Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings | EDM Lead 3-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Pretty sure Kings didn't have Fiala until game 3, also lacked Vilardi game 1 (not that game 1 mattered).

Season before last, they were without Doughty....and this was the line up for the D instead: Durzi, Maata, Roy, Anderson, Edler, Stecher. Just imagine if the Oilers lost game 7....to that defense lol.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Oilers in 4. This is a rested McDavid. He didn't bother going for the Art Ross to because he's saving it for the playoffs.
Alternatively he rested because he's been fighting a hip/groin injury all season. This is the healthiest the Oilers have been going into the playoffs the last couple years though, so hopefully McDavid's as close to as good as he can get or that would all be for naught.

Reactions: Macheteops

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I am so glad that VGK ended up in the Central for the first 2 rounds, everyone the Canucks match up against poorly is over there. Oilers should wrap this up quickly. See you in round 2 Oilers fans.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
1713514833791.jpeg

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Would be a pretty huge upset. If I was a betting man, which I am, I wouldn't put a penny on this kings team no matter what the odds are.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
also synchronicity, baby

and finally, from our board, this is why this is stress free bonus hockey

see it this way, if we face the Oilers, there's only 2 outcomes

1- we win and you get max pleasure out of it
2- we lose and blake is out and get max pleasure out of it

facing the Oilers is the way

GKG!

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Oilers will scrape by the kings and nucks just to get stomped by a real team when they face a team from the central like every other playoff year.

Nothing new.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don’t watch a lot of Edmonton games and this matchup will keep it that way.

I’ve already picked two Canadian based teams to win and even though we don’t need three, Edmonton is the most likely to win.
Oilers in 6.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Took 7 in 2022, 6 in 2023 so I'm gonna go with Oilers in 5 this time. Should be an easy path to WCF now since they don't have to play any of Colorado, Dallas, VGK or WPG in first two rounds.

Reactions: JKG33

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I f***ing hate this. Oilers in 5. Each year the Kings goalies have gotten worse, and now we're to the point I'd be surprised if LA even won a single game.

Meanwhile it's the same shitty matchup yet again. LA still would've lost to Dallas, but at least there's some dignity there. But Vegas would've bitch slapped the Oilers

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Well. Here we go again lmao. Idk, at some point you feel like playing the same team over and over will result in a loss, but the Oilers are also the better team.

Just happy Vegas went over to be the centrals problem.

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
If the Oilers don't make it to the Finals this year, they might as well blow it up. Easiest path ever.

LA, then VAN/NSH, then whoever comes out alive out of DAL/VGK/WIN/COL in a grueling/physical Central.
Lol Oilers are not a team built for the playoffs. Sieve goaltending and weak D will do them in the playoffs. Dallas, Colorado, Jets, and Vancouver are all better than them. Oilers might squeak by LA but they done in the second round. They beat up on garbage teams but when they face a good team it’s another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad