Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings - EDM Defeats LA 4-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
LA will put up a challenge but the Oilers will take it, I think it goes 6-7 games.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Oilers in 6. LA feels like they should be better, but haven't found that level consistently, this season. Bad goaltending on either side could skew things, but on the whole, I think the Oilers have a clear advantage.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
hey
Kings in six. Oilers give up too much and the Kings are very stingy. Plus, is McDavid 100%?
Wait a minute, did I just wake up in 2021?.....a quick google search and that very old narrative that the Oilers are bad defensively disappears real quick.

The Oilers are top 5 in goal differential (and if they didn't go with an AHL team in their last game, probably end up top 3) and top 5 in fewest high danger chances given up. this is not the same Oilers team from a few years ago that leaked high danger chances against, these guys are an elite defensive team.

But I know how badly HF posters love to cling to narratives...so "hur dur, aCkShuLy wHo GoNna dO DaT dEfeNse tHo? :silly:

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I want the Kings to destroy the Oilers in a very big way, but I don't see it happening.
Edmonton in 5.

The bright side for Kings fans is that when it comes to predicting series wins/scores, etc. let's just say if I was a gambler I'd be broke, several times over.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
The Kings only won 15 games all year against opponents who made the playoffs.

It seems like the only ones giving them any chance whatsoever are pessimistic or superstitious Oiler fans.
By my rough count Oilers are 18W 20L this year vs playoff teams. With that said the large portion of those losses come in the first bit of the season. Not sure the difference is big in that regard.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
If there was ever a poster child for why these forced division "rivalries" suck. Here it is! Edmonton and LA don't hate each other, Bettman. They're bored of each other. :laugh:

Really can't see LA getting more than six games out of Edmonton but I'll say Oilers in five.

I think everyone in Edmonton is fearing 3rd time is the charm. Especially when we're THIS favored.

There's something that feels 'off' with this years matchup with LA. Like we're half expecting to self-implode.

If LA wins more than two games in the series (they likely will), the entire city will meltdown.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
For LA... They have to get under our skin. Just drive is crazy. And they absolutely have the guys to do that. Danault and doughty come to mind.. total pain in the asses. Punch mcdrai after every whistle. Coax Nurse into fighting. Piss off Kane and get him off focus. Of course.. they will be pissed when Perry takes out both their starters from falling in the crease on Talbot and then rittich.lol

Ftr.. and I know I have a bias.. but rittich is a big part of why they got there and has great stats. I'm not 100 💯 Talbot should be the starter. Maybe my bias though.

Rittich is .921 and he came in when it looked like LA wouldn't make the dance.

Talbot is .913.

Nice problem to have. Skinner is .910 and I don't think anyone wants to see Pickard in a playoff game (he's played great but I just don't see him as a playoff hero)

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Kings in 6. Ya, I said it.

I know Edmonton has had a great season since the coaching change. But I still see the bad habits form the depth players. They just expect McDrai to do it all. Kane is turning to a pumpkin, Perry has nothing left in the tank, and the goaltending is unimpressive at best.

I would actually love for Edmonton to go far, or even win it all. I'm a McDavid fan, and think it would be great for him to finally reach the pinnacle. So don't call me a hater. I just don't see the team around him as anything close to good enough.
I mean, cool post and all, awesome to hear you try and be non bias but it’s weird when you don’t seem to know much about what you talk about. Edmontons depth is better than it’s ever been and the vets you mentioned are literally just meant for playoff hockey. Ignorance is bliss I guess. Kings very well could win the series but your analysis is whack

Evil__Homer

Jun 7, 2006
I want the Oilers to succeed but with there brutal goaltending I cant see them making it far.

All these years of rebuilding and still they don’t have a good goalie. If the Oilers get blown out by the Kings maybe management will get there shit together and find a goalie but I doubt it. 🙁

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Lol, you're out of your mind
We will just have to wait and see.
I’m expecting very little from playoff Skinner as he has been played far too much again, but time will tell.
Goaltending will be our downfall in the playoffs.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Kings are going to get wrecked.

The only potential way they could pull it off is on the sheer momentum of not wanting to lose three times in a row to the same team. That will is hard to measure on paper.

Otherwise, this will be a quick series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad