Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings - EDM Defeats LA 4-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Not sure they can put their goalie in your net... but they should try.
LOL

Skinner/Pickard vs Talbot/Rittich as tandems go.. LA might be better.

I'm happy with Stu though and think he's up for a good playoff this time.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
So not a single game in this series scheduled to air before 10 pm eastern.

Way to showcase the game's best player.

Why is hockey shrinking??

And on the West Coast, we miss most of the East coast games because we are at work, then commuting home. Sorry we live on a big continent I guess?

Reactions: Fripp
Jun 30, 2006
1713541935673.jpeg

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Kings are going to get wrecked.

The only potential way they could pull it off is on the sheer momentum of not wanting to lose three times in a row to the same team. That will is hard to measure on paper.

Otherwise, this will be a quick series.

There is no way to measure that for sure. Remember when the Senators dropped 3 straight series to Toronto in 3 straight years? 2000, 2001, 2002, if I recall. That shouldn’t be a factor. Edmonton should win handily and make it 3 straight.

Reactions: Eternal Leaf

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
I think the Oilers make short work of this one. I’m guessing they take it in 5. LA is a scrappy and structured group, but I think McDavid and Draisaitl are the kind of human cheat codes that can break through it.
I agree but not in short work. I think it's more so a case of certainty of victory than it is short work due to the matchup, but a tough matchup regardless because it's offense vs defense.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
If Hiller continues to play this 11/7 in the playoffs I want an Edmonton sweep, each game by 4 goals. Then a whole front office purge in the offseason. Especially with the beyond bizarre personnel choices that have happened this season.

I’ve never wanted a hockey season over so badly in my life. It’s embarrassing.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The Kings may not be the same team as last year for depth but they still have Doughty and Kopitar and both still bring it in the playoffs. Oh and they have the best shutdown center in Phil Danault. Expecting good things from Byfield, this year is his coming out party.

The Oilers have abused Kopitar two years in a row. It isn't 2012.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Kings are going to get wrecked.

The only potential way they could pull it off is on the sheer momentum of not wanting to lose three times in a row to the same team. That will is hard to measure on paper.

Otherwise, this will be a quick series.
It’s the Oilers. Only way series are quick is if they get swept.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
The Kings are a much better team than people give them credit for, this won’t be an easy series at all. I hope the Oilers come out fully prepared for game 1. The one thing they have going for them is that they absolutely hate the Kings so you’ll likely see a strong series from Draisaitl and friends.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Kempe is gonna give me PTSD

This is gonna be another tough series where it could easily go either way

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
For LA... They have to get under our skin. Just drive is crazy. And they absolutely have the guys to do that. Danault and doughty come to mind.. total pain in the asses. Punch mcdrai after every whistle. Coax Nurse into fighting. Piss off Kane and get him off focus. Of course.. they will be pissed when Perry takes out both their starters from falling in the crease on Talbot and then rittich.lol

Ftr.. and I know I have a bias.. but rittich is a big part of why they got there and has great stats. I'm not 100 💯 Talbot should be the starter. Maybe my bias though.

Rittich is .921 and he came in when it looked like LA wouldn't make the dance.

Talbot is .913.

Nice problem to have. Skinner is .910 and I don't think anyone wants to see Pickard in a playoff game (he's played great but I just don't see him as a playoff hero)
I honestly prefer Big Dave against the Oilers.

Reactions: Czechboy

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
It really doesn't matter. The LA's options in net are shit, shitty, and shittier
You think the Oilers have good goaltending? They never learn should have signed a quality goalie.

Don’t underestimate Skinner’s ability to turn into a sieve, I think the goaltending in this series will be a saw-off
The Skinner sucks talk is more then weird.

Skinner vs. LA this season

3-1-0 - 1.99 GAA - .936 SV%

Pretty good numbers
Regular season means nothing. We all know in the Playoffs Skinner is a sieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad