Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
So 10pm and 10:30 est starts... f*** right off NHL schedulers. 1030 starts means 11 pick drop. Way to make sure no one sees the games except the diehards.
It sucks but that seems like a non western fan problem. No one wants an afternoon game in LA or Edmonton, won’t make it with all the traffic. Also the crypto is hosting other playoff games too.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It sucks but that seems like a non western fan problem. No one wants an afternoon game in LA or Edmonton, won’t make it with all the traffic. Also the crypto is hosting other playoff games too.
It is... but most Oiler games are not at 10 and 10:30... those are the outliers. But all our playoff games are every year and I hate it.lol During regular season... 7, 8 and 9 are more common start times with a few matinees too.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I can't understand why you are upset about this?!? You are being unrealistic IMO

It's a first round matchup, so there are 8 series to run, generally every other day.
The Eastern conference gets the early game and the Western conference gets the later game. Furthermore these two teams are the in the Mountain and Pacific time zones.

The above generally doesn't change until the conference finals

For reference, here is the TV schedule from 2023

Note the times from the Edmonton/LA series. Note that the earliest start is on a Sunday
Edmonton [P2] vs. Los Angeles [P3]
Monday, April 17 10 p.m. Los Angeles at Edmonton SN, CBC, TVAS, ESPN
Wednesday, April 19 10 p.m. Los Angeles at Edmonton SN, CBC, TVAS, ESPN
Friday, April 21 10 p.m. Edmonton at Los Angeles SN, CBC, TVAS, TNT
Sunday, April 23 9 p.m. Edmonton at Los Angeles SN, CBC, TVAS, TBS
\
Tuesday, April 25 TBD Los Angeles at Edmonton TBD
\Saturday, April 29 TBD Edmonton at Los Angeles TBD
\
Monday, May 1 TBD Los Angeles at Edmonton TBD

That's when TV coverage starts not puck drop. Puck drop is probably about 15 minutes after that which means with an 8pm start the third period ends around 10:45pm. Not great when you are attending the game or you have kids that want to watch or need to go to work early in the morning.

They could easily have the eastern games start at 6:30 pm to get a 7:30pm start in the later games but we all must bow to our television overlords.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
That's when TV coverage starts not puck drop. Puck drop is probably about 15 minutes after that which means with an 8pm start the third period ends around 10:45pm. Not great when you are attending the game or you have kids that want to watch or need to go to work early in the morning.

They could easily have the eastern games start at 6:30 pm to get a 7:30pm start in the later games but we all must bow to our television overlords.

IMG_5584.jpeg

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
To me Skinner is a low end starter, bottom 5 in the NHL. I wouldnt want him on a team that has to win now.

I'd even choose No Save Dave Rittich over him
Not a single stat this season bears that out, but you do you, I guess.

Reactions: capazzo

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Edmonton should be confident to beat the Kings at this point, but I still expect some issues for them, so Edmonton in 6.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
You think the Oilers have good goaltending? They never learn should have signed a quality goalie.

Regular season means nothing. We all know in the Playoffs Skinner is a sieve.
Hellebuyck last playoffs. 1-4 .886 save pct.
Last years playoffs means everything and the regular season means nothing, right? Hellebuyck sieve?

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
???
Even just looking at goal differential, there are 5 worse teams in the playoffs. Tampa, Vegas, Capitals, Islanders, Predators

The Kings are a paper tiger. They feast on bad teams and lose handedly to good teams.

This is well documented and discussed on the Kings forum. On no planet are the Kings as good as Vegas or Tampa Bay.

The Kings had 15 wins against playoff teams this year. Total. All season.

They are not a good team and there’s a strong chance they’re swept.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Kings won't be able to slow down the Oilers which dooms them to a quick exit. I think they win one in LA but that's it. Oilers in 5.

Reactions: Anemia

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
What if I told you most Oiler games don't start at 10 and 1030?
Most Kings games do, and given this is a series involving McDrai I'm sure the NHL/Sportsnet wants to ensure they can have this as game 2 of the nationally broadcasted double header each night

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Most Kings games do, and given this is a series involving McDrai I'm sure the NHL/Sportsnet wants to ensure they can have this as game 2 of the nationally broadcasted double header each night
And a 1030 start ensures a lot of people don't see it.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Oilers in 5. Kings have been mid in the 2nd half and the they won’t be able to keep up with the oilers high octane deep offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad