Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings - EDM Defeats LA 4-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Playing the Kings is as frustrating as it gets. Greasy team that doesn’t try to win but only to make you lose.

That said, this Oiler team is deeper and better equipped to handle the non McDrai ice time.

Oilers in 6.

Reactions: Czechboy

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Very favourable matchup for Edmonton.

The Kings were the lowest scoring playoff team in the West.

Edmonton’s weakness is probably goaltending and defence but they face the team with the weakest offense.

Unless LA plans to win every game 1-0 with Talbot/Rittich shutting down the Oilers offence - seems like a third year in a row the Kings are going down - probably in 5. If PLD wants to show his value now would be the time.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
The match-up I’ve been fearing since September and hoping the Oilers would avoid. Bad feeling about this series, the Kings are due to win one. This one goes to 7.

banks

W W 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Kings in 6. Ya, I said it.

I know Edmonton has had a great season since the coaching change. But I still see the bad habits form the depth players. They just expect McDrai to do it all. Kane is turning to a pumpkin, Perry has nothing left in the tank, and the goaltending is unimpressive at best.

I would actually love for Edmonton to go far, or even win it all. I'm a McDavid fan, and think it would be great for him to finally reach the pinnacle. So don't call me a hater. I just don't see the team around him as anything close to good enough.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

I know Edmonton has had a great season since the coaching change. But I still see the bad habits form the depth players. They just expect McDrai to do it all. Kane is turning to a pumpkin, Perry has nothing left in the tank, and the goaltending is unimpressive at best.

I would actually love for Edmonton to go far, or even win it all. I'm a McDavid fan, and think it would be great for him to finally reach the pinnacle. So don't call me a hater. I just don't see the team around him as anything close to good enough.

The LA Kings are the lowest scoring playoff team in the conference and their goalies are 2 UFA goalies they signed for 1M or under - if the Kings win this series Knob should be fired.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
I'm biased but I hope Edmonton f***ing destroys LA for the amount of boredom they forced me to watch this year.

And also screw Kurashev for that moronic penalty he took in the third last game vs LA.

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln

This could happen, but Perry has been very good. Not clear if you have followed his season.

Edmonton also has very good depth scoring as they have 6 players with 20+ goals, and another 7 with 10 - 19 goals.

They routinely play Kane and Henrique on the 3rd line.

Certainly always questions about Edmonton defense, but they have 7 NHL defensemen who are the 3rd highest scoring group with 48 goals in the playoffs only behind Carolina (49) and Colorado (64).

Skinner is a question in the Playoffs until he performs in the playoffs, but he has had 2 solid regular seasons.

Biggest problem with Edmonton this year is McDavid and Draisaitl looking disinterested in games against average teams.

Let's see what happens.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden

Many of the weaknesses you mention apply to the Kings as well. The difference will once again likely be that the Oilers have the best player in the world on their team.

Reactions: roccerfeller

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
This was by far the best 1st round series from last playoffs and I think it will be again. Too much bad blood between these two teams. Cam Talbot is going to get redemption against his former club who ran him out of town in his final year as an Oiler.
How was this series better than Florida vs Boston, New York vs New Jersey, or even Colorado vs Seattle? Those were all far more entertaining series. It was chippy but not nearly as entertaining as those ones.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It is very hard to beat a team 3x in a row. I can't imagine it's happened often. Maybe the Habs in the 70's beating the shit out of a bottom seed every year? This isn't that. I expect a war. LA, rightfully, hates us.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Game 1 will be the indicator of how this series is going to go more than usual imo.

The Oilers haven't won game 1 of a playoff series since 2017.

What kind of team are the Edmonton Oilers this playoff season. Will they shit game 1 away like they did last year. In complete control.. then a massive bed shitting in the 3rd.

This team has talked about Immaturity after last years playoffs. Let's see if the Oilers have managed to grow up.

There are 3 players to key on for L.A imo to take this series.
1. Nurse - Get this guy into immature emotion mode and he'll start making bad reads and poor decisions.
2. Bouchard - Pressure him like crazy and he can give up some freebies.
3. Draisitl - He's going to score. But he'll take the world's stupidest penalties. Piss him off and he'll retaliate.

If those players show maturity and Skinner doesn't crap the bed. I think it will be tough for L.A

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
Ya'll don't have to worry. The only reason the first one went 7 was cause of Quick. Since then the Kings goaltending has gotten progressively worse each year

Don’t underestimate Skinner’s ability to turn into a sieve, I think the goaltending in this series will be a saw-off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad