Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
You think the Oilers have good goaltending? They never learn should have signed a quality goalie.
No I don't, but I'd take Skinner quite easily over LA's duo.

Edmonton's beat LA in 2 series already... 1 when LA had Quick steal a couple games, and last year with Skinner vs Korpisalo. Talbot and Rittich are even worse.

Oilers fans and the rest of us have to listen to Hararayan Singh so we all lose
This x100. Horrible broadcaster that has no buisness calling nationally televised games

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
For LA... They have to get under our skin. Just drive is crazy. And they absolutely have the guys to do that. Danault and doughty come to mind.. total pain in the asses. Punch mcdrai after every whistle. Coax Nurse into fighting. Piss off Kane and get him off focus. Of course.. they will be pissed when Perry takes out both their starters from falling in the crease on Talbot and then rittich.lol

Ftr.. and I know I have a bias.. but rittich is a big part of why they got there and has great stats. I'm not 100 💯 Talbot should be the starter. Maybe my bias though.

Rittich is .921 and he came in when it looked like LA wouldn't make the dance.

Talbot is .913.

Nice problem to have. Skinner is .910 and I don't think anyone wants to see Pickard in a playoff game (he's played great but I just don't see him as a playoff hero)

Joke's on you

can't hurt our starting goalie if we don't have one!

Agreed on Rittich though, he seems to rise to the occasion more. Talbot is good for a one game heater but not for several starts in a row...when he's been platooned he's been good. When he's 'the guy' he falls to pieces.

Oilers always make it hard on themselves and Kings play hard. Dont really get the Oil in 4 predictions.

Kings are greasy enough (in a good way) to steal at least one or two off the Oil.

Kings are going to get wrecked.

The only potential way they could pull it off is on the sheer momentum of not wanting to lose three times in a row to the same team. That will is hard to measure on paper.

Otherwise, this will be a quick series.

Yeah I think the problem is when the Kings are playing on their toes and aggressive--they can go toe to toe with almost anyone. Maybe they won't win, but it's entertaining, and they have the guys with the spirit for it. I LOVE that version of the team, it's a good, deep roster if not a 'true' contender. But they just f***ING DONT and always sink into the passive 1-3-1 which is a loser's strategy even if you're winning. I don't know in what world you take guys like Doughty and Fiala who WANT to get engaged and Kempe who is better when emotionally invested (don't poke the bear) and say "don't play hockey. Just don't. Don't do it. Let McDavid have the puck, take it behind his own net, and come slalom your whole team full speed. We've got this." I don't know why you go and get all these speedy waterbug forecheckers and big bodies whose biggest strengths are stripping pucks in the offensive zone by putting pressure on guys and just...refuse to play to their strengths. I'm sick of numbers relating to the Kings, like 1-3-1 and playing a f***ing stupid 11-7 lineup (where the bottom guys only get 4-5 min, so basically 9-5) and OH about to be 0 for infinity in playoff series in the Blake regime.

But Blake has no excuses anymore--this is exactly the team he wanted on the year he wanted it and fully healthy with the chance to try out his toy PLD against exactly the team he got him for and yes I tried to say that with a straight face like the entire hockey world isn't laughing with us at him

The Oilers have abused Kopitar two years in a row. It isn't 2012.

I think Kopitar's biggest problem is that they still want to give him #1 defenseman minutes even at age 45. Sure it's not 2012, but the team isn't doing him any favors.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Yeah I think the problem is when the Kings are playing on their toes and aggressive--they can go toe to toe with almost anyone. Maybe they won't win, but it's entertaining, and they have the guys with the spirit for it. I LOVE that version of the team, it's a good, deep roster if not a 'true' contender. But they just f***ING DONT and always sink into the passive 1-3-1 which is a loser's strategy even if you're winning. I don't know in what world you take guys like Doughty and Fiala who WANT to get engaged and Kempe who is better when emotionally invested (don't poke the bear) and say "don't play hockey. Just don't. Don't do it. Let McDavid have the puck, take it behind his own net, and come slalom your whole team full speed. We've got this." I don't know why you go and get all these speedy waterbug forecheckers and big bodies whose biggest strengths are stripping pucks in the offensive zone by putting pressure on guys and just...refuse to play to their strengths. I'm sick of numbers relating to the Kings, like 1-3-1 and playing a f***ing stupid 11-7 lineup (where the bottom guys only get 4-5 min, so basically 9-5) and OH about to be 0 for infinity in playoff series in the Blake regime.

But Blake has no excuses anymore--this is exactly the team he wanted on the year he wanted it and fully healthy with the chance to try out his toy PLD against exactly the team he got him for and yes I tried to say that with a straight face like the entire hockey world isn't laughing with us at him

The 1-3-1 is a gift for the Oilers. The Oilers struggle when the defence gets pressured behind the net and they start ripping pucks blind up the wall. If you let the Oilers skate out past their hash marks they will kill you, and the Kings simply let it happen.

As you said, if the Kings sent forecheckers at the Oilers defence it might be a different series, but if they 1-3-1 it the whole time the result is basically pre-determined.

Reactions: NeverForget06

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I think everyone in Edmonton is fearing 3rd time is the charm. Especially when we're THIS favored.

There's something that feels 'off' with this years matchup with LA. Like we're half expecting to self-implode.

If LA wins more than two games in the series (they likely will), the entire city will meltdown.

I can already see the TSN highlights even if it's 2-2 after four games. "Is Edmonton about to implode?!" :laugh:

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Not gonna lie, was hoping for Vegas in the 1st round.

Sick of this Kings matchup. Also think its testing fate trying to beat the same team 3 playoffs in a row.

Best of luck to the Kings. Oilers in 6 again.

This is the least dangerous Kings team you guys have faced.

The best chance we had against you was last year. But Rob Blake gutted our depth to bring in dopes like PLD, and now we’re significantly worse.

This should be a cakewalk for the Oilers. This LA team is probably the third worst team in the playoffs behind the Capitals and Islanders.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This is the least dangerous Kings team you guys have faced.

The best chance we had against you was last year. But Rob Blake gutted our depth to bring in dopes like PLD, and now we’re significantly worse.

This should be a cakewalk for the Oilers. This LA team is probably the third worst team in the playoffs behind the Capitals and Islanders.
???
Even just looking at goal differential, there are 5 worse teams in the playoffs. Tampa, Vegas, Capitals, Islanders, Predators

olafsson

Jun 18, 2017
Oilers better hope Skinner can keep up his play and that coach doesn’t trot out Nurse and Ceci. Those are the weak links

Reactions: Czechboy

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Oilers better hope Skinner can keep up his play and that coach doesn’t trot out Nurse and Ceci. Those are the weak links

Skinner's numbers have already been declining for the past 2 months. I find it funny that the Oilers management think that this guy can handle a Marty Brodeur workload. Skinner is a 1B starter at best.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

Skinner gives me Freddy Andersen vibes. A really good, borderline elite goalie who seems to lose the ability to play the position when the pressure is on.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Skinner's numbers have already been declining for the past 2 months. I find it funny that the Oilers management think that this guy can handle a Marty Brodeur workload. Skinner is a 1B starter at best.
Skinner is a starter but like, he has one of the heaviest work loads in the league, its insane and a disservice too him.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So 10pm and 10:30 est starts... f*** right off NHL schedulers. 1030 starts means 11 pick drop. Way to make sure no one sees the games except the diehards.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Oilers have to do a good job defending pesky pesky Kempe and Ardvidsson and they will be okay. Thankfully the Kings traded away the other two pesky Kings in Iafallo + Vilardi

Fiala is good but he always seems to get banged up on some weird freak accident play

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
So 10pm and 10:30 est starts... f*** right off NHL schedulers. 1030 starts means 11 pick drop. Way to make sure no one sees the games except the diehards.
I can't understand why you are upset about this?!? You are being unrealistic IMO

It's a first round matchup, so there are 8 series to run, generally every other day.
The Eastern conference gets the early game and the Western conference gets the later game. Furthermore these two teams are the in the Mountain and Pacific time zones.

The above generally doesn't change until the conference finals

For reference, here is the TV schedule from 2023

Note the times from the Edmonton/LA series. Note that the earliest start is on a Sunday
Edmonton [P2] vs. Los Angeles [P3]
Monday, April 17 10 p.m. Los Angeles at Edmonton SN, CBC, TVAS, ESPN
Wednesday, April 19 10 p.m. Los Angeles at Edmonton SN, CBC, TVAS, ESPN
Friday, April 21 10 p.m. Edmonton at Los Angeles SN, CBC, TVAS, TNT
Sunday, April 23 9 p.m. Edmonton at Los Angeles SN, CBC, TVAS, TBS
\
Tuesday, April 25 TBD Los Angeles at Edmonton TBD
\Saturday, April 29 TBD Edmonton at Los Angeles TBD
\
Monday, May 1 TBD Los Angeles at Edmonton TBD

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hilarious to see Flames fans talking up LA and then LA fans calmly explaining that the Kings suck :laugh:. I think LA is underrating their chances here but those exchanges are hilarious.
Flames fans just glom onto whoever the Oilers are playing to feel any small modicum of joy. They're like ticks.

Edmonton won't sweep because Game 1's are our kryptonite but Edmonton in 5 or 6 seems pretty likely.

To me Skinner is a low end starter, bottom 5 in the NHL. I wouldnt want him on a team that has to win now.

I'd even choose No Save Dave Rittich over him
that's certainly an opinion. One of the opinions of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad