed it.

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
I hate feeling confident with the Blues in the playoffs because I'm so used to disappointment, but this team is feeding off of their goaltender and oozing confidence so I'm letting my walls down. After the Jets came out with the momentum from the home crowd in Game 1, they faded and these two teams looked like the teams we saw in the second half of the season.

The frustrated Jets can't stay out of the box and the Blues take advantage to win this one big. I'm thinking 4-1.

Reactions: Bendak and HighNote

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO

It's just how sports fans operate. There has to be one thing to complain about. Today, it's the 4th liner that played 6 minutes in Game 1 lol

Sanford isn't coming out of the lineup. He's a strong defensive forward and Berube said he likes what he brings on the PK. He's not going to take that kind of player out of the game. Not when he's being asked to play 4th line minutes. That is what 4th liners do.

I'll admit, his offensive game has gone way downhill. He showed plenty of glimpses of 35-45 point potential earlier in the year. Now? He's a little lost with the puck on his stick. Defensively, though, he is always in a good position and his long reach causes headaches for opponents.

It is POSSIBLE that Sammy Blais takes his spot tonight but only if Berube wants a guy who will throw his weight around. I think that would be a TERRIBLE idea. The last thing we need is a young kid getting out of position to throw pointless video game hits rather than staying in passing and shooting lanes. We can't outhit Winnipeg so there is no need to try to keep up. Play smarter.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
It's nothing more than a hunch, but I have a feeling the PP shows up tonight. I predict we will be 2/3 on the PP and the Jets go 1/4, with the Blues winning 4-1, the 4th goal being an empty netter.

Let's.

Go.

Blues.

Reactions: Bendak and Burynai
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad