GDT: WCQF Game 2 | Golden Knights @ San Jose | Law of Attraction 101 Edition | 7:30 | ATTSN /NBCSN

How many goals will the Knights win by in Game 2 of this series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I’ll admit the GI penalty was weak as hell, but the response to that call from their fans on the main boards, Reddit, and even DeBoer is absolute insanity.

I hope their team is reacting the same way and dwells on it like they didn’t give up a whole assload of goals (including two shorties) instead of moving on.

I’ve never seen a response like this from a huge shit call I n a game like that. It’s not like it’s a 2-1 game with both teams going 1/2 on the PP.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I’ll admit the GI penalty was weak as hell, but the response to that call from their fans on the main boards, Reddit, and even DeBoer is absolute insanity.

I hope their team is reacting the same way and dwells on it like they didn’t give up a whole assload of goals (including two shorties) instead of moving on.

I’ve never seen a response like this from a huge **** call I n a game like that. It’s not like it’s a 2-1 game with both teams going 1/2 on the PP.
I agree it was weak, but the sharks had at least 35 minutes of game to respond, and good knows how many power plays to do so. Some godawful calls happen, I could point to a weak ass cross checking call that contributed to 2 sharks goals a period earlier. But you have to respond, and there was plenty of time to do that. The sharks did not, in fact the sharks got outscored on their 8 powerplays. That call did not cost the sharks the game, its a tiring conspiracy narrative. One I intend to feed on :laugh:

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I agree it was weak, but the sharks had at least 35 minutes of game to respond, and good knows how many power plays to do so. Some godawful calls happen, I could point to a weak ass cross checking call that contributed to 2 sharks goals a period earlier. But you have to respond, and there was plenty of time to do that. The sharks did not, in fact the sharks got outscored on their 8 powerplays. That call did not cost the sharks the game, its a tiring conspiracy narrative. One I intend to feed on :laugh:
Even funnier is that in the immediate aftermath, Sharks fans admitted they didn’t have an issue with the goal coming off for goaltender interference (not that it ever went on,) but the penalty was BS.

Yet, when it’s time to work up a slobber, it’s a “two goal swing.” Despite the fact, once again, that half of them are okay with the goal not counting since Couture elbowed him in the mask.

And if another person mentions the crease I’m just linking them the rule book which you would think everyone would have read at least once since there’s always a controversy. Rule 69. It’s easy to remember.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Even funnier is that in the immediate aftermath, Sharks fans admitted they didn’t have an issue with the goal coming off for goaltender interference (not that it ever went on,) but the penalty was BS.

Yet, when it’s time to work up a slobber, it’s a “two goal swing.” Despite the fact, once again, that half of them are okay with the goal not counting since Couture elbowed him in the mask.

And if another person mentions the crease I’m just linking them the rule book which you would think everyone would have read at least once since there’s always a controversy. Rule 69. It’s easy to remember.
Yeah too many people have confused what they think the rules say vs what the rules actually say lol

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Shark fans are the most Pejorative Slured fanbase ever. They are complaining about the refs gifting us the game when they gave up 2 shorthanded goals and had plenty of opportunities to tie it up.

Having said that, Vegas is really struggling in the defense position and the goaltending position.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Regardless of what the fans think or how the refs called the game, it took no small amount of fortitude to win last night and I'm relieved AF to see it back in the Knights game. Best of 5 coming up. I like our chances.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Shark fans are the most ******ed fanbase ever. They are complaining about the refs gifting us the game when they gave up 2 shorthanded goals and had plenty of opportunities to tie it up.

Having said that, Vegas is really struggling in the defense position and the goaltending position.
Defense yes. Fleury did a great job last night. Let one by, hung out to dry on the 4v4, and a PP goal got by him. If Miller hadn't been a knucklehead, they'd have been held to 1 goal.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I can confidently say that even if the Sharks win this series, they are not going to make it any farther with the goaltending they are getting.

That is unless they outscore their problems, but that only works up to a certain point in the playoffs.

So if i was a Sharks fan, i would stop bitching about reffing and starting worrying about goaltending.

Like i am worrying about our defense right now and our inability to stop letting in goals.

3 goals against again. In our last 10 games, only one involves a game where he we gave up only 1 goal.

Having said all that, it is nice going into Vegas tied. But if Vegas doesn't get their act together, they are going to be on the wrong end of a handshake line.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The most encouraging thing to me was the Karlsson line looked dialed in. Marchessault was scrappy, Wild Bill and Smitty were great 5 on 5 and killing penalties.

We know Stone is gonna bring it, nice to see others did as well. Now Tuch needs to get going. He's not even close to the player he can be right now.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
The most encouraging thing to me was the Karlsson line looked dialed in. Marchessault was scrappy, Wild Bill and Smitty were great 5 on 5 and killing penalties.

We know Stone is gonna bring it, nice to see others did as well. Now Tuch needs to get going. He's not even close to the player he can be right now.
I still want more at 5-on-5 from the Karlsson line. Get Tuch going, and if Gusev comes in and doesn't skip a beat than boy we've got a stew cookin'!

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I still want more at 5-on-5 from the Karlsson line. Get Tuch going, and if Gusev comes in and doesn't skip a beat than boy we've got a stew cookin'!

If Gusev were the one to get Tuch going.....Imagine debuting in the NHL on a Stanley Cup run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad