Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings - EDM Defeats LA 4-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Even just looking at goal differential, there are 5 worse teams in the playoffs. Tampa, Vegas, Capitals, Islanders, Predators
LA built up most of its goal differential in the first two months of the season, ending November with a +30 in 20 games. Since then, they've been only +14 in 62 games. In other words, their goal differential doesn't reflect the team that they are today.

On the flip side, Nashville had a -9 differential through January, but has been +27 since. They finished the season with only half of LA's goal differential, but are the better team today.

Last edited:

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The idiots that run the show in LA think the 1-3-1 is what can beat the Oilers rather than realizing it’s exactly the reason they can’t beat them.

The fanbases are used to each other but these coaches have never played one another

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
Kings and Oilers know exactly what to expect from each other. Problem is...........LA can't do anything about it.

In my opinion, LA is a worse team than last year. At best they are the same.

Oilers are way better than last season. Much more forward depth. Same D lineup but more experienced and better coached. Skinner is Skinner, he's not any worse and chances are he'll better.....hard not to.

If this series goes past 5 I'll be surprised.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What else are they gunna do? That's how it's always been when the western game is a national broadcast as a doubleheader.
Same as they do the other 82 regular season games.

The start times are later in Edmonton for playoff games than they are for regular season games.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
If Hiller continues to play this 11/7 in the playoffs I want an Edmonton sweep, each game by 4 goals. Then a whole front office purge in the offseason. Especially with the beyond bizarre personnel choices that have happened this season.
First, it was 1-3-1. Now, it's 11/7. It feels like the team's identity right now is just gimmicks and the front office is fully on board with it.

Speaking of Hiller, he said this about the matchup:
There’s no question we’ve got a short history with them, but we were just excited to make the playoffs and go play whoever we we were going to play. Like we said, it could have been a different team, we were just excited. It could have been Vancouver, could have been Edmonton, could have been Dallas, now [it’s] Edmonton. We just want to get going and we’re excited. We’re really excited.
That does not inspire confidence. He sounds like a rookie player who's just been called up and doesn't have a plan or expectation except to enjoy the experience before being sent back down.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Only fanbases that really matter are the Kings and Oilers. It should start at their regular time. They should not have to start early just so some other fans get their preferred timeslot .
They should start at the same time as their regular season games start. I don't miss oil games.. they rarely start at 10:30. Leaf fans games start at 7 in regular season and 7 on playoffs. We start at 7 in regular season and 830 in playoffs.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
The idiots that run the show in LA think the 1-3-1 is what can beat the Oilers rather than realizing it’s exactly the reason they can’t beat them.
They have to, can't run and gun with Edmonton.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
They should start at the same time as their regular season games start. I don't miss oil games.. they rarely start at 10:30. Leaf fans games start at 7 in regular season and 7 on playoffs. We start at 7 in regular season and 830 in playoffs.
A lot of games start at 7:30 In LA. It has been this way for a long time .

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Since no one has actually posted the schedule yet:

Game 1 - Mon, Apr 22 @ Edmonton - 7:00pm PT / 8:00pm MT
Game 2 - Wed, Apr 24 @ Edmonton - 7:00pm PT / 8:00pm MT
Game 3 - Fri, Apr 26 @ Los Angeles - 7:30pm PT / 8:30pm MT
Game 4 - Sun, Apr 28 @ Los Angeles - 7:30pm PT / 8:30pm MT
Game 5* - Wed, May 1 @ Edmonton
Game 6* - Fri, May 3 @ Los Angeles
Game 7* - Sun, May 5 @ Edmonton
*If Necessary

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
By all reports, Pierre Luc really bounced back after the all star break. He went to Hawaii and was completely reenergized after coming back and learning Todd McLellan was fired.

I have high hopes for him starting this summer when he learns about how much nicer the weather in Maui is in May and the entire Kings front office is fired after losing to the Oilers.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
Doubt that LA has the firepower to hang with the Oilers long, but it would not surprise me if the Oilers come out of the first round dinged up.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
score 2 goals on the kings. They will fall apart.. They cant play anything else but 1- 3 -1

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Insert aw shit here we go again meme

Could things be different this time? Sure, I guess. But there really isn't any particular reason why that would be.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
I know the Kings are not very good and inferior to the oilers, but only Kings fans are allowed to feel that way! So stop saying the Kings are worse!

We have to wait until Monday to start this shit show? FFS

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
oilers in 5... I never guess right on these predictions ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad